Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The white screen explosions are annoying  (Read 5143 times)

Morsealworth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: The white screen explosions are annoying
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2022, 04:08:38 PM »

Thank you, it's significantly less blinding as far as I can tell. How safe will it be for the eyes, however, can only be tested in-game, as zoom can be important, like when you attack a capital ship while piloting a frigate.

(Reading between the lines of what you've said before, I wonder if you're not playing in the dark or with the monitor brightness set very high. Starsector entirely aside, neither of those things would be good for your eyes long-term, so it seemed worth mentioning. Not that being able to turn the whiteout off is a bad thing regardless.)
Surprisingly enough, it's nether. The room is well-lit, my monitor has brightness that's just enough to see what's going on without having to strain my eyes too much (I just checked, and on my display itself the setting is lower than the standard, and so is the contrast). In fact, if it wasn't an IPS monitor with its deep black color, the contrast would be much weaker.

Thank you for caring, though.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: The white screen explosions are annoying
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2022, 06:20:59 PM »

At least scale the whiteout to the size of the ship; maybe it shouldn't exist at all for the average destroyer. Right now a Buffalo Mk.II (4 DP) with the offscreen indicator at 1,000 su creates a white overlay with what looks like 50% alpha.

(Also maybe make the effect have a gradient across the screen instead of being uniform)
Pages: 1 2 [3]