Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Few questions about modding  (Read 331 times)

Mr_Castinfon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Few questions about modding
« on: August 11, 2022, 11:19:21 AM »

I asked this earlier in the star sector reddit and I was pointed here. So here I am.

I have an idea for a cool mod that I wanna try making and I wanna see if certain things are even possible to do. So here they are.

Can I remove the original factions?
The mod is set outside the Perseus sector and, logically, the hegemony, luddics, sindria and the other guys aren't gonna exist there, so how can I remove them for my custom factions?

How do I remove the core worlds?
My sector won't be centralized, i.e., there is no core worlds and it's just a big cluster of stars. Is there a way to alter the generation to get that kind of effect? I was told on reddit to look at how Nexerelin handles random core worlds, so if anyone can explain the details?

How do I add my own derelicts
Different sector, different lore. So, how can I add something like the gates or probes In vanilla and have my own ways of how to interact with them.

How do I change something for the base game?
There are a few things in vanilla that I wanna keep, but slightly altered. Like, for example, if I think the Kite shuttle looks *** and I wanna change its look, how can I do that while keeping it's stats.

Those are I think all the questions. Any sort of help is appreciated.