Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Vanilla Armatura 1.1  (Read 41426 times)

Quartofel

• Ensign
  • No Fun, Not Ever
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Vanilla Armatura 1.1
« on: June 23, 2022, 07:44:18 PM »

>>Download Vanilla Armatura<<

This add-on mod adds all of the crewed fighters and bombers from vanilla game as pilotable Arma Armatura variants and adds them to the spawnlists.
Also, one silly pirate hack of a broadsword and 8 variants of the standard strikecraft that support modular weapons.

Feedback (especially regarding balance) is very welcome.

Requirements:
Arma Armatura
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18751.0

Special thanks:
gettag for answering my questions regarding ARMAA and being absolute champ with adding strikecraft_medium and strikecraft_large tags

Changelog:
Spoiler
VAA 1.1
====================================================
-Fixed missing description for Perditon Mod.
-Removed built-in hammer torpedo for Perditon Mod.
-Expanded shield radius for modular strikecraft
    -Modular weapons shouldn't stick through the shields anymore
-Fixed misaligned engines, weapon slots and hitbox for Claw and Claw Mod.
    -How the hell did I miss this one for so long?
THIS VERSION IS NOT SAVE COMPATIBILE IF YOU'VE BEEN USING PREVIOUS VERSION OF THIS MOD
[close]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 03:00:53 AM by Quartofel »

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Vanilla Armatura
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 09:38:11 AM »

So how will the Xyphos, Broadswords, and Warthogs here differ from the ones in the actual AA mod?

Quartofel

• Ensign
  • No Fun, Not Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 12:29:43 PM »

While AA variants have different loadouts, flux stats and shield stats than vanilla wings, VA pilotable variants are pretty much identical to LPC fighters. Modular variants of those fighters also keep vanilla fighter flux stats.

tl;dr they're much closer to vanilla fighters than AA variants

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 06:13:44 PM »

Gotcha.  Sounds like hard mode piloting. 

Quartofel

• Ensign
  • No Fun, Not Ever
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Vanilla Armatura 1.1
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 02:58:29 AM »

Update 1.1, NOT SAVE COMPATIBILE WITH PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE MOD

Changelog:
VAA 1.1
====================================================
-Fixed missing description for Perditon Mod.
-Fixed built-in hammer torpedo for Perditon Mod.
-Expanded shield radius for modular strikecraft
    -Modular weapons shouldn't stick through the shields anymore
-Fixed misaligned engines, weapon slots and hitbox for Claw and Claw Mod.
    -How the hell did I miss this one for so long?
THIS VERSION IS NOT SAVE COMPATIBILE IF YOU'VE BEEN USING PREVIOUS VERSION OF THIS MOD

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 03:26:38 PM »

'Finished' with a previous playthrough and found this and it's sister mods. Thanks for this! Creates an interesting niche.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 02:33:49 AM »

Any chance we'll get a UAF version at some point ?

ApogeeSys

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2022, 05:56:24 PM »

Really fun mod that adds a ton of meat to ArmaA (especially if you're like me and just want the fighter wings instead of the mechs), I just wish the modular vanilla fighters were, well, better. None of them get the upgrades to OP and hull (or built-in improvised shields) that the normal AA "super" fighters like Xyphos Type-2 and Broadsword Silvia get, so I end up finding very little reason to use them over the base AA fighters if i have access to them at all. It'd be nice for the modular fighter variants to be changed to upgraded fighters along the lines of the two I mentioned earlier that get the same 30 OP and hull/maneuverability/etc adjusted in proportion to their counterparts. to illustrate what i mean: base Broadsword has 750 hull, 100 armor, 200 speed with 80 flux cap and 10 dissipation, while base Gladius has 500/75/300 with 200 cap and 50 dissipation. Broadsword Silvia has 700/100/192 with 1000 base flux cap, 50 dissipation, and 30 OP plus built-in improvised shields, while Gladius(mod) has identical stats to Gladius with 25 OP. You can see a similar situation between Xyphos(mod) and the AA Xyphos (I really should have made a spreadsheet). The gulf is rather dramatic, to say the least, which is a real shame because I'd love to be able to exploit modular fighters with more interesting niches than the relatively bland Xyphos and Broadsword without feeling like I'm just throwing the slot away by not using a super-fighter. Thunders in particular come to mind, because xyphos and broadsword are both slooooooow.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 11:06:28 PM by ApogeeSys »

Allaark

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2023, 12:08:30 AM »

Hey, just wanted to ask, and im sorry if im annoying you by asking, but are you aware that, when i click on the link to download the mod, it says that the file is in the trash?

Again, sorry for bothering.

Quartofel

• Ensign
  • No Fun, Not Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2023, 12:43:19 PM »

You're not bothering at all, it's nice to see that there are people enjoying what I did! And to copy-paste my answer from MFE:

I'm semi-back since 0.96 is here. I will drop files when I'll have a spare moment and will update the mods at some point in future (New job, therapy and social life eat my spare time pretty efficiently, so sorry about that). If someone will want to update them themselves (dunno if it'll be needed tbh) by all means go for it. Everything I've made was only possible due to the community built around it, so it's free real estate :)

Quartofel

• Ensign
  • No Fun, Not Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2023, 12:51:42 PM »

[...]
I just wish the modular vanilla fighters were, well, better. None of them get the upgrades to OP and hull (or built-in improvised shields) that the normal AA "super" fighters like Xyphos Type-2 and Broadsword Silvia get, so I end up finding very little reason to use them over the base AA fighters if i have access to them at all. It'd be nice for the modular fighter variants to be changed to upgraded fighters along the lines of the two I mentioned earlier that get the same 30 OP and hull/maneuverability/etc adjusted in proportion to their counterparts. to illustrate what i mean: base Broadsword has 750 hull, 100 armor, 200 speed with 80 flux cap and 10 dissipation, while base Gladius has 500/75/300 with 200 cap and 50 dissipation. Broadsword Silvia has 700/100/192 with 1000 base flux cap, 50 dissipation, and 30 OP plus built-in improvised shields, while Gladius(mod) has identical stats to Gladius with 25 OP. You can see a similar situation between Xyphos(mod) and the AA Xyphos (I really should have made a spreadsheet). The gulf is rather dramatic, to say the least, which is a real shame because I'd love to be able to exploit modular fighters with more interesting niches than the relatively bland Xyphos and Broadsword without feeling like I'm just throwing the slot away by not using a super-fighter. Thunders in particular come to mind, because xyphos and broadsword are both slooooooow.
When I'll get time, I'll prolly make VA+ with super-fighters. Idea of VA fighters was to give the vanilla fighter pilot experience, and modular variant is just the same frame bastardised to make it modular. Just AN option, not THE option. AA superfighters are bit too powerful in my opinion, so VA+ will likely feature fighters that are better than vanilla, but weaker than AA superfighters.

Thank you for the feedback!

Eloda

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 05:21:09 AM »

Can't download. The google drive doesn't exist :(

killtime101

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2023, 08:08:56 AM »

Google drive borked.

Simbach Vazo

• Ensign
  • Professional Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2023, 03:21:00 PM »

So I'm completely fresh to the game, got it last night (and played well into the morning), is there a way to disable ArmA's mechsuits in the main mod? I love the Pilotcom and the ability to replace them with vanilla fighters, but the Gundams flying around sounds like a bad time very fast if they end up on the enemy side, aside from just looking kinda goofy relatively.
This might be a better question to ask on the main mod page, if so, I'll go over there.

Oh and, Google drive borked.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 03:23:24 PM by Simbach Vazo »
G r o o v y

Bendigo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2024, 04:29:15 AM »

So I'm completely fresh to the game, got it last night (and played well into the morning), is there a way to disable ArmA's mechsuits in the main mod? I love the Pilotcom and the ability to replace them with vanilla fighters, but the Gundams flying around sounds like a bad time very fast if they end up on the enemy side, aside from just looking kinda goofy relatively.
This might be a better question to ask on the main mod page, if so, I'll go over there.

Oh and, Google drive borked.
You sound like you hate fun.
99% of the time my accuracy is 100%
Pages: [1] 2