Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Remnant Defectors v1.4.2  (Read 9624 times)

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Remnant Defectors v1.4.2
« on: August 27, 2022, 09:58:26 AM »

The Remnant Defectors are human-controlled AI ships, much stronger and more modified, that are made for war. Currently a work-in-progress, but great progress made. Nexerelin compatible.

Heavily Suggested/Required Mods: Nexerelin
(Required for start, as well as the blueprints. The blueprints can still be acquired through exploring (I believe))
-Really required to add Nexerelin so the faction spawns in, it will spawn as a vanilla faction without systems on normal, while it will spawn with systems on randomized.

Includes:
-A custom faction flag and crest
-7 new custom ships, and a group of other unused (buggy) ships! (That are somewhat powerful...)
-A frigate supership
-A capital monster hulk made out of multiple ships combined!
-Improved (somewhat) vanilla ships
-Blueprint packages
-Nexerelin starts
-Custom faction in Nexerelin randomized systems!
"3/5 balance scale, a ship or two, or something, is really unbalanced."
Pros:
-Higher OP.
-Larger Shield Arcs.
-Greater cargo and fuel capacity.
-Can carry human crew.
-Doesn't require human crew to pilot.
-Super Frigate

Cons:
-Shield Efficiency is worse (slightly).
-Greater costs.
-Lower speeds.
Vanilla Ships
Prototype [Redacted]

[close]

Custom Ships
Ceitaidal

2 medium synergy, 4 missile, 4 small energy
"That's part of a station ain't it Billy?" -Random Independent explorer
Nefaria

4 fighter bays, 2 medium synergy, 2 medium missile, 2 small missile, 2 small energy
"Such a small ship with FOUR damn fighter bays?! How is that even possible?! I mean, look at it's armaments!" -Unfortunate Pirate
Blister

2 small synergy, 2 small energy, 1 fighter bay
"What sort of madman creates a frigate so heavy it can carry a fighter bay?!" -TotallyNotAPirate
Umbra

2 large hybrid, 4 medium missile, 2 medium composite, 6 small hybrid, 2 fighter bays
"It may seem small compared to an onslaught, but this ship is weaponry in a tiny package, quite deadly. It's a patient killer, waiting for the opponent's flux to rise from firing, then releasing strikes until the larger vessels die. It may seem too expensive in fleet points but the Umbra is worth it." -Ex-Hegemony Officer
Twilight Superfrigate

1 medium universal, 1 medium energy, 2 small missile, 2 built-in ELITE Terminator fighter bays.
"Devil of a ship, if you thought the tempest was powerful, this thing is your doom. Like the literal Doom." -AnotherExplorer
Shadow Lurker

2 large energy, 2 medium energy, 2 small missile, 4 small energy.
"A hunter, made for one reason: Burst fire. Capable of overloading even a dominator from a single volley, but overloads itself in the process... extremely useful at hunting down fast smaller targets, but not as well versus larger, more flux-capable, targets." -RD engineer
Radata

2 medium energy, 3 small energy.
"The true first freighter of the RD, still strong enough to defend itself, but under-armed compared to most destroyers. Not made for combat but in numbers can be quite a pain." -RD young pilot, Heresy
Penumbra

4 large hybrid, 2 large composite, 4 medium hybrid, 4 medium composite, 1 medium universal, 10 small hybrid, 1 fighter bay
"This thing shouldn't exist... at least not under heavy technological hands. How come AI geniuses created such a large monster of a ship?! It's made out of mostly scrap parts! Mostly something a pather or a pirate might make! Yet they did it with so much efficiency that easily outmatches even entire armadas! People must be crazy these days!" -Random Independent commander who sighted the ship in an RD fleet.
[close]

Plans
-Add new vanilla-like factions (2 which are either like AI or HATE it)
-Add a secret new opponent which acts like pirates
-Add a new project that adds an unusual ship...
-New systems
[close]

Changelog
V1.4.2
-Lots of bugfixes
-Balancing
-Added a custom (empty for now) system:
Spoiler
Verdanixt, Look at the WEST of the map
[close]
-Added a group of RD ships (Umbra, Penumbra, Radata, and Shadow Lurker)
-Added a group of secret ships that are unused yet...
-Fixed so the RD can now spawn as a faction in randomized systems from Nexerelin
-Planning to add new things into the game.

V1.1.3
-Bug fixes
-Fixed Nexerelin start when players started with 0 reputations with all factions. Currently, all vanilla factions have modified reputations.
-Fixed some starts not appearing on screen because of errors.
-Other minor patches
--Added a Super Frigate
--Added Super Drone Wings for the Super Frigate
V1.0.0
---MEGA update.
--Nexerelin starts compatibility.
--Custom blueprint packages.
--Variants
-New banner + crest
-New droneship (The Blister)
(Any bugs please report by commenting or @Xhaldor#5942 Discord)
V0.3.1
--Added Nefaria Heavy Carrier
-Increased OP for Sentenial 75 -> 90
-Type for Sentenial changed to Droneship Tank
-Actually changed the version to be updated along with the updates. Now at V0.3.1
-Updated description of the mod
V0.2.0
-Created Ceitaidal custom ship (a bit crappy I know but it's my first custom ship.)
-Posted it on forums and discord.
V0.1.0
-Created the first version
[close]

Credits to ShiftySilt#4833 (Discord) for helping me create the .ship/.wing files and tips to balance ships.
Credits to TNB_Command for help with coding, bug fixing & testing
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 10:38:27 AM by Xhaldor »

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Remnant Defectors v1.0.0
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 03:34:41 PM »

Updated to version 1.3.3
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 09:09:19 AM by Xhaldor »

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 04:35:02 PM »

Save compatible?

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 04:48:39 PM »

Save compatible?
I don't think so, but you could try it. It's quite a big update with nexerelin and such, but most ships stay the same, with new ones. New flag and crest, and such.

I believe the next few updates will mostly focus on balancing, bug fixes, and adding new ships and maybe even fighter wings.
(Most urgent is fixing relationships at start)

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Remnant Defectors v1.1.3
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 09:14:48 AM »

Updated to version 1.3.3
Fixed: Starting relations with factions fully fixed now, vanilla factions only. Later on, might add for modded factions as well.

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Remnant Defectors v1.4.2
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 06:08:53 PM »

Updated to version 1.4.2, quite a bunch of ships.

Ovid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 04:27:38 PM »

Am I missing something? I'm using v1.4.2 of this mod, and start up a Random Core Sector map with the Remnant Defector start. Then it spawns me into Prism Freeport. I don't see any new factions on my intel screen, I don't see any systems or stars named what is mentioned in the spoiler.

Is the Remnant Defector faction not yet in? Is something screwy with the system generation system? Is it meant to be somewhat hidden, like some of the Roider Union starbases?

Currently, this just seems like a ship pack with future aspirations as a faction. Cool ships, but disappointing as I had wanted to see Remnant Defector ships flying around a system in fleets (other than mine).

Ovid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 10:31:50 PM »

I was messing around with the Remnant Defector start, and with the discord's help, I just realized something weird. I don't know if it's all the Proto Scintilla's you can do a Start with, but the one I got for the Heavy Carrier fleet start (both the fleets with the Proto Umbra and the Proto Brilliant) has a weird hull mod called "RD Spawner" which functions like the Omega ships on death.

The issue is that if you have a ship with this effect on the battlefield, combat will not end until it's destroyed, even if it's in your own fleet. So you have to use console command EndCombat to end a battle.

On the flip side, when I spawned in a fresh Proto Scintilla hull, RD Spawner wasn't on it. So it's just the ships created in the Starts that seem to be at issue.

EDIT: ah, correction. It's the scintilla_defector_variant build that comes with the "RD Spawner" hullmod/trait.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 10:49:08 PM by Ovid »

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2022, 07:40:18 AM »

Bugs, lots of bugs, turns out I sent the wrong version out, however since am busy with my studies and tests, I'll have to postpone repairs to probably a few weeks maybe a month later. However since now I got a windows this should be easier.

Ovid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2022, 06:23:29 PM »

I'm continuing my Remnant Defectors playthrough, and I just ran into a modspec for "RD spawner". Considering all the issues with "any vessel that breaks up into smaller vessels, must be destroyed to end combat, even if they are part of the player's fleet", you might want to remove that from the loot pool.

Asmodium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 08:16:26 PM »

I had a issue with battles not ending with the carriers need to retreat to end battle but sometime it's just one ship without fighters think it's just recognizing the ships as bad guys who need eliminated for some reason had many battles I had to back out of with the remnant but sense they where all dead they let me salvage instead of restarting combat

other then the stated issues I love the mod
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 08:19:20 PM by Asmodium »

Ovid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2022, 03:06:33 PM »

I had a issue with battles not ending with the carriers need to retreat to end battle but sometime it's just one ship without fighters think it's just recognizing the ships as bad guys who need eliminated for some reason had many battles I had to back out of with the remnant but sense they where all dead they let me salvage instead of restarting combat

other then the stated issues I love the mod

I suspect you were running into what I was. Check your ships and see if any of them have a trait/hullmod called "RD Spawner". It functions similarly to the Omega ships that break up into more ships, but something about the coding of it means that any ship that uses that effect is considered a enemy that must be destroyed, or in your case, retreated. I personally experienced this with the Prototype Scintilla that comes with the RD game start in Nexerelin, but I also ran into a modspec for RD spawner, which means you might accidentally put it on others.
Unfortunately, in the case of the Proto Scintilla you get from RD start, you can't remove the effect, so your only choice is to scrap or sell it, or just not use it in combat. It shouldn't be an issue if you create more via orbital works (or if you use console commands to make an empty hull), but bear in mind that the only non-basic variant (in console, it's scintilla_defector_variant) in the game DOES come with the RD Spawner hullmod being irremovable. At least currently, as of this post.

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2022, 07:41:39 AM »

Am likely going to shut down this mod soon, not sure when.
What most likely will happen is:
-Delete this for good
-Rework it and fix bugs (maybe reduce or increase stuff)
-Replace it with a new mod

Soviet Tom Bombadil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2023, 11:43:09 AM »

thanks for leaving it up long enough for me to grab a copy and try it

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2023, 04:51:44 PM »

thanks for leaving it up long enough for me to grab a copy and try it

Oh actually I want to take it down since I tried it when I was brand new to coding. I am thinking of deleting it. But once I finish working on learning some things I might replace it with a new faction. Then I will add more factions and eventually I dream to turn it into a total convertion.
Pages: [1] 2