Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Could we get the ability to automate issuing commands in battle?  (Read 253 times)

RedBaronFlyer

• Ensign
  • XIV Battlegroup Fanboy
    • View Profile

I was wondering if, in the future, we'd be able to have the ability to essentially delegate the ability to issue orders to a command AI on our side. I've noticed that both friendly (NPC) and enemy fleets have the ability to issue orders like the player. It seems like the AI has the ability to issue out all the commands that the player has (or at least the most important ones) This is a really neat feature, and it helps battles feel a lot more strategic, and it makes fighting with, and against other fleets enjoyable.

However, especially during the late game, or in a battle with a lot of ships, it can be a bit overwhelming or tedious to issue orders. I usually issue orders at the start of the battle just fine, but I tend to focus too much on combat once both sides have met in the middle of the map. It's a bit frustrating because I can usually focus on combat or focus on commanding, but not really both at the same time. This isn't really a problem in the early game, but later on, I'll often see that one of my ships got killed in the killfeed, look at the battle map, and see that it was a ship that got too aggressive, or more likely, just kind of wandered off and ended up behind the enemies battle line because it was chasing a buffalo MK2 or something.

I realize that part of this is just a skill thing, but I thought it would be nice as an option.

I made an example of what I was imagining. I'm not very creative when writing descriptions or coming up with names.

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 10:35:40 PM by RedBaronFlyer »