Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arkships V1.4  (Read 50960 times)

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Arkships V1.4
« on: August 10, 2022, 10:47:50 AM »

Currently not available due to some issues & the unability to properly maintain them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 04:13:48 PM by Lukas04 »
My Mods

Fen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arkships V0.3
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 05:48:36 PM »

Very neat

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arkships V0.3
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 11:12:54 PM »

Wait...does this mean I can finally steal all 40k of cheap minerals!? Happy day!

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arkships V0.4
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 07:09:35 AM »

Update V0.4 Changelog
-> The Derelict Arkship now spawns if you load a save for the first time with the mod (Allowing the mod to be added mid-save without using cheats)
-> The Derelict Arkship now has some [REDACTED] Defenses that you have to fight to aquire it

My Mods

Hotpics

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 11:06:19 AM »

The idea or rather the mechanic your mod has is quite appealing.
How about converting it to be a "Support Platform" when you invade/bombard/conquer planets that are heavily defended?

1. Tow the Arkship into the system.
2. Leave it somewhere at the fringe of the system.
3. Destroy enemy Orbital Station.
4. Call in Arkship and the onboard personal with its supplies will aid you in raids/bombardments/invasions. (Maybe some integration with Nerxerlin?)

I also suggest a Low-/Mid-/Hightech version of the Arkship so every faction could have one.

Personally I'm not fond of the idea to have a massive untouchable storage on demand.
But the mechanic and fundamental concept could even find use in the base game even if in a more abstract manner, as far as i think.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 11:49:45 AM »

The idea or rather the mechanic your mod has is quite appealing.
How about converting it to be a "Support Platform" when you invade/bombard/conquer planets that are heavily defended?

1. Tow the Arkship into the system.
2. Leave it somewhere at the fringe of the system.
3. Destroy enemy Orbital Station.
4. Call in Arkship and the onboard personal with its supplies will aid you in raids/bombardments/invasions. (Maybe some integration with Nerxerlin?)

I also suggest a Low-/Mid-/Hightech version of the Arkship so every faction could have one.

Personally I'm not fond of the idea to have a massive untouchable storage on demand.
But the mechanic and fundamental concept could even find use in the base game even if in a more abstract manner, as far as i think.

I dont think im ever going to make it participate or support in combat related things, its strong enough in the thing it is already doing, and what its doing right now is more so in the image of what i also
want it to do. As with most mods that add a rather player-supporting system, this mod isnt going to be for everyone, but i know that it satisfies the needs for some players well enough with how it currently functions. (I immidiatly got multiple people telling me how they now dont need to use their cheats for inventory moving anymore lol)

In the "lore" i made, as limited and basic as it is, the Arkship is a Pre-Domain Age object, so giving it a Low/Mid/Hightech variant doesnt make to much sense. Mostly using the Hightech model since i found it the most appropiate for what it is, might be giving it a recolor at one point though atleast.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 11:53:20 AM by Lukas04 »
My Mods

Hotpics

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 01:55:46 PM »

i know that it satisfies the needs for some players well enough with how it currently functions. (I immidiatly got multiple people telling me how they now dont need to use their cheats for inventory moving anymore lol)

Industrial Revolution features Courier Ports to move large inventories from planet A to B, somewhat.
But your mod got me some ideas. .. guess not gonna sleep for a while now.

jeffg10

• Ensign
  • Cheesus Crust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 03:03:53 AM »

I think it would be cool if you added compartments that related to industrial evolution integration if possible (like repair/salvage yards and exc), maybe as unlockable things that you find rather than have off the bat?
"Someone else might have wept or screamed in frustration or even given up right there and perished. But I didn't have the right to do any of those things, not while my people were in danger. Like it or not, I would have to explore this harsh world on my own."

Ovid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 03:46:41 AM »

I have no idea how difficult it would be, especially since the Arkship is flagged as being a different faction from Player, but what about adding sections that grant the same buffs as Stable Point Objects? Stability, sensor range, burn levels. It'd provide a buff to friendly/player fleets in the same system, and make it worthwhile to consider leaving at home if you aren't using it for some reason.

What about a Refinery section? Not as an industry, but something that turns deposited/stored ores and transplutonic ores into metals and transplutonic metals.

it's a stretch, but what about a similar idea to the refinery, but it converts food into lobsters or something? Basically, a way to turn low value high volume finds like food and turn it into a smaller amount of higher value goods. but again, not as an Industry, just a way to handle high salvage amounts.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2022, 03:50:58 AM »

I have no idea how difficult it would be, especially since the Arkship is flagged as being a different faction from Player, but what about adding sections that grant the same buffs as Stable Point Objects? Stability, sensor range, burn levels. It'd provide a buff to friendly/player fleets in the same system, and make it worthwhile to consider leaving at home if you aren't using it for some reason.

What about a Refinery section? Not as an industry, but something that turns deposited/stored ores and transplutonic ores into metals and transplutonic metals.

it's a stretch, but what about a similar idea to the refinery, but it converts food into lobsters or something? Basically, a way to turn low value high volume finds like food and turn it into a smaller amount of higher value goods. but again, not as an Industry, just a way to handle high salvage amounts.

I thought about making it give certain system wide effects, but im not sure if i want to implement them yet.
I think the current production of Supplies and Fuel is mostly enough, though maybe il think about a compartment that can convert some items in to their processed variants in the future.
My Mods

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arkships V0.5
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2022, 05:48:24 AM »

Update V0.5 Changelog
-> Arkships can now Warp towards Active Gates and take the player along with them. The option appears when you dock at the Arkship, aslong as you activated the gates.
--> Warping like this costs 40% more credits than the usual Arkship call, with the benefit being mobility for the player.

-> Compartment settings now only show the relevant dialogue option (i.e only shows the activate option if the compartment is currently deactivated)
-> Arkships now play a short sound when warping in.

My Mods

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2022, 12:46:32 AM »

Sir, I want to translate this mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org), can you allow?

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 03:44:19 AM »

Sir, I want to translate this mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org), can you allow?

I dont have an issue with it. Just make sure to credit me on the mods page and provide a link to this Forum Page of the mod.
Though im still frequently updating it currently, so you may wanna wait a few days until im more done with the mods content.
My Mods

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arkships V0.6
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 06:41:32 AM »

Update V0.6 Changelog
Due to some changes, the game will likely crash if you upgrade from an old save and open the Fuel Siphon/Supplies Inventory.
To fix this, you can simply deactivate and reactivate the two Compartments.

-> The Arkship now leaves some Thruster Trails behind when moving.
-> Siphon/Assembly Maintenance cost is reduced, but taking the materials out now requires you to pay for them like with Colony Stockpiles.
-> Newly generated Arkships now have the Spaceport Industry on them, so that it counts as a "dock" for specific Hullmods. (Wont effect saves with already generated Arkships)
-> Fixed an issue where Monthly Costs didnt apply if you didnt interact with the Arkship in a month.
-> Fixed a small issue where a value used the letter "l" instead of the number "1" (Thank Starsector for somehow not crashing from this)

My Mods

Vanargand

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Arkships V0.6
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2022, 10:59:58 PM »

I found an odd interaction with the derelict arkship. I added it via the cheat code through console commands since I added the mod mid-save. After defeating the guards, it popped up this screen:

Doing the salvage would pop up a message that says it found nothing of interest, then delete the arkship. There's no skill on my bar to call the arkship or anything, it's just gone.

If I choose to ignore the salvage, it'll just start up another encounter with the guards once I interact with the arkship again.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 11:01:44 PM by Vanargand »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5