Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How to cheat ?  (Read 8122 times)

narf03

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
How to cheat ?
« on: August 17, 2022, 09:20:05 PM »

Need some cheat code to spawn some big ships for testing purpose. Anybody know how to do that ?

I want to test out alpha core drop rate, i found out that if i start a new game with derelict, i can get alpha core very easily, like 50% chance or more fighting a derelict fleet. Then game proceed the chance of getting 1 getting lesser and lesser, until 1 point almost no chance of dropping(even opponent has many ships with alpha cores).

I noticed the different is either i had too many alpha core, my fleet getting larger, opponent getting weaker, i want to know the exact reason. Like if i sell some alpha cores, can i improve my chance ? if i reduce amount of ships, can i get better chance ? or what can i do to farm them better.

If anybody know the reason, or able to help me to cheat(to some how produce more ships during the first few days in a new game), i would be grateful. Thanks.

itBeABruhMoment

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: How to cheat ?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 09:32:29 PM »

narf03

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 10:00:27 PM »

ok have it installed, any help on the commands ?

i think i need command to add alpha core 100 units and some fully equipped capital ship 100 of them will do =P

also, can i manipulate the game date ? like add 100 years ?

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 01:06:59 AM »

Type help in the console

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 07:45:29 PM »

ok have it installed, any help on the commands ?

i think i need command to add alpha core 100 units and some fully equipped capital ship 100 of them will do =P

also, can i manipulate the game date ? like add 100 years ?

ctrl+backspace to open the console, it will prompt the instructions open loading a save.
Code
help
help addship
help list
list ships

And there you have all you need to start being ridiculous.  You're welcome.