Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: New Starting Scenario  (Read 1375 times)

Sevgenko44

• Ensign
    • View Profile
New Starting Scenario
« on: July 19, 2022, 07:14:18 AM »

Hello, I'm Sev
I'm not used to posting on the forums, but I've found out this idea I got has interested a couple of people and might be cool if taken into consideration.
Specifically: a new scenario.

Premise:
Are you tired of lousy factions always pestering you everywhere you go? Did you ever wish for their dissapearance? What if that wish became reality?

Backstory:
Spoiler
You're a millionare captain of a single ship, the Apogee.
You and your crew are investigating the abyss, when you decide to setup a communication beacon to relay your return in the core worlds.
After constructing the beacon you're only met with static and a single working trasmission...
[close]

How to setup/How to play:
Spoiler

• Install Nexerelin Mod and Console Commands Mod;
  • Create a new character of the highest level, do not allocate skill points or modify stock settings, no extra officers;
  • Find and select a starting fleet with an Apogee, don't worry about other ships;
  • Spawn in and prepare to type for 30 minutes (depending on installed mods);
  • With Console Commands type "OpenMarket [Name]", then when the market interface is open type "DestroyColony";
  • Repeat till everyone is dead;
  • If you know how, remove all faction associated fleets too;
  • Give yourself a minimum of 500k credits or a maximum of a million;
  • Keep the Apogee and destroy the other ships in the fleet;
  • Teleport to the bottom left corner of the map;
  • Save, and make also a copy;
  • Now you should be alone, tired from the typing, with only an Apogee and its crew;
  • Take a break and return to realise the gravity of the situation  ;);
  • Have fun!!!;
I know the process is tidious but that's why I am requesting the help of someone who knows how to code and finds the idea interesting to make it an easier process.  :)
[close]

I apologise for typos.
I don't know how to incorporate a video I decided to make, but here it is:
https://youtu.be/0ZFDsLf4LFU
Credits for the voice actor/Source:
Duskers First Trailer

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: New Starting Scenario
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 07:58:06 AM »

Given that you're using nexerelin it would be easier if you enable random core worlds and set the number of colonies as low as possible before wiping them. Would save you some time.
TL;DR deez nuts

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 08:53:00 AM »

As you know from our talks on discord, I've also been running a save with these parameters in a fairly modded setting and streaming it (on the discord), and it has been super different and interesting.

When I can sometime I will try to make a mini-mod that can decivilize and un-explore a post-generation game (so the core worlds are like exploration content and you don't have to spend up to an hour typing out destroy colony commands haha). I would be super happy to try to help make this easier.

Thank you for coming up with this challenge run, it gave people I was streaming to a good laugh and a good time.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 08:55:12 AM by YuiTheModder »

Gorgonson

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 05:17:36 PM »

Inspired by Sev and Yui, I also gave this challenge a go - and I encourage you to, as well!

Of note, the DestroyColony console command leaves behind a ruined planet which can be scavenged. It's up to you to fight your personal temptation to not immediately loot these troves of treasure and death. You can find some amazing things, but it works against the spirit of the challenge.

Apart from that, it's super fun and really makes you re-evaluate every single ship and weapon you can find (and your crew; your poor crew...)
I accidentally did a hard-mode start, with a regular small combat fleet and only 20k credits - this basically halts your ability to afford colony industries, so I do recommend the full start with a bunch of credits and a nice exploration ship.

- Pete

ForestFighters

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 08:39:31 PM »

I accidentally did a hard-mode start, with a regular small combat fleet and only 20k credits - this basically halts your ability to afford colony industries, so I do recommend the full start with a bunch of credits and a nice exploration ship.

Yeah, not having cash to start up your own colonies would make this run significantly harder, or just straight up impossible if your goal was to beat the [SUPER REDACTED]. Crew, supplies, and fuel would all be (mostly) finite resources, and all the other goodies you collect would be pretty useless. Also, you would have no storage outside of the corvus station. Not having any form of civilization at all pretty much puts a hard limit on how long you can go for.

Sevgenko44

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 02:09:36 AM »

Inspired by Sev and Yui, I also gave this challenge a go - and I encourage you to, as well!

Of note, the DestroyColony console command leaves behind a ruined planet which can be scavenged. It's up to you to fight your personal temptation to not immediately loot these troves of treasure and death. You can find some amazing things, but it works against the spirit of the challenge.

Apart from that, it's super fun and really makes you re-evaluate every single ship and weapon you can find (and your crew; your poor crew...)

- Pete

Given that you're using nexerelin it would be easier if you enable random core worlds and set the number of colonies as low as possible before wiping them. Would save you some time.

It is up to the player to chose how to confront the challenge! I shared the normal settings, everything is accounted for, yes, even the core worlds in both quotes.
You can however spice it up however you see fit, personally, I decided to leave the core worlds and their loot to support the "everybody is gone" theory.
You can't really use the core world loot immidiatly or carry it around innitially.

Spoiler
You can't settle there either because pirates and raiders will have an easier time imposing that fat -3 stability modifier (Pirate Raids) and you don't really have fuel and weapons to find them in the first place :)
Core worlds are there to support the feeling of isolation and increase realisim. It wouldn't be that odd to feel isolated if there was no one to begin with.
[close]

Anyways, I'm glad the challenge is of your liking!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 02:11:12 AM by Sevgenko44 »