Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Make population tracked visible and make "luddic majority" automatic!  (Read 537 times)

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile

I realized the game, in a very detailed manner, keeps track of the origin of all people in a planet. It would be neat if this was added to intel screen.

Also, "luddic majority" modifier should be applied to any market that has 60% or more of its population coming from "luddic factions"

:D

Khaos

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Even if the majority is coming from Luddic worlds, they are not necessarily Luddic. They left those worlds, most likely for a good reason. Pather cells being highlighted is what seems to be the good solution. If anything, I would like to see if there is an established pirate presence, and have some options in dealing with them, and not just against them.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It's the presence of farming that causes luddites to immigrate. Safe to assume they aren't running from the religion, but rather move in because they seek an acceptably low-tech employment. It's basically a pick your poison situation - do sinful heavy industries and deal with pathers, or do virtuous farming and deal with moderates.
Pirate immigration is caused by the free port status.

In general though, it's not a very detailed manner. Some industries don't have population effect assigned to them at all. The feature seems to have been scrapped while only half-way done.

Drazan

• Captain
    • View Profile

I didnt even know that the game records where people migrate from. How can you check it?

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I didnt even know that the game records where people migrate from. How can you check it?

It's in the source code for industries:
Code
public class Farming extends BaseIndustry implements MarketImmigrationModifier {

public void modifyIncoming(MarketAPI market, PopulationComposition incoming) {
incoming.add(Factions.LUDDIC_CHURCH, 10f);
}

}

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Yeah it's a feature that's not currently implemented, and I'm not sure it should be in the manner proposed (if I had to eventually eat a permanent -2 stability modifier by having Farming around, I'd never build it.)

In dev mode, mouse over the "Colony size: #" display near the top left of the colony info screen.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile

If the feature was implemented, I would want better immigration control than we have to screen out the ideologues and criminals.  Everyone needs food, not just the Ludds.  If Free Port means getting Pirate Activity that I would not get otherwise, I would never use it.