Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 74

Author Topic: [0.97a] Realistic Combat 2.0.4  (Read 282343 times)

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Realistic Combat 1.12.1
« Reply #285 on: August 05, 2022, 07:49:06 AM »

Hi, I am not sure if this was asked before but changing fire rate of Thermal Pulse Cannon on Onslaught to 12sec is intended behaviour ?

It's not, and I could tweak to avoid messing with this for built-in weapons, but I had to make the cannon-autocannon damage cutoff somewhere because guns like the Devastator had become OP.

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 05, 2022, 08:57:33 AM »

Hi, I am not sure if this was asked before but changing fire rate of Thermal Pulse Cannon on Onslaught to 12sec is intended behaviour ?

It's not, and I could tweak to avoid messing with this for built-in weapons, but I had to make the cannon-autocannon damage cutoff somewhere because guns like the Devastator had become OP.

Its also heavily nerfed most large ballistic vanilla weapons I feel, weapons like Mjolnir are quite ineffective now. tested with some previously fast firing large ballistic weapons and most feel powerless. a lot of mod weapons feel bad now too sadly. maybe 10-12s was too long?

Also, I am both happy and sad my cross map beam swords are gone...

Another note, anyone else having issues with invincible shields as of latest update? just fought a station for over 5 minutes in a super battleship because shield damage wasn't creating flux.only finally killed it when it took shield down for some reason and instantly died...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 02:08:42 PM by Draconas »

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 05, 2022, 05:03:20 PM »

Its also heavily nerfed most large ballistic vanilla weapons I feel, weapons like Mjolnir are quite ineffective now. tested with some previously fast firing large ballistic weapons and most feel powerless. a lot of mod weapons feel bad now too sadly. maybe 10-12s was too long?

That's not good.  How about energy projectile weapons?  I could make the damage higher, but maybe 10-12 seconds is indeed too long.

Also, I am both happy and sad my cross map beam swords are gone...

Oh, good!

Another note, anyone else having issues with invincible shields as of latest update? just fought a station for over 5 minutes in a super battleship because shield damage wasn't creating flux.only finally killed it when it took shield down for some reason and instantly died...

Invincible shields on stations or just ships?

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 05, 2022, 05:11:56 PM »

Invincible shields on stations or just ships?

After testing its not the shields, its like some ships are getting invulnerability. I just spent 15 minutes afk having ship guns autofire 3 frigates as a test. The armor was gone from the mid/back of all 3, and surprisingly 2 had their front armor still. They had no flux build up entire time and I don't think any had commanders (in case it was a commander perk doing it). It MAY have been something related to beam sword hits making them invulnerable (still had Valken EX loaded on battlecarriers) as that is the only similar contributing factor.
That experiment earlier, battle was still ongoing haha, had to use console command to force end combat.

As to your comment on energy weapons, I'll try to play with them in a bit if I remember.

Update;
Not sure if its beam sword, but I can confirm it seems to be the Valken EX breaking the ships and making them invincible. tested with a carrier with wings of those, had same ship kill every target it went up against, but as soon as the Valkens engaged, target wouldn't die. may be all beamsword craft, not sure.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 05:31:23 PM by Draconas »

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 05, 2022, 07:36:01 PM »

After testing its not the shields, its like some ships are getting invulnerability. I just spent 15 minutes afk having ship guns autofire 3 frigates as a test. The armor was gone from the mid/back of all 3, and surprisingly 2 had their front armor still. They had no flux build up entire time and I don't think any had commanders (in case it was a commander perk doing it). It MAY have been something related to beam sword hits making them invulnerable (still had Valken EX loaded on battlecarriers) as that is the only similar contributing factor.
That experiment earlier, battle was still ongoing haha, had to use console command to force end combat.

As to your comment on energy weapons, I'll try to play with them in a bit if I remember.

Update;
Not sure if its beam sword, but I can confirm it seems to be the Valken EX breaking the ships and making them invincible. tested with a carrier with wings of those, had same ship kill every target it went up against, but as soon as the Valkens engaged, target wouldn't die. may be all beamsword craft, not sure.

Hm, odd!

lwki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 06, 2022, 04:43:44 AM »

Realistic Combat is stable with all other mods and intended to be played with them but adds realism mechanics that mods are not designed for and drastically changes the intended balance of mods by modifying all ship, fighter, and weapon specifications: some mod combat scripts may run differently or not at all.  To ensure the user knows why other mods may behave differently, the Realistic Combat mod information file has a removable "totalConversion" tag that prevents loading it with other mods until the user removes the tag.
So, by default this mod affects only vanilla ships? If i install this as is, i will get vanilla ships that shoot across half of the map against modded factions that are practically melee?

I don't wanna sound like a *** but what's the point of this? If you play vanilla with this mod, it doesn't matter if its total conversion or not. And if you play modded isn't it way more broken than having some scripts not working or working differently?

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 06, 2022, 04:51:45 AM »

So, by default this mod affects only vanilla ships? If i install this as is, i will get vanilla ships that shoot across half of the map against modded factions that are practically melee?

I don't wanna sound like a *** but what's the point of this? If you play vanilla with this mod, it doesn't matter if its total conversion or not. And if you play modded isn't it way more broken than having some scripts not working or working differently?

It does affect modded ships and weapons, and hence the warning.

lwki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 06, 2022, 05:05:22 AM »

It does affect modded ships and weapons, and hence the warning.
I don't understand. Then what does enabling mods by removing total conversion tag do?

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 06, 2022, 05:55:38 AM »

I don't understand. Then what does enabling mods by removing total conversion tag do?

It lets you load other mods.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 06:03:35 AM by Liral »

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 06, 2022, 01:36:56 PM »

When you select a target and have a beam weapon selected, show the efficiency of the weapon given the range as a ship buff on the sidebar

Could do the same with projectiles, showing range, and maybe some on enemy manuverability rating and resulting range modifier.

You could also make weapon speed explicitly based on weapon base range, instead of the other way around. Possibly make pd have the extra range and less damage like how you tweak  cannons now

Given all frag is pd(I think) and say, double range and half damage, could revert the frag modifiers too.

Correspondingly, this would also mean any range modifiers, like skills, bueys, or hullmods adjust projectile speed. Unrealistic too, but in a different direction. But since you don't want to adjust jinking, only option I think.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 01:38:48 PM by Ranakastrasz »
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 06, 2022, 05:02:21 PM »

When you select a target and have a beam weapon selected, show the efficiency of the weapon given the range as a ship buff on the sidebar

A beam weapon efficiency indication seems wise, would have to represent an average of the weapon group efficiency, and be better represented with a circular arc around the cursor.

Could do the same with projectiles, showing range, and maybe some on enemy manuverability rating and resulting range modifier.

Why?

You could also make weapon speed explicitly based on weapon base range, instead of the other way around. Possibly make pd have the extra range and less damage like how you tweak  cannons now

I don't understand this suggestion.

Given all frag is pd(I think) and say, double range and half damage, could revert the frag modifiers too.

It is definitely not all PD.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 06, 2022, 06:27:35 PM »

A beam weapon efficiency indication seems wise, would have to represent an average of the weapon group efficiency, and be better represented with a circular arc around the cursor.
Makes sense, and yea, it should be on the cursor.
Why?
Mostly because I thought it would be interesting to see exactly how the range is adjusted from ingame, but I doubt it really has any gameplay impact.
I don't understand this suggestion.
Uhm. Currently, I don't actually know how projectile speed and correspondingly range is setup. But given that hellbores get very fast projectiles, It is probably already this way. The thought was to take the vanilla range, possibly add the weapon-size range bonus, then for a standardized target jink value, set the speed to hit that standard target.
But since I dont actually know how you do it currently, I don't think that was a valid suggestion. I need more data first.
It is definitely not all PD.
Are you sure? I thought all weapons with frag had the PD tag. Can you give a counterexample?
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 06, 2022, 06:39:24 PM »

Uhm. Currently, I don't actually know how projectile speed and correspondingly range is setup. But given that hellbores get very fast projectiles, It is probably already this way. The thought was to take the vanilla range, possibly add the weapon-size range bonus, then for a standardized target jink value, set the speed to hit that standard target.
But since I dont actually know how you do it currently, I don't think that was a valid suggestion. I need more data first.

Projectile weapon speed equals projectile weapon range, which is multiplied by the time the target would need to strafe to determine the un-jinkable range of the projectile.

Are you sure? I thought all weapons with frag had the PD tag. Can you give a counterexample?

Remember that I have to support all mods.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 06, 2022, 07:15:27 PM »

Projectile weapon speed equals projectile weapon range, which is multiplied by the time the target would need to strafe to determine the un-jinkable range of the projectile.
Ah, so in other words, it is exactly what I was trying to suggest XD
Remember that I have to support all mods.
Oh right.

Edit:
Is it possible to add weapon tags dynamically, so that anything that is a "Cannon" gets a cannon tag added, alongside Assault or Support or w.e.?

Why did you make ballistic weapons not consume flux? Or, assuming they do anyway. Tooltip says some amount of flux per second, but zero per shot, which is odd.

It lets you load other mods.
I think the real question is why you enabled TC tag in the first place?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 08:57:45 PM by Ranakastrasz »

Liral

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2022, 12:56:22 PM »

Edit:
Is it possible to add weapon tags dynamically, so that anything that is a "Cannon" gets a cannon tag added, alongside Assault or Support or w.e.?

Not that I know of.

Why did you make ballistic weapons not consume flux? Or, assuming they do anyway. Tooltip says some amount of flux per second, but zero per shot, which is odd.

Weapon derived stats seem to occupy the info block and cannot be edited.  :(

I think the real question is why you enabled TC tag in the first place?

Because it can make mods behave weirdly, and I want RC users to presume that RC caused it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 74