Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!  (Read 272748 times)

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5 A Storm is coming!
« Reply #510 on: July 08, 2022, 01:23:30 PM »

You might want to read what the license says in the section "under the following terms"...
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

I did read it, and Regardless of what it says, HM have no authority over anything in my mod as it has no relation with his work, feel free to look yourself @Thaago
Compare every single piece of content i have, then feel free to tell me if there is anything "stolen" or "derived"
^^

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 08, 2022, 01:44:11 PM »

Both turrets have nothing in common, in fact, i didn't even look at Harmful Mechanic's stuff when i made that turret, i hate to ruin your day but this is the actual source material for the Lightning Storm Generator:

re-Coloured pixel by pixel using 3D Paint

You may state that they have nothing in common, but that doesn't seem to hold up. Yours is blurrier (probably from upscaling) and slightly recolored with details added, but it clearly has at least one part taken from DME, down to the shading, unless you are suggesting that DME took it from somewhere else.

Left: your source for the sprite.
Middle: the sprite in SW
Right: DME
Bottom-left: The two sprites overlaid.

You shouldn't lie to get someone in trouble, because it will backfire on you at somepoint.
There's no need to hand out lessons on morality here.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 08, 2022, 02:20:43 PM »

Oh sorry, i guess i am not allowed to draw a white line next to a black line because someone else did that before me, The differences are obvious.
^^

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 08, 2022, 02:23:48 PM »

@Wispborne on a serious note tho, keep digging, i like your dedication toward wasting everyone's time.
^^

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Superweapons Arsenal v2.5b Storms are coming!
« Reply #514 on: July 08, 2022, 02:39:12 PM »

Not only are they obvious derivatives, but you're openly lying about it. That contradicts the 'attribution' portion of the license as well; not only are you not allowed to make derivative works, you're required to attribute my work to me. That would be true even in your bizarro-world interpretation of the license.

So respectful.

I think at this point the only thing to be done is a line-item demonstration of where Mira is taking art from. Then moderation can decide - since Mira thinks she's above listening to polite requests or playing nice with the rest of the forum.

I don't have a ton of time to do that right now, but I can start us off with a list of the artwork I can definitely tell is bashed from my sprites:

"sw_annihilator_hardpoint" and "sw_annihilator_turret"
"sw_fusion_beam_hardpoint"  and "sw_fusion_beam_turret"
"sw_gauss_hturret" and "sw_gauss_turret"
"sw_hyperpulse_hardpoint" and "sw_hyperpulse_turret"
"sw_lightning_storm_hardpoint" and "sw_lightning_storm_turret"
"sw_lightspear_hardpoint" and "sw_lightspear_turret"
"sw_phalanx"
"sw_plasmastorm"
"sw_tesla_coil_hardpoint" and "sw_tesla_coil_turret"

The textures "annihilator_core" and "ring_trail" use the ring texture from "magellan_projectile_contrail_ring" without permission - anyone can draw 'a ring', but matching the exact dimensions of mine is a tell.

"doublehelix_trail" is actually a texture (SRD_helix_beam) I gave Nia for the Sylphon mod; up to Nia if that's a problem, but it's used there and in the (very ugly) "devastator_beamcore" texture. UPDATE: not an issue as Nia's fine with it.

I have additional suspicions about:
"gaussrail_slug"
"sw_devastator_hardpoint" and "sw_devastator_turret"
"sw_novax_hardpoint" and "sw_novax_turret"
but would appreciate a little help IDing the precise origins of some parts.

Other modders, please feel free to chime in about your own artwork.

What's really funny to me is that my art isn't a great fit for Starsector; it's as much an idle exercise in making vector artwork do stupid tricks as anything else. There's so much more fitting stuff out there to steal from, if you're gonna.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 03:02:45 PM by Harmful Mechanic »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 08, 2022, 02:53:49 PM »

"doublehelix_trail" is actually a texture (SRD_helix_beam) I gave Nia for the Sylphon mod; up to Nia if that's a problem, but it's used there and in the

Trail sprites are fine. Sylphon has always been CC-BY-NC-SA anyhow and I like trail sprites being around for people to get started with the tech. Though asking would've been polite still.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 08, 2022, 05:51:09 PM »

@Mira Lendin, I have taken a look at the files others have called out and its clear that these assets were taken and modified from Harmful Mechanic's mods which have a no derivatives license, so please remove them (I have not done a side by side of Nia's work but if there is material taken from there remove that as well). Your conduct in these last posts has not been up to the standards that we would like in this community, particularly accusing others of lying to cover yourself and accusing them of 'starting something' when they politely ask you to remove offending content. Please consider this an official warning under the forum rules.

I've removed the download link from the OP and removed the listing in the Mod index; please send me a PM when the mod has been cleaned up and I'll be happy to put it back on the index. The thread will be locked until that time.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]