Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ships have nanoforges for weapons, for fighters, and planets have nanoforges,too  (Read 1008 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

All your ships have plenty of nanoforges, but you have to find this totally special standalone nanoforge, if you want to boost your planet's industrial output. Actually, they're two different kinds of things, the game just refers to them with a single name. I kinda miss ships having "autofactories" (autofacs for short) instead.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

They are kinda the same thing thought. Honestly, the main thing planets have is that they are large scale enough to produce ships, and also that they have the facilities to create new DRM chips or w.e. they are called, to allow fabricators to create ships and weapons and fighters and w.e.
They aren't really any different.

Ships have nanoforges for making full fighters, but only ammo for weapons, I believe.

I seem to recall lore implying that the sector fell because of a DRM collapse of some kind.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

gG_pilot

• Commander
    • View Profile

Ships have nanoforges for making full fighters, but only ammo for weapons, I believe.
Fighter bay  has a device to produce a fighter AND torpedo.
It can do it repeatedly on demand. One by one, for several types of rockets.
Specificaly deesigned  rocket ship,  Griphon, can make rockets ONCE.
There is a logical-mechanical problem. 
Fighters   and rockets forges must work the same.
e.i. There should  be   a Figher nano-forge mod (also known as Figher bay), and  rocket nano-forge mod (which is missing now).
if you need fighters with rockets, you have to install both forges. 
if a  certain amount of OP can produce rockets on demand, for fighters, I want load those rockets to the ship weapon systems. It is common sense. e.i.  Ship with the rocket forge mod can feed fighters with rockets AND ship weapon rocket systems.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 08:58:51 AM by gG_pilot »

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

First off, the Gryphon can make missiles indefinitely outside of combat.

Secondly, hangar bays are massive investments made up of material and manpower.  While it may not be feasible to safely move a torpedo from the autoforge to the missile launcher during combat, it is not too outlandish to believe that you could get some cabin boy to grab an intricate guidance package from a stockpile printed days ago and place it in the right spot during a fabrication process all the while located in the very heart of the ship, safe from stray shots that might detonate things prematurely.

Lastly, as the colony-level nanoforges themselves state : these machines build themselves out into industrial scale manufactories.  They are very special self-guided machines that are explicitly several orders of magnitude above the nanoforges that most people in the Persean Sector are familiar with.

gG_pilot

• Commander
    • View Profile

First off, the Gryphon can make missiles indefinitely outside of combat.
What ?