Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Allow to zoom out more depends on sensor range  (Read 725 times)

narf03

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Allow to zoom out more depends on sensor range
« on: July 28, 2022, 09:51:47 AM »

I have some capital ships with high resolution sensor, i able to detect the enemy in the radar, but im not able to mouse over on it even with right click(pan the map a bit), can see more on the left and right, but not as much on top and bottom, perhaps allow the zoom scale accordingly, when sensor range increase, max zoom or pan range out also increase.

Cegorach

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Allow to zoom out more depends on sensor range
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 02:14:50 PM »

Since the forum has no upvote option I'd just like to say that I second this motion.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 11:01:18 AM »

This is a really good option. It would also make the game feel claustrophobic when your sensors are low which would contribute to the effect of feeling like you are in a submarine.

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 06:42:15 PM »

+1.

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 10:02:01 AM »

This is a really good option. It would also make the game feel claustrophobic when your sensors are low which would contribute to the effect of feeling like you are in a submarine.

That would be interesting. I fear it would be a QoL request all the time though to allow zoom out from new players.

The real issue is that it doesn’t make sense that you can’t see a planet or star until you’re right on it. There are certain stellar phenomena that would be detectable beyond sensor range.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 08:47:03 PM »

Well you can always access the system map. Its not like that wouldn't be there. And there is still a max zoom. Its not like you can zoom out all the way to see the whole system even if you know that the star or planet is there.

narf03

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2022, 04:05:08 AM »

how to check the system map to see what ships in opponent fleet ? i dont want to get into their sensor range.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2022, 04:39:45 AM »

Does this mean when you did an active sensor burst the view would smoothly zoom out, and then back in?   That would be pretty cool.

narf03

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2022, 05:10:07 AM »

sensor burst is different, it supposed to let you know something is there, but increase sensor range should let you know whats that.