Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Toggle hotkey for the alternative controls option  (Read 422 times)

vladokapuh

• Commander
  • Cabbage
    • View Profile
Toggle hotkey for the alternative controls option
« on: July 14, 2022, 07:50:58 AM »

Currently there is option for a hold button, or you need to go into settings to change it, would be neat to have an additional hotkey to toggle the option.
Cabbage

vladokapuh

• Commander
  • Cabbage
    • View Profile
Re: Toggle hotkey for the alternative controls option
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 02:45:03 AM »

bump
i would still really want option to toggle hotkey for control type, rather than just hold button
Cabbage

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 02:47:29 AM »

I honestly don't know why that isn't the default state. Moving around, while switching weapons and managing shields ALONG with holding shift is ridiculous. So much that the few times I've had to switch back and forth, I just went to the menu and changed the behaviour. Note that I'm also left handed so yeah.
Please don't take me too seriously.

vladokapuh

• Commander
  • Cabbage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 02:54:04 AM »

i use different controls for different ships, and i find it not feeling good having to go to menus every time i use a other ship
the holding thing just doesnt do it for me at all
Cabbage

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 05:20:31 AM »

shield/phase/system controls should be toggles too tbh
as in, toggles independent of ship condition
i'm sure every player here has eaten a reaper or two more than once because the shield failed to turn on after venting, because you pressed the button 0.000000000000001s too early

make shield/phase/system ui-level toggles
as in, if you turn shield on it should stay on for every moment it can stay on, regardless of interruptions. you're the captain, not some japanese schoolboy in the pilot's seat. you say "keep shields up, whatever it takes!" and it's the engineer's job to pull all the levers to make it happen, not your problem

and while at it, there should be some ui indicator for the shield being on/off, or better yet, actually draw the shield arc around the armor thingy for the ship
with big ships it's often takes several seconds before there is any visual indication that the shield is active

and yes, i know, there is a mod that does that
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 05:24:59 AM by passwalker »
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

vladokapuh

• Commander
  • Cabbage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022, 06:00:27 AM »

hah, i have hardcore version of that with my worn mouse buttons double clicking a lot :P
Cabbage