Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.97a] ED Shipyards 2.6.6 (2024-03-24)  (Read 169474 times)

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] ED Shipyards 2.5.7 (2023-01-29)
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2023, 11:56:34 PM »

"the weapon when combined with a CERTAIN modded hullmod on a CERTAIN modded ship becomes broken so it's balanced!1!1!1"

What kind of logic is this lol

I guarantee the amount of people running solely ED Shipyards can be counted on maybe a hand or two. Nex ended up breaching an outrageous amount of page views recently (for which it was congratulated). The discussion pages of several mods have ridiculous amounts of the total forum pop in them. Mods are expected to interact with each other and consider each other, as is the case in Skyrim. Rimworld. Kenshi. And here, amongst every other modding sphere.

If you'd like, I could run some sims and go Remnant hunting and put together a Youtube vid of some vanilla ships with Shield Breaker kits if you're truly unaware of how strong they can be en masse. But you're acting like it's an utter shock that there's any mod interaction.  :o
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 11:58:41 PM by HopeFall »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2023, 12:02:59 AM »

If you'd like, I could run some sims and go Remnant hunting and put together a Youtube vid of some vanilla ships with Shield Breaker kits if you're truly unaware of how strong they can be en masse.

Not gonna lie, I'm super interested in the shield breaker wolf pack. 

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2023, 12:36:37 AM »

Next the light scatter cannon. The idea is nice but the dmg is too low. It takes a long time to kill anything. Even when installed in mass on the bullmastiff, torpedoes and missiles are landing almost unscathed.
It performs above average for the OP as a small PD I'd say, has good range for PD plus it is not single target PD as far as I can remember, AOE + chance to chain to next target if I am not mistaken. I really like the light scatter cannon. So, I strongly disagree with buffing it, imo it is more than fine the way it is, inb4 nerf :D...
It absolutely needs point defense hullmod to be good. Otherwise it is best used as hull breaker rather than pd.

It does not afaik; According to my experience it performs better than the vulcan for the same OP of 4, 500 frag dps vs 300 frag dps but 250 range vs 550; there is also the chain hit mechanic. Numbers from memory.

AshGorechild

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2023, 07:27:01 PM »

The Wurgandal isn't showing up anywhere. I have 100 Rep with Independents and I'm at a higher level than 13, I might be around 17 or so. (I have a uncapper for levels) Any help? I've checked all over bounty boards and bars in the Independent stations and planets.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2023, 10:01:35 PM »

The Wurgandal isn't showing up anywhere. I have 100 Rep with Independents and I'm at a higher level than 13, I might be around 17 or so. (I have a uncapper for levels) Any help? I've checked all over bounty boards and bars in the Independent stations and planets.

Make sure your fleet is powerful-ish (probably is).  Go to Nova Maxios and just check there every 20 days or so.

AshGorechild

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2023, 09:29:49 AM »

Make sure your fleet is powerful-ish (probably is).  Go to Nova Maxios and just check there every 20 days or so.

How do I know if my fleet is strong enough? Is it an integer or something?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2023, 03:50:26 PM »

No idea actually :/ 
Have at least 5 capitals in it.  It's a check to ensure you can't take the mission to kill a really hard fleet with a few frigates.

EvelynLewis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2023, 03:04:05 AM »

The shield-breaker wolf pack really piques my interest.

AshGorechild

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2023, 11:28:18 AM »

No idea actually :/ 
Have at least 5 capitals in it.  It's a check to ensure you can't take the mission to kill a really hard fleet with a few frigates.

Having a Paragon, Onslaught, Pelican, Heron, and a midline carrier as my main ships seemed to be what I needed. Can you give me any tips to help me bring down such a massive fleet of such strong ships?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2023, 02:29:54 PM »

Having a Paragon, Onslaught, Pelican, Heron, and a midline carrier as my main ships seemed to be what I needed. Can you give me any tips to help me bring down such a massive fleet of such strong ships?

It's supposed to be an end-game challenge, so have an end-game caliber fleet!

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2023, 04:18:59 PM »

Next the light scatter cannon. The idea is nice but the dmg is too low. It takes a long time to kill anything. Even when installed in mass on the bullmastiff, torpedoes and missiles are landing almost unscathed.
It performs above average for the OP as a small PD I'd say, has good range for PD plus it is not single target PD as far as I can remember, AOE + chance to chain to next target if I am not mistaken. I really like the light scatter cannon. So, I strongly disagree with buffing it, imo it is more than fine the way it is, inb4 nerf :D...
It absolutely needs point defense hullmod to be good. Otherwise it is best used as hull breaker rather than pd.

It does not afaik; According to my experience it performs better than the vulcan for the same OP of 4, 500 frag dps vs 300 frag dps but 250 range vs 550; there is also the chain hit mechanic. Numbers from memory.

You missed a very crucial point: one is scatter damage and the other is concentrated damage.

AshGorechild

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2023, 11:37:47 PM »

Well, any ship recommendations, in that case? I have the Riptide and it's cutting through Remnants with ease, but I'm still concerned.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2023, 10:53:03 PM »

Well, any ship recommendations, in that case? I have the Riptide and it's cutting through Remnants with ease, but I'm still concerned.

I could give you good advice, along with others, but I really believe that would take some of the fun out of the game.   If you're really worried, make a save before you have a go at it and see how you do.

drinkmyvomit69

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2023, 05:33:10 AM »

Bought the ED Shipyard addon with Udanna Station while playing as the Iron Shell and it's grayed out and says unable to be used Defunct cause of hostile takeover. Spend a million dollars to have the blueprints in the game. Just wondering if I'm missing something.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2023, 10:04:47 AM »

Bought the ED Shipyard addon with Udanna Station while playing as the Iron Shell and it's grayed out and says unable to be used Defunct cause of hostile takeover. Spend a million dollars to have the blueprints in the game. Just wondering if I'm missing something.

Looking at the code for it to be active it requires that the colony is either independent owned OR player owned. 
Who is the owner of the colony currently?  Were they they owner when you bought the market?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12