Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: What's next?  (Read 16850 times)

harperrb

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
What's next?
« on: May 03, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »

to preface; not, "I want more, now!" sorta thing.

I feel like 0.52a (which has been awesome, btw Alex), got SF past the 'implementation of the system map - phase 1' so to speak. That is, perhaps a single index card of your stack of "to do" (or many).  So, I'm curious as to what we can look forward to coming up, that is of course, if Alex & Co. are in a position to share.  I've seen the features on the website of the big picture, but what are the next implementable mechanics that you might be thinking about getting into alpha, and what might be necessary stepping stones that aren't yet in?

Thanks,

P.S. - Add a donation button or I may just have to buy more copies.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:50:56 PM by harperrb »

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: What's next?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »

mmm, sorry if i got this wrong:

but, IMO it appears alex has taken the "i don't really wanna share details until its near finalization / finalized" stance on divulging details.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 04:51:19 PM »

More lore?

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »

P.S. - Add a donation button.

There is one, it's called buying the game for friends :P

As to your main point, I always thought that's basically what the Live Patch Notes were for, on a more immediate basis. Since we have a very good idea of what will be in the final release from the features list thingie, it doesn't really make much sense to say "Yeah, xyz will be in 5 patches down the line" rather than just say what's coming up next, and what's getting fixed next sort of thing

harperrb

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 04:57:38 PM »

P.S. - Add a donation button.

There is one, it's called buying the game for friends :P

As to your main point, I always thought that's basically what the Live Patch Notes were for, on a more immediate basis. Since we have a very good idea of what will be in the final release from the features list thingie, it doesn't really make much sense to say "Yeah, xyz will be in 5 patches down the line" rather than just say what's coming up next, and what's getting fixed next sort of thing

This might be sad, but I'm one step ahead of you, and I ran out of friends.

Yeah, Live patch notes are great. And I'm not really looking for so many details. Just looking for a casual conversation on what is on the plate.

Anyways, I was just curious. I don't see "what really doesn't make sense" about anything I posted.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 05:00:18 PM »

Well, I was under the impression you were wanting basically what was a live patch note but in the long term.

neonesis

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »

I think the best idea would be developer diaries, with sort of a "quick look into the future" section. But then, these take precious time to make, and a lot more of it than a patch note.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 05:03:50 PM »

This might be sad, but I'm one step ahead of you, and I ran out of friends.

Yeah, Live patch notes are great. And I'm not really looking for so many details. Just looking for a casual conversation on what is on the plate.

Anyways, I was just curious. I don't see "what really doesn't make sense" about anything I posted.

If you're really that desperate to lose your money you can always organize free giveaways at other places on the Internet, that generates some free publicity as well.

harperrb

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »

I was thinking of this, but I have no patience or time to deal with it.  Posting right now is literally my, "Starfarer Time."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:17:49 PM by harperrb »

Dx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 07:00:06 AM »

but, IMO it appears alex has taken the "i don't really wanna share details until its near finalization / finalized" stance on divulging details.

Yes. It must be like this.

I think Blizz shown the world simple true - Never EVER announce features that won't make it into the game for whatever reason!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »

First of all - thank you for your support! The subject of a donation button comes up... surprisingly often, actually (and honestly, it just blows me away that it does). The gist of my feelings on it is that it doesn't feel right to take donations for working on what's, in the end, a commercial product.

Hmm... a plush Onslaught, perhaps? :D

Yes. It must be like this.

I think Blizz shown the world simple true - Never EVER announce features that won't make it into the game for whatever reason!

Yeah... as much as I want to talk about what's coming up, I think it'd be a bad idea. Anything I say might be taken as a promise (or, worse yet, factor into someone's decision to buy the game!) - and the fact is, lots of things that are planned will change as development goes on. You just never quite now how something is going to shape up until you actually do it.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 02:43:47 PM »

No, I want a plush astral. ;D

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 02:49:35 PM »

I'd buy a plush onslaught. I had the pic of all the ships up and asked my 2 yr old daughter which one she looked best. Onslought.

That's my girl.  :)
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 02:51:32 PM »

Damn hegemony. Always getting the favs. Everyone always forgets about the tritachs. Not that Anyone wants to Remember them either ;D
But if I where to pick a plush toy of a ship in the game, then I'd pick my ksi class leviathan ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:53:59 PM by Upgradecap »

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »

Well my fave is probably the odyssey, I am just proud of my daughter for knowing frickin' awesome when she sees it.  :D
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 4