Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stations keep exploding when entering combat?  (Read 331 times)

ShogunTrooper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Stations keep exploding when entering combat?
« on: February 21, 2023, 01:18:17 AM »

After picking up the game again after putting it down for a few months, I've run into an issue recently where, whenever I enter station combat, and only station combat, the station, all enemy ships, and most, if not all of my own fleet, just...blows up for no apparent reason, all at the same time. It sets out normally, but a few moments in, as soon as the fog of war clears over the station itself, it goes *boom*, and my tactical map is full of white circles where my ships should be.

Normal fleet combat, on the other hand, still works perfectly fine without any hiccups, it only happens with stations.

I mean, I am running quite alot of Mods, so there is a fairly good chance there is a conflict somewhere, but since I wanted to start a new playthrough anyway, tossing the offending ones out wouldn't be much of an issue.

Here's the list of the Mods I've got enabled, all on their most recent version:

Spoiler
- Philip Andrada: Gas Station Manager
- Another Portrait Pack
- Arma Armatura
- Battletech Portrait Pack
- Blackrock Drive Yards
- Captain's Log
- Cayman's Ship Pack
- Combat Chatter
- Console Commands
- Deluxe Player Flags
- DroneLib
- Gundam UC
- Interstellar Imperium
- Iron Shell
- Kazeron Navarchy
- LazyLib
- Luddic Enhancement
- MagicLib
- Missing Ships
- Nexerilin
- Practice Targets
- Scy Nation
- Secrets of the Frontier
- Tahlan Shipworks
- Torchships and Deadly Armaments
- Transfer all Items
- United Aurora Federation
- WhichMod
- zz GraphicsLib
[close]

...so, yeah, I'm running quite alot at once. But I've run my games with pretty much all of those before, safe for "Deluxe Player Flags" and "CaptainsLog", and only recently, when I picked up playing the game again, and updated my Mods as a result, did the station thing start happening.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 01:58:27 AM by ShogunTrooper »

ShogunTrooper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Stations keep exploding when entering combat?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 09:30:32 AM »

Okay, so, after doing some testing on my own end since posting this, I think I fixed it? I disabled "Luddic Enhancement", "Blackrock Drive Yards", and "Missing Ships", and now stations don't randomly explode anymore.

Something in one of these three seems to have caused some problem or another that somehow turned station battles into a fireworks display, and now it seems to run as intended. Gonna keep trying to see which one it was specifically.

Edit: Nevermind, still keeps happening.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 11:48:30 AM by ShogunTrooper »