Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Space Haven anyone?  (Read 366 times)

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Space Haven anyone?
« on: August 19, 2022, 06:04:49 AM »

The crossover of FTL, Rimworld and X-Com hits me right in the feelgoods. We're used to being patient here so I think we can appreciate that it's a small project that is taking years to complete. People said gameplay was a little thin, but it's recently got an update and that's the only version I know. I'm having a blast with it.

You hop from system to system, vacuum up goodies, fight pirates, trade things with friendlies, trade people with slavers, do prisoner exchanges, get boarded and board others, contend with disasters that are honestly just so fun to deal with. It's like a submarine sim that way. How do you deal with fire, which vents do you shut off and who gets locked in where? Who's expendable and whose spacesuit is close to running out of O²? There's also a research tree, implants, nutrition, space sickness, creepy aliens etc.

If I had to point at one thing that needs improvement, it's the ship-to-ship combat. It's kinda like FTL except you just wear down health bars. Hopefully before the enemy jumps out.

Four dead pirate ships being looted, and a couple of derelicts. Dead does not mean there aren't people with spacesuits still in there.

Gave it an Enforcer paintjob... kinda reminded me of it.