Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Need an easier method to select ships for battle  (Read 552 times)

narf03

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Need an easier method to select ships for battle
« on: July 20, 2022, 06:14:11 AM »

I know u can select all and deselect some ships, but it would be easier if we can like hold the control/shift button, draw a box to select all ships within the box. I changed the maximum fleet size to 50, and its a bit slow to click 1 by 1 to select half of them.

Thanks.

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Need an easier method to select ships for battle
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 08:07:20 AM »

You can make numbered groups. Go into a sim and deploy a group of ships, select them and then hit ctrl+1. Next time you go in to a battle you can just hit 1 on your keyboard when choosing which ships to deploy.
TL;DR deez nuts

narf03

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 11:26:39 AM »

You can make numbered groups. Go into a sim and deploy a group of ships, select them and then hit ctrl+1. Next time you go in to a battle you can just hit 1 on your keyboard when choosing which ships to deploy.

but thats not what i want

ie i have ~40 frigates, depends on enemy's strength, i sometimes send half of them, sometimes slightly more, sometimes slightly less, sometimes even just 3-4, to cut down expenses.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 11:37:34 AM »

I'm not sure if "I went outside the predetermined limits and encountered issues those limits were meant to prevent" is going to get Alex's attention.

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 01:52:01 PM »

but thats not what i want

ie i have ~40 frigates, depends on enemy's strength, i sometimes send half of them, sometimes slightly more, sometimes slightly less, sometimes even just 3-4, to cut down expenses.
You don't have to put them all in the same group. If you have 40 frigates you could make four groups of 9 and one group of 4 and just select which group(s) to send based on the situation.
TL;DR deez nuts

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 03:57:38 AM »

tf that sounds amazing how have i never heard of this before?