Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Starsector Review; or How I Brought about the Second Collapse.  (Read 2034 times)

BucketOfBolts

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Starsector is one of the most brilliant works of art I have ever played.

I recently dived into the game seriously this past week and I have hardly slept for joy.

To Alex and the other artists who have been working on this game, a standing ovation to you. I have not had this much immersion, fun, or sleepless nights since I was a child. I started as a lone smuggler and worked my way all the way up to head of a galactic conglomerate that eventually caused the Second Collapse of the universe through excessive AI integration. And each day I find whole new systems of incredible game design to marvel at.

You have nailed the games atmosphere through story, visuals, music, incredible layered systems, and a respect for the player that is so alien to the current industry. You have created not a game but a world to live in and do as they please. The backend systems and details are so incredibly diverse and complex and yet stay in the background, waiting to be discovered, like so much in the Starsector  universe.

Bravo! Bravo! I cannot wait to dive in again after this message, and to finally play the full game when it is out. Truly a work for the ages and for all time!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: A Starsector Review; or How I Brought about the Second Collapse.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 06:32:18 PM »

Hi - thank you so much! I'm really happy you're having so much fun with it, that really means a lot to me! <3

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 07:20:11 AM »

:D

Kos135

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 08:50:23 AM »

I purchased Starsector 3 years ago as part of the initial Sseth Swarm. Never regretted it since, I've gotten more enjoyment out of this $15 indie game than the great majority of $60 AAA games I've played.
Thanks to Sseth for letting us know about this hidden gem, and thanks to Alex and his fellow devs for creating it!
You cannot trick an honest man, only a villain will fall for it.

Foss456

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 08:59:39 AM »

I must agree. I reinstall Starsector every few months for another playthrough or two.
9 years and counting!

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 03:33:52 PM »

Just wait until he discovers mods!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too