Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 74

Author Topic: [0.97a] Realistic Combat 2.0.4  (Read 282318 times)

xZarif

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.20.2
« Reply #465 on: September 20, 2022, 01:42:27 PM »

Nice mod! Playing with it a bit and noticed my aurora instantly fills up the flux bar occasionally. Turns out it rapid fires its heavy blaster sometimes, while on autopilot. I can reproduce this by running a simulation, setting the ship to target the enemy ship, then unpausing. The autopilot rapid fires the heavy blaster and fully fills up its flux, to 99%. I have definitely noticed this happening on other ship with a heavy blaster. Not sure if this is a heavy blaster specific issue or if other weapons will also rapid fire. Hope this helps, thanks.

Image of reproducing bug: https://imgur.com/aFas1PX
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 01:58:57 PM by xZarif »

Ajourus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.19.0
« Reply #466 on: September 20, 2022, 03:13:26 PM »

So far fighters are very mixed with some having 100-800 firing range, and others having 6000-10000+.

Wait what?  Please tell me which weapons and fighters.

I would say with an engagement range of usually 10k+ having similar firing range to regular ship weaponry is overkill.
I would like to see fighters have some reduced gun firing range too, more in the 1-4k range, since they have a huge engagement range already and are super fast. They could be even a little bit faster in return too.
Right now they can just fly everywhere and shoot anything. No need to actually fly towards a ship.
Some have mini gun variants which have low range, others carry exactly the same guns as regular ships with the unreasonable range (and effectively firepower).
I guess thats on the modders making the jets, but still.

A wing of fighters with 6 jets shooting with regular guns from RC distance is just bonkers.

I'll add a fighter non-launcher muzzle velocity factor in the next release.

Heya im getting nullpoint error crashes when entering or shortly after entering combat, and I think it is because of newest RC,
cause I haven't updated anything else related to combat:

Code
668501 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at scripts.Retreat.reportRetreat(Retreat.java:42)
    at scripts.Retreat.order(Retreat.java:54)
    at plugins.EveryFrameCombatPlugin.advance(EveryFrameCombatPlugin.java:61)
    at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.L$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.new.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
668585 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [CatastrophicSystemsFailure.ogg]
668587 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [CatastrophicSystemsFailure.ogg]

Any ideas?

I've added a null-check to that method for the next release.

So ive installed the latest version of this game but it seems there is a bug that messes with the way my weapons fire
I have to constantly switch between weapon groups to fire them
even autofire wont fire weapons
sometime exiting phase space allows them to fire
however it seems the AI does just fine

Uh-oh.  Please tell me more about this problem.

Well, I have set the muzzle levoity to 1, so that the range would be set as the speed of the weapon accordingly and that's fine with me. I don't understand how the calculator calculates the range for beams

The muzzle velocity factor in WeaponSpecs.json, you mean?  Realistic Combat forces non-launcher projectile weapon range and muzzle velocity to be equal for any muzzle velocity factor, so the range would be set as the speed regardless of what you had set that factor to be.  Beam weapon range depends on intensity because of diffraction, so adjust the beam weapon factors in the same file, remembering that diffraction is inverse-square, so increasing the intensity to increase range will also increase close-range damage.

Well I've already tried reinstalling the mod if there was something missing but it didn't work the problem with my weapons still persist however it seems whatever is causing it is not effecting missiles, missiles seem to fire fine and on command I've also tried changing the key bind to see if it was my mouse but that didn't work

Ive Reverted back to version 18 so i can actually use the mod and be able to fire my guns
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 03:20:48 PM by Ajourus »

tinytrinket100

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 20, 2022, 03:32:32 PM »

Every time that I start a battle after 2 seconds I encounter a fatal null error

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at plugins.EveryFrameCombatPlugin.adjustAI(EveryFrameCombatPlugin.java:29)
    at plugins.EveryFrameCombatPlugin.advance(EveryFrameCombatPlugin.java:53)
    at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.L$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.new.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Disabling realistic combat seemed to stop it so I assumed it was incompatible with something.

I've never had this error but added another null check just in case.  I hope it helps.

I've had similar problem and I solved it by increasing memory in vmparams. Now, currently, I have -Xms6144m -Xmx6144m with the mods that I have enabled. I've never seen it again.

Way ahead of you but it didn't work, sadly seems to be a compatibility issue, not a memory one.

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.19.0
« Reply #468 on: September 20, 2022, 03:39:52 PM »

Nice mod! Playing with it a bit and noticed my aurora instantly fills up the flux bar occasionally. Turns out it rapid fires its heavy blaster sometimes, while on autopilot. I can reproduce this by running a simulation, setting the ship to target the enemy ship, then unpausing. The autopilot rapid fires the heavy blaster and fully fills up its flux, to 99%. I have definitely noticed this happening on other ship with a heavy blaster. Not sure if this is a heavy blaster specific issue or if other weapons will also rapid fire. Hope this helps, thanks.

Image of reproducing bug: https://imgur.com/aFas1PX

Uh oh, that's not good.  I think that's because of my janky approach to blocking weapon fire--the blocking cooldown I set the weapon to is so small that the engine 'eats' it between frames.  I've tried reproducing it, and while a Heavy Blaster on a Venture is fine, my game hangs outright as soon as the autopilot is enabled on an Aurora with the same weapon.  I will have to investigate further.

Edit: I fixed the hang (caused my a mistake on my end and won't happen on yours) but still can't reproduce the bug, so I will replace the blocking cooldown with twice the time elapsed last frame and hope to have fixed the problem.

Well I've already tried reinstalling the mod if there was something missing but it didn't work the problem with my weapons still persist however it seems whatever is causing it is not effecting missiles, missiles seem to fire fine and on command I've also tried changing the key bind to see if it was my mouse but that didn't work

Ive Reverted back to version 18 so i can actually use the mod and be able to fire my guns

Wait a minute--have you not targeted an enemy ship when this happened?  You might be running into a feature that I added to lock non-missile projectile weapons unless they're on target.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 06:07:12 PM by Liral »

spazza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 20, 2022, 06:10:46 PM »

i noticed a bug immediately after i installed only this mod, my mining blaster simply doesnt work, ive had it fire sometimes but the recharge bar at the bottom when the weapon is selected often starts unfilled and never fills up

edit: i went to test more and i can fire infinitely and rapidly if i switch from one weapon group to the mining blaster and click a bunch

edit edit: light autocannons and vulcans also wont fire
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 06:44:06 PM by spazza »

MaysaChan

• Ensign
  • Mod collector & rookie anime artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 20, 2022, 06:22:45 PM »

Love this mod so far but every time I enter combat with allie, I get massive retreat message spam and it lags the game so badly. I try re-download the mod with the latest update where the bug says to be fix but I still get the same bug.

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 20, 2022, 07:11:27 PM »

i noticed a bug immediately after i installed only this mod, my mining blaster simply doesnt work, ive had it fire sometimes but the recharge bar at the bottom when the weapon is selected often starts unfilled and never fills up

edit: i went to test more and i can fire infinitely and rapidly if i switch from one weapon group to the mining blaster and click a bunch

The mining blaster didn't fire for me before either (as another user has reported) but whatever I've done recently has solved this problem, so expect it fixed in the new version.

Love this mod so far but every time I enter combat with allie, I get massive retreat message spam and it lags the game so badly. I try re-download the mod with the latest update where the bug says to be fix but I still get the same bug.

Woooo!  Glad to hear you love the mod.  Hearing from users satisfies and heartens me.  I cannot reproduce this bug but hope I will fix it in the next update.  Please tell me how to reproduce the bug so I can fix it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 07:35:27 PM by Liral »

spazza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 20, 2022, 07:19:51 PM »

The mining blaster didn't fire for me before either (as another user has reported) but whatever I've done recently has solved this problem, so expect it fixed in the new version.

everything else has been quite interesting changes but i just started and it disabled some of my most useful weapons, glad to see your so active with bugfixes, how soon do you think the next patch will be out?

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 20, 2022, 07:29:56 PM »

everything else has been quite interesting changes but i just started and it disabled some of my most useful weapons, glad to see your so active with bugfixes, how soon do you think the next patch will be out?

I would fix the last bug and release a new patch right now but must first ask borgrel how to make my code stop spamming retreat reports.

Edit: Aw heck I'll just push it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 07:37:46 PM by Liral »

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.20.3
« Reply #474 on: September 20, 2022, 07:45:35 PM »

Hotfix 1.20.3 is out!  Disabled retreat messages because endlessly-displaying last hotfix has not fixed endless displaying.  Fixed a null-pointer exception in the retreat order method and the gun-locking code making some non-launcher projectile weapons spam and others lock up.  Expanded gun-locking to prevent firing non-launcher projectile weapons until and unless they are in range and on target, that is, pointed at the lead indicator.

Oh, we also have a new video in screenshots and videos if you'd care to watch... :D

MaysaChan

• Ensign
  • Mod collector & rookie anime artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 20, 2022, 08:41:48 PM »

Hotfix 1.20.3 is out!  Disabled retreat messages because endlessly-displaying last hotfix has not fixed endless displaying.  Fixed a null-pointer exception in the retreat order method and the gun-locking code making some non-launcher projectile weapons spam and others lock up.  Expanded gun-locking to prevent firing non-launcher projectile weapons until and unless they are in range and on target, that is, pointed at the lead indicator.

Oh, we also have a new video in screenshots and videos if you'd care to watch... :D

Damn, I didn't expect the fix will come so fast but thank you so much!! Appreciate it :D The bug is now gone.

Nostrodamu5

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 20, 2022, 10:10:10 PM »

The faq says
"Q: Why don't my guns shoot?
A: Non-missile projectile weapon on any ship can fire beyond range of the target selected by the autofire AI of that weapon or, if the weapon is in the selected weapon group, the captain of the ship whether AI or player."

I don't understand the answer. It says that non missiles can fire beyond the range of autofire AI, but how does that help me when my non missile weapons won't fire?

spazza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 20, 2022, 11:08:58 PM »

so this mod makes kinetic weapons only fire on automated leading path? i noticed immediately that my guns were auto firing but i still cant take control of my light autocannon or vulcan control groups and fire them

Hotpics

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.13.0
« Reply #478 on: September 21, 2022, 04:20:44 AM »

Wow!  I'm glad and impressed that Realistic Combat got you back into the game.  I want to know where exactly you think the mod needs polish so I can apply it there.

Made a complementary mod to adjust the following:
  • Skilltree
    • Bonuses / Stats
    • Rewrote some Skills
  • Weapons
    • Offensive Behaviour (e.g. Higher Travelspeed / Accuarcy / Penetration ..)
    • Defensive Behaviour (e.g. Higher Damge to Fighters and Missiles / better incoming Misslie tracking / larger Fragmentationradius ..)
  • Shiploadouts
    • Factions adjust their Invasion / Strike / Vengeance shiploadouts to counter your fleet loadout and doctrine. *reused Doritos code partially
  • Engagement
    • Your and enemy fleet deploy from a randomly choosen point on the map, sometimes quite close, but never ontop of each other.

See PELAGORNIS from MISSP as a prime example for swarming the enemy with Fighters.
But with the adjusments I did, non Fighter Bay Fleets are evenly matched with the ones with, depending on the engagement.
The Metalafica from TAHLAN with a defensive support ship, an escrot to incercept incoming Fighters / Missiles and small frigattes, will go completly bonkers.

In general the outcome of the battle heavily depends on the point of deployment and fleet composition.
Like, I killed a Vengeance Fleet LvL 3 with ease but got shredded by another due to unlucky point of deployment and fleet composition.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 04:22:42 AM by Hotpics »

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 21, 2022, 05:58:36 AM »

Damn, I didn't expect the fix will come so fast but thank you so much!! Appreciate it :D The bug is now gone.

Welcome!

The faq says
"Q: Why don't my guns shoot?
A: Non-missile projectile weapon on any ship can fire beyond range of the target selected by the autofire AI of that weapon or, if the weapon is in the selected weapon group, the captain of the ship whether AI or player."

I don't understand the answer. It says that non missiles can fire beyond the range of autofire AI, but how does that help me when my non missile weapons won't fire?

Seems like a typo.  I will rewrite this.

Wow!  I'm glad and impressed that Realistic Combat got you back into the game.  I want to know where exactly you think the mod needs polish so I can apply it there.

Made a complementary mod to adjust the following:
  • Skilltree
    • Bonuses / Stats
    • Rewrote some Skills
  • Weapons
    • Offensive Behaviour (e.g. Higher Travelspeed / Accuarcy / Penetration ..)
    • Defensive Behaviour (e.g. Higher Damge to Fighters and Missiles / better incoming Misslie tracking / larger Fragmentationradius ..)
  • Shiploadouts
    • Factions adjust their Invasion / Strike / Vengeance shiploadouts to counter your fleet loadout and doctrine. *reused Doritos code partially
  • Engagement
    • Your and enemy fleet deploy from a randomly choosen point on the map, sometimes quite close, but never ontop of each other.

See PELAGORNIS from MISSP as a prime example for swarming the enemy with Fighters.
But with the adjusments I did, non Fighter Bay Fleets are evenly matched with the ones with, depending on the engagement.
The Metalafica from TAHLAN with a defensive support ship, an escrot to incercept incoming Fighters / Missiles and small frigattes, will go completly bonkers.

In general the outcome of the battle heavily depends on the point of deployment and fleet composition.
Like, I killed a Vengeance Fleet LvL 3 with ease but got shredded by another due to unlucky point of deployment and fleet composition.

Oh neat, I'd love to see them together and maybe roll it into RC if it's really that good. :D
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 74