Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-rc6] Filter Hullmods  (Read 7636 times)

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a-rc6] Filter Hullmods
« on: September 16, 2022, 08:22:50 AM »

^click here to download!^
requires lazylib
Adds a small selection of hullmods that can be used to filter weapons based on certain characteristics.
(no demo gif yet because I'm lazy and the mod's simple)
Current filters -
  • Damage type
  • Range
  • PD / Non-PD
  • Beam / Projectile
See the mod's settings.json to change the bands for short range and long range, midrange falls between the two

Known issues / potential questions
  • "I added the hullmod and now my ship is 10k+ op over the max, help!" - this is a limitation with how the game handles unequippable weapons (if a weapon's op cost is above 10k it can't be equipped & won't show up in the list), unfortunately it can't be fixed by me
    • you can fix this by either removing the "filter main" hullmod or removing the weapon(s) that don't fit with the current filters that you have selected
  • "Why isn't there a filter for X" - Because I don't want too many & couldn't really be bothered to make more, if there's demand for more filters I'll add them later
maybe todo later
  • add a description to the main hullmod that breaks down the current filters
  • get nice icons for the filters
  • add a set of filters for wings
Special thanks to rubi / rustyCabbage / asyndeticaly for giving me the idea & reminding me that this is even possible!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 05:22:09 AM by Ruddygreat »

HeatnServe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-rc6] Filter Hullmods
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 03:07:55 PM »

How do you use the mod? Clicking on the main filter mod does nothing for me.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 03:28:20 PM »

making only the "Filter" hullmod category show will make it more obvious, but after that you need to add (or remove, can't remember if I made it add them all by default) "filter param" hullmods till you've got what you want

Tito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 10:27:52 PM »

Does it apply to the dozens hullmods from mods?

HeatnServe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 04:37:04 AM »

making only the "Filter" hullmod category show will make it more obvious, but after that you need to add (or remove, can't remember if I made it add them all by default) "filter param" hullmods till you've got what you want

Mh I tried and nothing in the filter category is clickable. The filter params are not selectable and the filter main is not doing anything. Could there be mod incompatibilities causing this? I will try deactivating some mods and try again.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 05:22:10 AM »

no, it just applies to weapons

Mh I tried and nothing in the filter category is clickable. The filter params are not selectable and the filter main is not doing anything. Could there be mod incompatibilities causing this? I will try deactivating some mods and try again.

hmmm, very odd
can't think of why there'd be a mod incompatibility, but when you add the "main" hullmod it should add all the others & make them selectable (they rely on the main hullmod being added because they do nothing otherwise)

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 08:12:12 AM »

no, it just applies to weapons

hmmm, very odd
can't think of why there'd be a mod incompatibility, but when you add the "main" hullmod it should add all the others & make them selectable (they rely on the main hullmod being added because they do nothing otherwise)

Start a new game! Then it will work.

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 11:47:10 AM »

Hi! The index damage\per second is more important than just the damage!

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 12:57:50 PM »

I'll be doing an update soontm & adding some extra filters (and some anti-cheat measures (and lunalib integration)), rof was already on the ideas pile so I'll add per-hit damage & DPS to the mod as well, ty for the suggestion!