Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: good publicity  (Read 8868 times)

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
Re: good publicity
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 08:18:11 AM »

(facepalm) Wow, I really need to check how I type comments sometimes. I meant to say, "I guess.... Regardless of the fact that it could have been shown to a bigger audience, shouldn't a game's review have a good light (view) about it rather than a bad one?" Does that not have an influence on an audiences view?
Yes, you are right, a review that makes the game look good is better then one that makes it look bad.

However, even a bad review is still publicity, not everyone cares if some review says a game is bad, people can still see the game in action and decide they want it, or come to the official website to check it for themselves.

Either way, it gets people talking about it.

Deathven

• Commander
  • "Contigo ergo sum" - Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 06:34:50 PM »

(facepalm) Wow, I really need to check how I type comments sometimes. I meant to say, "I guess.... Regardless of the fact that it could have been shown to a bigger audience, shouldn't a game's review have a good light (view) about it rather than a bad one?" Does that not have an influence on an audiences view?
Yes, you are right, a review that makes the game look good is better then one that makes it look bad.

However, even a bad review is still publicity, not everyone cares if some review says a game is bad, people can still see the game in action and decide they want it, or come to the official website to check it for themselves.

Either way, it gets people talking about it.

True enough.  ;)

leonvision

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 03:47:24 AM »

no, THIS IS A OPINION, i would not like simon and lewis from the yogscast to look into this game, i dont want to give even the chance of them to talk about this game out of their ass. we dont need publicity for the wrong reason.
twitter: lagdotexe - mainly about gaming

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »

Simon and Lewis... are really bad at games. I don't like TB's fanbase any more than he does but his fans knew what they were getting into.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 01:33:31 PM »

Um still, what the ?????

Sarkovar

• Ensign
  • Oh god it's so beautiful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »

Um still, what the ?????

He's trying to say that a good review with a smaller viewer count is better than a bad review with a higher viewer count.

Now take into account the yogscast's "fanbase" which has about as many collective brain cells as a dish rag and a vocabulary to match and it shapes up to something less than beautiful. (I like the yogscast btw, I just choose to completely ignore the video comments which are generally filled with "baww we wan mor izrafel", and people hoping to leech off of their success.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:16:19 PM by Sarkovar »
The Interstellar Federation: Laser free since '83. (except for the Jardain)

Hardlyjoking67

• Captain
  • I'm a different kind of buddy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »

Maybe get involved with professional reviewers? Like maybe IGN? I don't know much about it but I do know that it gets a lot of hits. Same with Gamespot and such. Also possibly start delegating people who are good at video production to start making demos? Idk. Just idea spamming.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 05:41:28 AM »

Ehh, those sites tend to have less than stellar "reviewing" practices. If you compare their official rating and player ratings for games, you get radically different ratings. Not going to explicitly say anything here, but they do tend to rate the AAA titles higher than others straight off the bat.

Deathven

• Commander
  • "Contigo ergo sum" - Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 05:21:17 AM »

Um still, what the ?????

He's trying to say that a good review with a smaller viewer count is better than a bad review with a higher viewer count.

Now take into account the yogscast's "fanbase" which has about as many collective brain cells as a dish rag and a vocabulary to match and it shapes up to something less than beautiful. (I like the yogscast btw, I just choose to completely ignore the video comments which are generally filled with "baww we wan mor izrafel", and people hoping to leech off of their success.)

Thank you!
Pages: 1 [2]