Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [0.97a-RC11] More Planetary Conditions 3.0.2  (Read 61523 times)

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] More Planetary Conditions 2.0.0 - SEMI-RELEASE
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2022, 06:36:12 AM »

Because I'm a little excited to make this next thing, but I'm too busy on MCTE, I want to lay down my plan for the next condition.

Name: Overgrown Nanoforge
Description: Pre-collapse, the domain kept tabs on all nanoforges and kept a domain engineer on hand, as well as, either officially or unofficially, a small projcetion of force to ensure it's proper use. Now there is no domain. And for one reason or another, the growth safeties of this nanoforge have been disabled. This might have been because of the aforementioned assigned engineer(s)'s desperation, ingenuity, or just stupidity, but one thing's for sure: This was no accident.
The fact it's still running with nobody around almost certainly is, though, as only someone insane would willingly induce a grey goo event on a planet. Right?

Effects: Creates a industry on the world that produces an absurd amount of pre-defined commodities. Ex. One that provides 10 fuel, 8 supplies, 7 metal, or some variation. As time progresses, structures will be built across the planet. Each of these structures will have a pair of randomized positive and negative effects. Ex. 1 that increase the fuel prodution by 2, but increases hazard rating by 25%. 1 that increases metal production by 3, but takes an industry slot. 1 that increases supply production by 2, but reduces stability by 1. 1 that increases all production by 3, but preiodically spawns a powerful derelict fleet that will attempt to satbomb the world into literal decivilization (this will also happen if you try to destroy this structure).

If no structure slots are available, it will try to destroy one of your own structures ad industries (pop and infrastructure lsat, as this will decivilize). You will get a intel notification warning you of this, and it can be prevented by deconstructing a junk structure.

The junk structures can be only be destroyed one at a time, and take credits to destroy, and the industry can only be destroyed once all the structures are gone. Destroying the industry awards you a overgrown nanoforge, that significantly increases heavy industry prodution, fleet size, production capacity, but obliterates ship quality.

The idea of this, is that it creates a sort of... like, bonsai tree. You're supposed to watch the planet and trim the excess branches (structures) that look bad (have effects you don't want). Sure, all the structures will have malices, but it's about minmaxing these malices to the benefits.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2022, 03:00:19 PM »

Very unique concept.

The planetary satellites should probably be scaled down in size as right now these kinda almost look like a ring world. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 03:01:55 PM by Bastion.Systems »

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2022, 03:13:41 PM »

>The idea of this
Interesting. I am somewhat split on the micromanagement part.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2022, 01:39:48 PM »

Very unique concept.

The planetary satellites should probably be scaled down in size as right now these kinda almost look like a ring world.

They honestly aren't that big. They're the same size as they are relative to how they are in combat.

And they only are in that tight of a formation because of the condition's text. Read it; it shows there's a actually absurd amount of them in orbit. This is only a abstract representation of that.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] More Planetary Conditions 2.1.0 - SEMI-RELEASE
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2022, 01:56:11 PM »

Raesvelg now has satellites. Suffer.

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] More Planetary Conditions 2.1.0
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2022, 01:11:59 AM »

I want to translate this mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org). Can you allow me to do?
Thank you very much.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2022, 08:40:26 AM »

I want to translate this mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org). Can you allow me to do?
Thank you very much.

Sure! Just do note that a lot of the strings are in the code itself and so you'll need to recompile it into a new jar.

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2022, 04:14:56 AM »

Thank you very much.

Sure! Just do note that a lot of the strings are in the code itself and so you'll need to recompile it into a new jar.
The kra file in graphics looks like unuseful, right?

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2022, 07:24:53 AM »

Thank you very much.

The kra file in graphics looks like unuseful, right?

That's where I designed the satellite. Feel free to use it for your own purposes, as long as you dont straight rip my sprite without credit.

Aran1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] More Planetary Conditions 2.1.1a
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2022, 06:32:41 AM »

edit: issue was dealt with on discord.

hello, I'm having an issue with secrets of the frontier's habitat upgrade and I believe it's conflicting with your mod. when I tell it to upgrade to a colony it just repeats the dialog showing me the requirements for the upgrade without doing anything. this is the log's text from trying to make it twice. I've assumed it's your mod because I don't know other mods that have "defense satellites" and I remember being told to look for "debugUtils" in the discord if I'm in the wrong mod section sorry for the mistake. can't load the save with mpc turned off so can't confirm it's this mod.

Spoiler
to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@3546c972: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@7bf1eb27
405609 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@4060f82c: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@40a022ef
405838 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@68d9ab04: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@161b702f
405903 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@7e4dfe0e: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@794f3d49
405993 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@6f61ee1b: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@42fe84ab
443255 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@37760562: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@106b5898
443317 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@7d080adb: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@44d31b8f
443390 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@2d122317: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@328d74b7
443399 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  - Updating rebellion on Utbo: day 34
443399 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Stability: 0.0
443399 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Initial force strengths: 934.73663, 643.6998
443399 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Government engagement strength: 34.333797
443399 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Rebel engagement strength: 29.91814
443400 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Updated force strengths: 933.4615, 641.7623
443400 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Conflict intensity: 23.371698
443445 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@7014b815: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@4567c023
443474 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@5f0ddd78: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@189894c2
447251 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@2330e442: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@35952db1
447282 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@3f9b58a2: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@97d9196
447338 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@20602906: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@3f7a4a5a
447430 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@7bc220ef: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@7df7b6ac
447486 [Thread-3] INFO  data.utilities.niko_MPC_debugUtils  - found new condition to delete on data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.handlers.niko_MPC_dereli ctSatelliteHandler@36c05f1f: data.scripts.campaign.econ.conditions.defenseSatellite.niko_MPC_derelictAntiAst eroidSatellites@205e83d6
[close]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 07:38:19 AM by Aran1 »

sirskips

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2022, 07:14:19 PM »

Does this dog belong to you?

/*
 * To change this license header, choose License Headers in Project Properties.
 * To change this template file, choose Tools | Templates
 * and open the template in the editor.
 */
package data.scripts.campaign.econ;

import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.BaseHazardCondition;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.ui.TooltipMakerAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc;

public class US_crash extends BaseHazardCondition {

@Override
    public void apply(String id) {
        market.getHazard().modifyFlat(id, getHazardBonus(), condition.getName());
    }

@Override
    public void unapply(String id) {
        market.getHazard().unmodify(id);

}

private float getHazardBonus() {
        return -0.5f+Math.min(0.5f,Math.max(0,(market.getSize()-4))/10);
    }

@Override
    protected void createTooltipAfterDescription(TooltipMakerAPI tooltip, boolean expanded) {
        super.createTooltipAfterDescription(tooltip, expanded);

tooltip.addPara(
                "%s hazard rating (based on population size)",
                10f,
                Misc.getHighlightColor(),
                (int) (getHazardBonus()*100) +"%"
        );
    }
}

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2023, 12:18:16 PM »

Does this dog belong to you?

/*
 * To change this license header, choose License Headers in Project Properties.
 * To change this template file, choose Tools | Templates
 * and open the template in the editor.
 */
package data.scripts.campaign.econ;

import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.BaseHazardCondition;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.ui.TooltipMakerAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc;

public class US_crash extends BaseHazardCondition {

@Override
    public void apply(String id) {
        market.getHazard().modifyFlat(id, getHazardBonus(), condition.getName());
    }

@Override
    public void unapply(String id) {
        market.getHazard().unmodify(id);

}

private float getHazardBonus() {
        return -0.5f+Math.min(0.5f,Math.max(0,(market.getSize()-4))/10);
    }

@Override
    protected void createTooltipAfterDescription(TooltipMakerAPI tooltip, boolean expanded) {
        super.createTooltipAfterDescription(tooltip, expanded);

tooltip.addPara(
                "%s hazard rating (based on population size)",
                10f,
                Misc.getHighlightColor(),
                (int) (getHazardBonus()*100) +"%"
        );
    }
}

no?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2023, 02:46:30 PM »

us_crash (crashed terraforming drone or something) should be a planetary condition from the Unknown Skies mod. https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12041.0

Fwiffo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2023, 03:21:28 PM »

Is this compatible with boggled's Terraforming and Station Construction? And if not, is there any chance to make it so? I'd like to try this but cannot live without TASC anymore.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2023, 05:08:56 PM »

Is this compatible with boggled's Terraforming and Station Construction? And if not, is there any chance to make it so? I'd like to try this but cannot live without TASC anymore.

It's compatable
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6