Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.97a] ED Shipyards 2.6.6 (2024-03-24)  (Read 168337 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] ED Shipyards 2.5.6 (2022-12-11)
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2022, 10:42:35 PM »

ED Shipyards 2.5.6 Released

Fix for Magic Bounty issue
Prevent Wurg from venting while Maw is firing

Save compatible with anything after 2.4.X
Safe to add mid playthrough

Thanks everyone for the repro cases

gofastskatkat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2023, 11:18:50 PM »

hey, sorry for semi-necro, but Im getting this error/crash on launch

37782 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [edshipyard_wurg_sensor] not found in ship_systems.csv
37925 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ôO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2023, 12:38:03 AM »

37782 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [edshipyard_wurg_sensor] not found in ship_systems.csv
37925 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Fatal: ship_systems.csv is missing systems

What version did you upgrade from?  Did you delete before you copied in the new bits?

gofastskatkat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2023, 09:05:23 AM »

What version did you upgrade from?  Did you delete before you copied in the new bits?

Thought I did a fresh install of everything, but deleted and redownload the mod and no longer have that issue... Weird lol

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] ED Shipyards 2.5.7 (2023-01-29)
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2023, 11:32:39 AM »

Version 2.5.7 Released
  • Fix for java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException on Nurse ship
  • Better Ambusher Swap description
  • Slight tweaks to Wurg burst damage for friendly fire and associated AI
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 09:42:09 AM by Nick XR »

djcian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2023, 05:23:49 PM »

love the unique ships and designs in this mod, and while the giant train freighter is a really cool concept, the ai appears to completely ignore it, crash into it, and explode almost instantly.  so any battle involving it results in about a quarter of my fleet suiciding into it. 

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2023, 06:20:11 PM »

love the unique ships and designs in this mod, and while the giant train freighter is a really cool concept, the ai appears to completely ignore it, crash into it, and explode almost instantly.  so any battle involving it results in about a quarter of my fleet suiciding into it.

Yeah, it has problems to say the least, I've tried a few things to attempt to fix it without any luck.  It does OK in player hands if you know how to avoid friendlies (it does pretty well a doing a "Thunder Run" through enemy lines).  Even if I fix the AI collision issue the AI for getting into anything like a good firing position is not great.

Dinvan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2023, 04:08:13 PM »

Just wanted to say thank you for the amazing mod, but would like to request that the Wurgandal and Chupacabra  be made tankier. Right now they dont stand up to other ships in the same class from other mods and I love those two ships :p lol wish they had more tank/flux. Perhaps also a targeting supercomputer for the wurgandal.

Once again thanks for the amazing mod.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 09:01:22 PM by Dinvan »

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2023, 10:16:57 AM »

One of the best ship mods I've ever played with. The ships are so fun and their design is beautiful. I just wish there were more weapons but the mod is still great!

Edit: some ED shipyard weapons need some buff imo.

Like for example the mega shield breaker. I wish the ammo limit is dropped because it significantly drop its dps. Considering its range it should be a killer weapon.

Next the light scatter cannon. The idea is nice but the dmg is too low. It takes a long time to kill anything. Even when installed in mass on the bullmastiff, torpedoes and missiles are landing almost unscathed.

Heavy grapeshot cannon also needs a slight buff. Considering its damage scatter over an area, it takes a long time to eat through armor. It's good as a fighter repellent though

Even as a fighter screen it isn't good due to its low damage. I think it needs a buff in dmg
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 06:51:34 AM by Warnoise »

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2023, 06:45:02 PM »

I'm glad this is still being worked on. It's always been a weird ship pack that doesn't fit anywhere, yet has some of the most ambitious and weird ideas; I love it.

My only wish is that the Newfoundland functioned better in combat. I'd love for it to twist like a snake instead of like a stick bending slightly. Perhaps if the compartments could be spaced further apart and 'bump' forward and back a little. It just feels too rigid, making it a bit unpleasant. Changing full steam ahead to forcing you to max speed, while providing every compartment with damage resistance and flux dissipation could be incredibly neat, letting you do drive by's or plow through enemy lines. As it is, it's not a ship I think anyone realistically brings.

The Carolina still sounds gross enough for me to never run it. The sound effect seems like a slightly distorted actual revolver, which is somewhat unpleasant to the ears and stands out compared to every other weapon in Starsector, modded or otherwise. If some alternative could be looked into? Make it a bit sexier?

Edit
I strongly suggest taking Warnoise's suggestions with a bit of salt. The Shield Breaker is extremely broken when combined with many other popular mods. I think expecting anyone to run EdShipyards and nothing else is being silly. Hullmods like Split Chamber and certain ships (Predator X) make obscene use of the shield breaker weapons, especially any ship that has the speed to cycle engage. I'd say they're outright OP, but only when combined with other mods.

Which is sort of my experience with ED Shipyards. Maybe the weapons are all perfectly balanced with Vanilla, but with my 40+ mods, Ed Shipyard weapons consistently seem capable of being abused over any other modded arsenal. I would strongly be wary of making Shield Breaker weapons even better than they are.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 07:58:41 PM by HopeFall »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2023, 09:40:29 AM »

I'm glad this is still being worked on. It's always been a weird ship pack that doesn't fit anywhere, yet has some of the most ambitious and weird ideas; I love it.
Thanks!  The primary goal with the ships is to be fun and different from the usual. 

My only wish is that the Newfoundland functioned better in combat. I'd love for it to twist like a snake instead of like a stick bending slightly. Perhaps if the compartments could be spaced further apart and 'bump' forward and back a little. It just feels too rigid, making it a bit unpleasant. Changing full steam ahead to forcing you to max speed, while providing every compartment with damage resistance and flux dissipation could be incredibly neat, letting you do drive by's or plow through enemy lines. As it is, it's not a ship I think anyone realistically brings.
The Newfoundland has real AI issues that I haven't been able to resolve despite numerous attempts. It does well in player hands especially if you can cover it in SMods (but then again, what ship doesn't).

The Carolina still sounds gross enough for me to never run it. The sound effect seems like a slightly distorted actual revolver, which is somewhat unpleasant to the ears and stands out compared to every other weapon in Starsector, modded or otherwise. If some alternative could be looked into? Make it a bit sexier?
Interesting.  I'll take a look at it.

Edit
I strongly suggest taking Warnoise's suggestions with a bit of salt. The Shield Breaker is extremely broken when combined with many other popular mods. I think expecting anyone to run EdShipyards and nothing else is being silly. Hullmods like Split Chamber and certain ships (Predator X) make obscene use of the shield breaker weapons, especially any ship that has the speed to cycle engage. I'd say they're outright OP, but only when combined with other mods.

Which is sort of my experience with ED Shipyards. Maybe the weapons are all perfectly balanced with Vanilla, but with my 40+ mods, Ed Shipyard weapons consistently seem capable of being abused over any other modded arsenal. I would strongly be wary of making Shield Breaker weapons even better than they are.

Consistently, across many mods, the most OP stuff that people still try to pass off as not OP are hullmods that can be installed on any ship.  Mod authors can't balance for stuff that makes no attempt to be balanced with Vanilla. (I think the OP stuff is fun however!!)

That said, with the shield breaker's low range and inability to do focused damage to a specific point on a ship that makes it at best a suicide pact weapon in a real, dangerous fleet battle.  Lots of weapons look interesting or OP in the simulator vs a lone Onslaught, but weapon and ship utility when squaring off against multiple ordos is the real litmus test.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 10:31:11 PM by Nick XR »

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2023, 02:20:10 PM »

Next the light scatter cannon. The idea is nice but the dmg is too low. It takes a long time to kill anything. Even when installed in mass on the bullmastiff, torpedoes and missiles are landing almost unscathed.
It performs above average for the OP as a small PD I'd say, has good range for PD plus it is not single target PD as far as I can remember, AOE + chance to chain to next target if I am not mistaken. I really like the light scatter cannon. So, I strongly disagree with buffing it, imo it is more than fine the way it is, inb4 nerf :D...

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2023, 02:55:35 PM »

I think that's fair. It depends. I certainly don't normally equip say, a Capital with shield breaker weapons. But in the hands of a player of a pack of frigates? Shield Breaker weapons are amazing. They let frigs overload capitals/cruisers/destroyers with incredible ease. It's disgustingly amazing.

I'm 100% behind self balance. You can choose not to use a weapon, and OP stuff is, indeed, incredibly fun. My remark was simply being careful of buffing something I already view as extremely OP with the right tactics/hands.

Reminds me of Fighter Clamps. I think it's a completely garbage mod that I never use despite desperately wanting all fighter fleets. I wish it had an S-Mod bonus or something to make it worth picking up because no ability to make new fighters is god awful.

...And yet, apparently, some people have used it with the right builds to make it an incredibly broken mod. Certainly not for my casual use. I think Shield Breaker fits into it, with the right ship/combo/amount of ships it's stupid good. Kinda like saturation/long distance missiles. You just need the right fleet to see how absolutely amazingly broken it is, and I love it.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2023, 05:56:48 PM »

It performs above average for the OP as a small PD I'd say, has good range for PD plus it is not single target PD as far as I can remember, AOE + chance to chain to next target if I am not mistaken. I really like the light scatter cannon. So, I strongly disagree with buffing it, imo it is more than fine the way it is, inb4 nerf :D...

It absolutely needs point defense hullmod to be good. Otherwise it is best used as hull breaker rather than pd.

Edit

"the weapon when combined with a CERTAIN modded hullmod on a CERTAIN modded ship becomes broken so it's balanced!1!1!1"

What kind of logic is this lol

I played a playthrough using only ED ships while playing around with ED weapons. I don't know what broken mods you playing with so if you gonna speak balance compare the weapon to its vanilla counterparts rather than other op mods or some crap. What you saying applies to almost every weapon in the game (op or not) so let's not open that can of worms.

That being said, the shieldbrealer is a 450 range weapon that needs 20 op. I tried it with extended magazine because otherwise the ammo runs out way too quickly. So count around 30 op on a capital to use this weapon. I tried it on the bullmastiff because it has the means to get close pretty quickly. You not only have to be literally at point blank range to do full damage with it, you also have to hit a capital ship or something to do full damage because the scatter is so huge that most of the bullets don't hit the target. Its performance was extremely lackluster in a late game battle against remnants.

In the end I ditched that weapon and went for storm needler instead. In close quarters I need a weapon that put constant pressure on the shield to not let the target shield tank missiles and armor shred weapon, not a weapon that runs out of ammo in the middle of the engagement while being right close to the enemy.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 06:09:37 PM by Warnoise »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2023, 10:29:36 PM »

That being said, the shieldbrealer is a 450 range weapon that needs 20 op. I tried it with extended magazine because otherwise the ammo runs out way too quickly. So count around 30 op on a capital to use this weapon. I tried it on the bullmastiff because it has the means to get close pretty quickly. You not only have to be literally at point blank range to do full damage with it, you also have to hit a capital ship or something to do full damage because the scatter is so huge that most of the bullets don't hit the target. Its performance was extremely lackluster in a late game battle against remnants.

Worth noting is the Shield Breaker weapons do significantly more damage as the targets flux gets higher, almost 2x when the target is near max. 

I'll look into giving it a bit more ammo and increasing the extra flux based damage ramp rate, but generally I like how the weapon feels wonky.  There are plenty of reasonable, predictable, and more generalizable weapons in the game than the SB ones, so I'm fine with having an odd-duck that plays a bit differently, even if it's sub optimal most of the time.

Also I super appreciate all of the feedback!  I read it all and consider it all.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12