Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.97a] ED Shipyards 2.6.5 (2024-02-05)  (Read 159183 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.97a] ED Shipyards 2.6.5 (2024-02-05)
« on: July 24, 2022, 12:07:41 AM »

REQUIRES ALL THE LIBS

(Requires LazyLib )
(Requires GraphicsLib )
(Requires MagicLib )

This mod adds high tech ships and weapons to Independents (and pirates) as well as a few unique bounties. There is no real theme behind them other than the naming convention, color scheme and a goal of fun ships that play a bit differently than what is already offered.

Ships
Spoiler

[close]

Secret Bounty Ships
Spoiler

[close]

Wurgandal
Spoiler

Be level  13 or higher
Have a powerful fleet
Go to a bar on an independent planet (size 4 or larger, like Nova Maxios)
Check the bounty board for a mission
[close]

Where to buy ED Ships:
  • Independent Market
  • Size 5 or larger
  • Heavy Industry or Orbital Works
Such as Nova Maxios or Prism Freeport (Nexerlin)

Eccentric Designs (ED) Lore
Spoiler
Eccentric Designs (ED) Shipyards is a private independent aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company. It was founded after the collapse of the Domain's rule by Eron Dust, an eccentric celebrity innovator with the goal of developing new spaceship technologies. Despite having dealings with Tri-Tachyon and the Persean League Eron Dust operates his business only in Independent worlds where most of the unique ED Shipyard designs can be found.

While the company is suspected of using artificial intelligence technology no illegal activity was ever discovered by Hegemony inspections.
[close]

Changelog
Spoiler
Version 2.6.5
  • Update to SS .97a
  • New Super Ship start for Nexerlin
  • Minor bug fixes

Version 2.6.4
  • Much less likely two newfoundlands will collide
  • Wurg has better AI targeting of ships with modules that report as phase ships
  • Shield breaker (shotgun) sounds redone to better fit with Star Sector, weapon volume lowered
  • Added a new distress encounter

Version 2.6.3
  • Wurgandal buffs: 10% more hull, ~8% more flux dissipation, no zero flux speed penalty, lowered supply usage
  • Newfoundland a bit smarter at activating its anti-missile system

Version 2.6.2
  • New bounty given out by pirates
  • Prism Freeport again has an ED Submarket
  • Newfoundland (the train) now gently pushes away friendly ships it would collide with.  This helps a LOT with collisions.
  • Reduced pirate ship spawn frequency weighting

Version 2.6.1
  • Repair drones now report to Detailed Combat Results their repair data

Version 2.6.0
  • Starsector .96a Upgrade
  • Supports LunaLib
  • Can enable/disable transport & defense fleets
  • Repair drones display damage healed during combat
  • Minor tweaks and cleanup

[close]

I Nick XR didn't create this mod, Ed did and he did at least 99% of the total work that has been done on this mod.  Maybe more.  All the credit should be his.

Source/Git Repo:  https://bitbucket.org/NickWWest/edshipyard/

Some Systems and Hullmods were heavily based on source of other modders like Dark.Revenant, Sundog and Tartiflette and Nia Tahl
And a great thanks to Alex who is always there to help! And special thanks to WASP103 for his contributions

Original Post:  https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16479.0
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 10:21:32 PM by Nick XR »

Meelock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] ED Shipyard 2.5.0 (2022-07-22)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 02:07:47 AM »

Deleted.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 02:17:07 AM by Meelock »

Chryvrius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 06:29:04 PM »

Sweet! Glad to see this getting adopted. Are future plans just maintenance and balance, or do you intend on introducing new ships into the fray?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 08:30:29 PM by Chryvrius »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 05:00:49 PM »

Are future plans just maintenance and balance, or do you intend on introducing new ships into the fray?

No new ships for the faction, ED feels fully fleshed out, Ed did an incredible job.

Plans:
Balancing (player feedback greatly appreciated)
Special bounty ships
Bug fixing

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 07:58:09 PM »

Wait...oh....did someone decide to adopt and update this mod? Nice!

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 12:54:36 PM »

Regarding balancing, I think capital civilian ships Dalmatian and Bernard should be more efficient, because both Atlas and Prometheus was made more fuel efficient in 095 patch (6 fuel usage instead of 10, so they are use 40% less fuel), I'd suggest to reduce fuel usage by 40% too for these ships in order to reflect these changes, and make these ships viable option. Especially Bernard need this, using four ships, 2 Prometheuses and 2 Ox Tugs will be almost twice as more fuel efficient option.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2022, 07:40:26 PM »

Regarding balancing, I think capital civilian ships Dalmatian and Bernard should be more efficient, because both Atlas and Prometheus was made more fuel efficient in 095 patch (6 fuel usage instead of 10, so they are use 40% less fuel), I'd suggest to reduce fuel usage by 40% too for these ships in order to reflect these changes, and make these ships viable option. Especially Bernard need this, using four ships, 2 Prometheuses and 2 Ox Tugs will be almost twice as more fuel efficient option.

Excellent feedback, I'll make a note to review this for the next release.
Thank you!

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 04:32:19 PM »

Well, but just one Bernard is needed and it had like 10k or so fuel capacity in v2.41 with already inbuilt fuel tanks... One slot usage >> 4 slots. Endgame economic aspects are not that important, so...
Prometheus has like what, 3k without additional fuel tanks?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 04:34:27 PM by Dadada »

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2022, 10:48:53 PM »

Well, but just one Bernard is needed and it had like 10k or so fuel capacity in v2.41 with already inbuilt fuel tanks... One slot usage >> 4 slots. Endgame economic aspects are not that important, so...
Prometheus has like what, 3k without additional fuel tanks?

I compared stats, one Bernand with fuel capacity and burn acceleration, is literally almost ~2 Prometheuses and 2 Ox Tugs, but logistically almost twice as unefficient, so its like having 7 or 6 ships instead. Yeah its uses one slot instead of four but still, this is minor thing, especially if you don't run super big fleet or simply adjusted max fleet size from 30 to something bigger, just my suggestion to make this ship viable as option, and same with Phase Freighter (Dalmatian), they was expensive logistically in 091 and in 095 they was even less viable due to buffs for both Atlas and Prometheus. As endgame fuel and cargo solution I usually prefer Dreadnought Freighter and Tanker from Blue mod, they somewhat capable in battle, not horrible logistically and have huge capacity, so if you play with mods, you have alternatives for something which is better that both Atlas or Prometheus.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2022, 10:31:53 AM »

Yeah, Blue/XLU were my endgame logistics before I tried ED Shipyard, but with a low ship cap of 30-40 the slots are far more important than the logistics profile, Imo at least. Yeah, sure, it also depends on the setup, wolf pack tactics needs more ship slots than capital/cruiser spam. Cherry from United Aurora Federation has like 40k storage capacity... But less crew compartments than Newfoundland from ED.

In short: I think the Bernard is fine the way it is, why should such a super Tanker with 2 integrated OX be viable earlier? Reducing the supply/fuel/crew requirements would make a bunch of "smaller" tankers kinda obsolete, at least far earlier in the game than necessary since I classify the Bernard as an endgame logistics ship by being slot efficient. I don't remember the stats but I think the XLU Super/Dreadnought tanker has more fuel capacity? But it lacks the 2 integrated OX, so...

Well, at least the XLU logistics giants can fight (yeah, Newfoundland can too, Bernard has like 6 or so small slots spread over the ship so it can't Imo). :D But I'd rather not let my logistics ships fight, although the setup and philosophy of my fleet depends on my mood and the restrictions I set for the run.

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2022, 07:59:33 AM »

hi, can i play Ed Shipyard as an faction, or "just" buying their ships?

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2022, 08:04:08 AM »

It adds a submarket to some Indie colonies and fleets. It's literally the first sentence you read on the download post.
So no, it doesn't add a faction to your game.

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2022, 01:27:11 AM »

If I play this with starpocalypse, am I condemning myself to never being able to get some of the capital ships? Starpocalypse removes all capitals from the markets by default, which I'm happy with. But are blueprints discoverable for the ships in this mod?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 02:02:28 AM »

...blueprints discoverable for the ships in this mod?
Afaik yes.

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2022, 02:39:21 AM »

Afaik yes.

Makes sense. What threw me was the "How to get Wurgandal" section. But, come to think of it, its presence implies that for other ships, the usual methods are all available. Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12