Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: More high tech fleet bounties  (Read 951 times)

Tadas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
More high tech fleet bounties
« on: July 13, 2022, 12:13:11 AM »

Is there a way to increase high tech bounties as in fleets with auroras and paragons? They are incredibly rare in my game.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: More high tech fleet bounties
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 12:15:34 AM »

They are supposed to be incredibly rare.

If you want to steal some what is supposed to happen is you fight Tri-Tachion (for example by getting a comission with hegemony or luddic church).

Tadas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 12:24:52 AM »

I see, thanks! Does church or some other contacts have increased chance of giving that type of bounty? Do com-sniffers help?

smithney

• Captain
  • Internetian pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 12:41:56 AM »

I see, thanks! Does church or some other contacts have increased chance of giving that type of bounty? Do com-sniffers help?
Tri-Tach military contacts have a higher chance of high-tech bounties, since, you know, their deserters use hi-tech hulls. CGR, Heggies and PL, on the other hand, start hostilities with Tri-Tach every now and then, which gives you a free pass on ganking Tri-Tach fleets at the cost of losing a flat sum of 20 reputation at the end of those hostilities, assuming you are commissioned by either of those factions.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 12:43:52 AM by smithney »

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 02:11:36 AM »

Heggies
I don't know why but that one word made me almost burst out laughing.

Tadas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 04:40:19 AM »

Tri-Tach military contacts have a higher chance of high-tech bounties, since, you know, their deserters use hi-tech hulls. CGR, Heggies and PL, on the other hand, start hostilities with Tri-Tach every now and then, which gives you a free pass on ganking Tri-Tach fleets at the cost of losing a flat sum of 20 reputation at the end of those hostilities, assuming you are commissioned by either of those factions.

Nice, thank you. I mostly want them for variety/novelty reasons.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 05:51:49 AM »

Assuming you can build Auroras, Paragons, and other high-tech ships, one way to fight them in enemy fleets is to prioritize the ships for your patrols, then check for military bounties at the bars of your colonies to fight deserters from your faction.

This is the only way to fight against Legion XIVs in enemy fleets in the campaign.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 05:56:20 AM »

This is the only way to fight against Legion XIVs in enemy fleets in the campaign.

Can't you get the blueprint from the historian and sell it to pirates like usual?

Tadas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 06:14:20 AM »

I thought Legion XIV didn't have a blueprint..

Just checked wiki, there is a blueprint! Interesting mechanic btw. Your own deserters I mean.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:22:10 AM by Tadas »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2022, 07:13:35 AM »

Can't you get the blueprint from the historian and sell it to pirates like usual?
I guess so, if player wants to fight pirates with better ships.  I do not know if historian can offer that blueprint again until player learns it.

Same with high-tech blueprints.  Sell them to pirates.

Raiding for blueprints is tedious enough.  I do not want to raid for each blueprint twice, one for me and one for pirates, not to mention I want pirates as easy as possible when they become an annoyance when defending worlds from their raids.

I thought Legion XIV didn't have a blueprint..
Visit historian at the bar.  It can be one of the blueprint choices he offers.  It is the only way to get it.  Legion XIV might need two donations to unlock.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 07:15:17 AM by Megas »

Tadas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 08:04:09 AM »

What are Historian mechanics? Wiki does not have a page on it.. I saw reddit post that price doubles is that true? Is there a price  limit? Is the item lost if you don't get it immediately?

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 08:26:41 AM »

Items and blueprints from historian don't exist unless you accept the deal, so in a sense they are "lost" (or, rather, never spawned) if you decline. But since there's no practical time limit in the game, you will eventually be offered another identical item if you keep visiting.

Some items are locked behind restrictions and donation tiers. To get colony items and legion blueprints, you need to have donated both 20k and 50k, and have most common blueprints known.

Prices on colony items double with each purchase, with no limit. I don't think they do for blueprints, but I never bought one.  ::)

Tadas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2022, 08:38:17 AM »

Cool, thank you.

For original question - putting comm sniffer in Hybrasil solved my issue, now I am getting a fair amount of high tech bounties. Probably my pathing previously just didn't cross the system.