Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Let us be able to see enemy ships and officers while deploying our own  (Read 558 times)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile

That's it. I'm sure it happened to everyone, you clicked too fast and didn't have a chance to take a good look, or maybe just saw the ships but forgot to check the officers. Also it's easier and more comfortable seeing everything the enemy has while you're thinking about what to deploy and when.
Please don't take me too seriously.

gG_pilot

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Let us be able to see enemy ships and officers while deploying our own
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 03:53:06 AM »

Yes.
Show enemy ships and their DP at  one screen with  your fleet. Not every player is nerd who remember DP of every ship, so it would  be nice to have a hint how powerful enemies are at the moment when player compose his own attack force. UI should be friend not enemy.

On top,  in the deployment screen allow  (re)attach pilot to a ship. It happened many, many, many,  times to me, that on the battle start  a  pilot sits  in a  ship with low CR, but another ship with decent CR is empty.
This workflow-UI unfriendly setting means, player is required to quickly press a key just before a battle to access fleet management, then check pilots and CR,  re-arange pilots. Then quit fleet UI. Then start combat.  Nuisance.

I think game should be designed as click friendly, almost with a "turn based" mood. Therefore UI-UX-Workflow should support relaxed, friendly style, rather than enforce erratic clicking back and forth.

Another bold suggestion regarding this screen > Deployment(Reinforce) menu should show CURRENT CR and sort your ship based on CR. (perhaps  a  add one button-switch which change sorting  based on DP or CR) As result, player can comfortably see what is status of the whole fleet in a blink of eye. In  Reinforce menu, combat is paused,  player can  comfortably select tired ship and release command : " Flee". (yes command buttons should be added to the Reinforce screen)  Current  system of text messages : "Your ship xxx is getting low on CR" is useless and in larger battles confusing. e.i. instead of help to solve problems it makes it worse.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 09:41:54 AM by gG_pilot »

Drazan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 06:14:29 AM »

Really supporting these ideas.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 09:26:19 AM »

Sometimes it takes a long time to realise some obvious thing wasn't actually ever pointed out to Alex, on the basis of it being so obvious...

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 09:29:57 AM »

Sometimes it takes a long time to realise some obvious thing wasn't actually ever pointed out to Alex, on the basis of it being so obvious...
That happened so many times, people asking how to do something and where is certain information, and then hitting me "maybe I am the weird one for being so used to the clunky parts that I started believing they're not clunky".

I wouldn't have even suggested this if I didn't have seen another person complain about it recently.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 08:01:32 AM »

I've certainly wanted this a few times.

Maybe have it as an Enemy tab, a bit like the simulator, but then with a message that the enemy has X amount of DP and may or may not actually deploy any of the listed ships?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 02:55:25 PM »

In early Starfarer releases, when the enemy deployed their ships, the player was broadcasted a message that showed which enemy ships were deployed.  That was removed some time later.  That old feature should make a comeback because the enemy knows when and what you deploy, then they deploy their forces accordingly.