Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aurora C# 2.0!  (Read 993 times)

db48x

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Aurora C# 2.0!
« on: August 06, 2022, 02:31:05 PM »

Anyone else play Aurora? 2.0 was just released this morning, featuring elliptical orbits for the first time. I just started a new game of Starsector last night, and now I am torn…

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13018.0

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora C# 2.0!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 07:51:28 AM »

Checked it out some years ago because reddit seemed to seriously enjoy it. Looking at Youtube videos to get a sense of how to play it. Probably the most daunting 4X out there, and also one of the uglier ones. Still, it has its own charm. Kinda like having a forum for a game website.

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 02:20:28 PM »

It's a game I've kept an eye on for some time, but I've never really played it aside from clicking through the initial menus.

Definitely something I'd consider, but the learning curve looks steep. Do you know of any good entry points into the game?

db48x

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 03:23:43 PM »

Definitely something I'd consider, but the learning curve looks steep. Do you know of any good entry points into the game?

I think things clicked for me after I read a tutorial somewhere. It used the SM tools to set up random alien ruins on Mars before starting the game, which gave it a hook that was a fun for a tutorial. You would want to find something written for the new version though, even if I had a bookmark, because the game was completely rewritten in C# and the author redid many things.