Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arkships V1.4  (Read 50958 times)

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arkships V0.6
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2022, 03:18:38 AM »

I found an odd interaction with the derelict arkship. I added it via the cheat code through console commands since I added the mod mid-save. After defeating the guards, it popped up this screen:

Doing the salvage would pop up a message that says it found nothing of interest, then delete the arkship. There's no skill on my bar to call the arkship or anything, it's just gone.

If I choose to ignore the salvage, it'll just start up another encounter with the guards once I interact with the arkship again.

Thats odd, ill check what may be causing it.
Until then, you can use this command to get the ability directly: runcode Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAbility("as_call_arcship")
My Mods

Vanargand

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2022, 05:42:13 PM »

Is the Arkship supposed to spawn in high warning Remnant sectors? Or any sector, because I can't for the life of me find one naturally despite hunting down several warning beacons.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2022, 11:52:28 PM »

Is the Arkship supposed to spawn in high warning Remnant sectors? Or any sector, because I can't for the life of me find one naturally despite hunting down several warning beacons.

Can spawn in any beacon system, not just high ones.
Im thinking of adding something to make the finding of the Arkship easier though.
My Mods

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arkships V1.0
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2022, 05:57:05 AM »

Update V1.0 Changelog
V1.0 is Not Save Compatible if a prior version of the mod were installed

-> Added an ability received at the start of the game that indicates the distance to the Derelict Arkship. This removes the need to check every Remnant system.
--> It doesnt specify a distance, but instead it receives a signal strength, varying between "very weak", "weak", "average" and "strong".

-> Modified the sprite to make it look a bit more like an actual Ship.
-> Improved the look of the thruster trail. It now decreases in strength as the thruster "throttles" and slows the ship.
-> Improved the flight-in effect, making it slower and come to a stop more naturally.

-> Restructured the mods code and added Code-Comments to make it more easy to read.
-> Improved the "Arkship Call" abilities tooltip and made it more dynamic.
-> The Arkship now orbits at a larger distance at gas giants, instead of clipping in to them.
-> Slightly decreased the amount of supplies and fuel generated by compartments.
-> Fixed an issue where the mod did not update the monthly maintenance costs when it should have.
-> Fixed an issue that caused the credit requirement check for warps to not function correctly.
-> Fixed an issue that caused a salvage screen to show up after defeating the defending fleet.
-> Fixed an issue that caused the Derelict Arkship to not dissapear after the Arkship was claimed.
-> Fixed issue where the "Arkship call" ability tooltip didnt correctly show the Maintenance cost in Hyperspace.

My Mods

deoxyribonucleicacid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2022, 04:52:34 PM »

do you have plans on changing the sprite the arkship is using? cause i felt thats the only spice it needs to be perfect

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2022, 04:56:59 PM »

do you have plans on changing the sprite the arkship is using? cause i felt thats the only spice it needs to be perfect

Im thinking of asking around on the Discord if someone feels up to spriting something at one point, but i myself dont really have any artistic talent, so if i were to make one myself
it would probably look worse than the current edit.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 05:02:58 PM by Lukas04 »
My Mods

Vanargand

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2022, 09:26:17 PM »

If you ever consider making a more "op" version of this mod, it'd be really cool to make a version where you basically have a home system you can tug around. Like having a portable planet for a nomadic playstyle.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2022, 09:20:27 AM »

Update V1.1 Changelog

-> The Arkship Defender fleet is now preset and not random.
-> Fixed the Salvage Screen opening at the Derelict Arkship .
-> Fixed a performance issue with the Arkship Call ability.
-> Fixed a crash on linux.

My Mods

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arkships V1.1
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2022, 08:29:30 PM »

new update crashes the game on sector generation

tried posting the error log but the forum seems to not understand certain characters in it and cant post the message because of it

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2022, 10:12:50 PM »

tried posting the error log but the forum seems to not understand certain characters in it and cant post the message because of it

Thats a bit odd, there isnt much happening during sector generation that could cause a crash, asuming you are talking about new sector gen.
There are websites like pastebin which let you post text in it and share a link, would appreciate if you could send the log that way.
My Mods

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2022, 10:56:53 PM »

I'll try to generate another error code tomorrow for you but I have over 200 mods installed so maybe its a conflict between your mod and another one. I did disable ark and was able to generate a new game but at this point generating a new game can take like 40 minutes despite having some of the best hardware on the market to be able to handle all these mods lmao

OmegaS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2022, 01:08:39 AM »

I'll try to generate another error code tomorrow for you but I have over 200 mods installed so maybe its a conflict between your mod and another one. I did disable ark and was able to generate a new game but at this point generating a new game can take like 40 minutes despite having some of the best hardware on the market to be able to handle all these mods lmao
Sounds like you're just one twig away from breaking the camel's back.  And I have to wonder just what the hell you're playing with all those mods, because it can't have much similarity to the Starsector the rest of us are using.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2022, 04:20:18 PM »

Sounds like you're just one twig away from breaking the camel's back.  And I have to wonder just what the hell you're playing with all those mods, because it can't have much similarity to the Starsector the rest of us are using.

Nah mods tend to be isolated code wise so having all these mods basically means the game is just insanely content rich but its still easy to isolate causes to crashes :3

could probably play a year full time on the same save at this point and still have content to uncover lol

calantlar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2022, 11:23:35 AM »

Very cool mod, opens up a new kind of no colony playstyle. Will certainly keep my eye out for future updates.

sigmasquadron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2022, 02:29:27 PM »

I can also reproduce this crash. https://pastebin.com/2Gg0vc43

It seems to be related to Adjusted Sector (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17331.0), as the game doesn't crash if it's disabled.
My Adjusted Sector config, if it's useful: https://pastebin.com/JJQcgrmp
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 02:32:21 PM by sigmasquadron »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5