Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Officer level (found from salvage)  (Read 920 times)

ihugyourmom

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Officer level (found from salvage)
« on: July 31, 2022, 01:39:08 PM »

Hey

Are the officer levels locked to your skill as to maximum level?

I seem to only find lvl 5's untill i skill up, and then i get 1-2 lvl 7 with 2 elite skills. I realise it could be random, but i rather like to know if i should prioritize officer skills if i aim to find those tasty lvl7's

Regards.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Officer level (found from salvage)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 05:43:17 PM »

Officer levels aren't affected by the player's level, except for having the Officer Training skill to get them to level 6.

The level 7 officers are rare exploration finds; I think there are four of them per sector.

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 07:53:52 PM »

The cryopod officers are generated when the game is created, so they're already in place by the time the game begins, just waiting to be found. In fact you can search through the save file for them from the start. So no, they don't depend on your skills or level at all.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 07:57:16 PM »

Correction - less than full 4 can generate at first. When that happens, the remaining ones are found in random floating wrecks, including non-permanent post-battle ones.

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 08:50:46 PM »

Correction - less than full 4 can generate at first. When that happens, the remaining ones are found in random floating wrecks, including non-permanent post-battle ones.

Oh that's interesting (and was in the 0.95.1a release notes for November 05, 2021), I guess I never bothered to think of what happened if fewer than the 4 were to spawn. Looking at my current save, there were 3 level 7 officers and 17 level 5 officers in cryopods at the beginning of the save, so...I guess there's one more somewhere out there that'll get generated at some point, which I don't think I've ever seen after any battles. Oh well.

ihugyourmom

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2022, 06:12:53 AM »

Thanks for the replies

Guess i was just lucky in my playthroughs, and unlucky in this one then.

Though my tactic is different in this one, less exploration.. which would make sense that i havent found any/as many as i normally do.

ty.