Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Intel/Map Features  (Read 466 times)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Intel/Map Features
« on: July 24, 2022, 07:57:15 AM »

Intel Screen - Fleet Log
Would it be possible to automatically remove fleet log entries for objects that have been found/interacted/salvaged?
My log always ends up being borderline unusable with a million arrows going in every direction on the map because I never remeber to check if x, y, z thing was in the log or not and remove stuff.
Something will prompt me to look at the log map, and it will be this and I'll be like "no thank you". (That sector is 100% explored as well.)

Intel Screen - Important
Could any locations given by the Historian be automatically flagged as important please?
I've taken to manually flagging them as the entires get 'lost' otherwise, and they seem like the sort of thing that you'd want to prioritise in any case.

<Tab> Sector Navigation Map
With the addition of the Galatia questline, it might be an idea to have active gates show up on the navigation map in a similar manner to warning beacons.
This would be useful as it would remove the need to swap in and out of the system map view repeatedly to find a gate.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Intel/Map Features
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 09:46:28 AM »

I really just want the equivalent of the captains log mod, but with good UI. With the current setup, there's no way of knowing how 'explored' a system is besides remembering how thoroughly you went through it. Sometimes I want to just pop in to look for potential colonies, or I am in very early game and want to come back later for a big haul, and then I can't remember whether I properly explored the system or not.