Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arkships V1.4  (Read 50928 times)

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arkships V1.4
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2022, 05:46:51 PM »

It reminds of Pirate Dominions from Space Rangers a War Apart, which are bases that can teleport themselves over the galaxy.
This mod is awesome, thank you.
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

PasDeBras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2022, 03:07:07 AM »

Hey man, just a heads up; when a new game is started with the classic "tutorial" start, hotbar abilities are handed out one by one, but the transmitter ability to locate the ark is missing, logically.
Can you add option for this, or give us a bit of console command code to add it? Thanks !

EDIT : for anyone in the same boat as me, worked by typing
Code
runcode Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAbility("as_arkship_finder") 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:10:00 AM by PasDeBras »

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2022, 12:16:14 PM »

Hey man, just a heads up; when a new game is started with the classic "tutorial" start, hotbar abilities are handed out one by one, but the transmitter ability to locate the ark is missing, logically.
Can you add option for this, or give us a bit of console command code to add it? Thanks !

EDIT : for anyone in the same boat as me, worked by typing
Code
runcode Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAbility("as_arkship_finder") 

Not sure when il get to it, but il take a look on how to fix this. Didnt remember that the Tutorial does this.
My Mods

raptormother

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2022, 03:13:48 PM »

Hi! I second the idea of a config option for the cost, being able to adjust it would be quite amazing. Thanks for this little gem!

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2022, 05:40:49 AM »

You know, I've been sat here going over this mod, deliberating on whether or not to add it, and a thought occurred to me.

Why not make it one of the possible outcomes for capturing a Derelict Survey Mothership (or Cryosleeper) and use that's sprite in the overworld?

At the point you're able to take on either one of those entities (clearing a cryosleeper or defeating a Mothership) you're effectively past the early-game struggle bus anyway, but I also understand that the whole premise of this mod is supposed to remove the annoyance of having to ship large quantities of commodity found in derelicts (or personalized storage) around.

If nothing else, consider the sprite swap (cryosleeper or survey ship) it might better convey it's purpose.

okj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2022, 04:02:33 AM »

Very low fps (5-10) when calling arkship. I also use adjusted sector with tons of faction mods though so it tanks fps even more. Maybe a config option to have the arkship just appears instead of flying to a location?

Truly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2022, 09:43:34 AM »

Thank you for this mod, there are some issues I hope you would address:
- fps slow to a crawl in busy systems when you call the arkship
- you cannot access the arkship if you are hostile to the independent and have the transponder turned on, this becomes a problem when you're in a system belong to another faction that requires it.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2022, 06:54:26 AM »

Thank you for this mod, there are some issues I hope you would address:
- fps slow to a crawl in busy systems when you call the arkship
- you cannot access the arkship if you are hostile to the independent and have the transponder turned on, this becomes a problem when you're in a system belong to another faction that requires it.

Very low fps (5-10) when calling arkship. I also use adjusted sector with tons of faction mods though so it tanks fps even more. Maybe a config option to have the arkship just appears instead of flying to a location?

Im currently working on another mod that will ultimately have the Arkship merged in to it, and the method at how it travels will be different, which shouldnt cause any FPS issues at all anymore, compared to the approach with the particles before.
Sorry that there isnt a fix for those issues, but they should be resolved once i release the new mod, but thats still going to take some time.
My Mods

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2022, 07:43:23 AM »

Im currently working on another mod that will ultimately have the Arkship merged in to it, and the method at how it travels will be different, which shouldnt cause any FPS issues at all anymore, compared to the approach with the particles before.
Sorry that there isnt a fix for those issues, but they should be resolved once i release the new mod, but thats still going to take some time.

The news of a new mod that integrates with the archship is intriguing.
Can you give a little more details?

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2022, 09:11:04 AM »

Its a mod that adds "Rifts" in to the sector. They generate without a connection to the Hyperspace and can be accessed through Wormholes found in some star systems.
Those Rifts generate with planets and a custom boss faction (i.e Remnant Like).

The Arkship can be found within one of those and can be activated by providing some of the resources from Rifts. The way it moves now is through generating wormholes, instead of flying like before. Also now uses fuel in its storage instead of credits.

It also gets a few features for the progression within the mod itself.
Found one of the previews i posted on the discord, its from a few weeks ago though, before i did a few improvements to the looks
https://imgur.com/9Y9QtfH

With how progress is going now, i could see myself release a Beta to the Discord around next week, probably longer till i feel like releasing a version to the Forum. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 09:15:35 AM by Lukas04 »
My Mods

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2022, 08:38:59 PM »

Its a mod that adds "Rifts" in to the sector. They generate without a connection to the Hyperspace and can be accessed through Wormholes found in some star systems.
Those Rifts generate with planets and a custom boss faction (i.e Remnant Like).

The Arkship can be found within one of those and can be activated by providing some of the resources from Rifts. The way it moves now is through generating wormholes, instead of flying like before. Also now uses fuel in its storage instead of credits.

It also gets a few features for the progression within the mod itself.
Found one of the previews i posted on the discord, its from a few weeks ago though, before i did a few improvements to the looks

With how progress is going now, i could see myself release a Beta to the Discord around next week, probably longer till i feel like releasing a version to the Forum.

Sounds good, I hope I can use your new mod as possible as quickly.
Please allow me to stop translating Arkship(Too Much Heavy on FPS).

immortalartisan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2022, 03:20:09 PM »

not sure if the game is *** with me or am in idiot but ive found the beacon system in the constalation it indicated and all i can find of an ark is a gas giant named ark and a asteroid belt called ark numbers

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2022, 02:06:46 AM »

One thing I don't like about how the arkship operates is that you're paying a flat 50k per month for supplies and fuel, but you also have to pay for the fuel and supplies it collects.  My suggestion would be to make them storage rather than resource stockpiles, else there's not much reason to have it need an upkeep cost on top that's so large.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 11:53:14 PM by Reshy »

Cirind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2022, 03:08:56 PM »

Just wanted to say I adore how this wormhole effect looks. Kinda reminds me of how Gamillas ships from Space Battleship Yamato 2202 exit jump.

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2023, 11:00:56 PM »

Baby Come Back
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5