Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Luddic Path Fleet Comp Advice  (Read 1280 times)

AnonymousGhoul

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Luddic Path Fleet Comp Advice
« on: May 29, 2022, 07:53:32 PM »

I love it when my ships aesthetically fit together, color scheme especially. So I'm trying to make a Luddic Path fleet composition with some mods after checking some forum posts for advice, and I'd like some more if possible. If you're curious the ship mods I am using are: Luddic Enhancement Mod, Stop Gap Measure, Tahlan Shipworks, The Star Federation, Vayra's Ship Pack, LowTech Armada, Iron Shell, High Tech Expansion, Hazard Mining Incorporated, and Fluff's Ship Pack.

(Currently undecided on capital ships, probably could use carriers.)
2- Luddic Path Mules
2- Luddic Path Phaetons
2- Luddic Path Castellas
2- Salvaging Rigs
2- Fleet Tugs
8- Sunder Class Destroyers
8- Luddic Path Eradicators
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 08:05:47 PM by AnonymousGhoul »

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Luddic Path Fleet Comp Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 10:10:39 PM »

Get Luddic Path Brawlers. Get say 20 of them. Throw in Support Doctrine. That's close to all you need to tackle most fleets including [REDACTED] fleets.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 10:26:24 PM »

Just get a bunch of Prometheus mk2's and then modify files to make explosions 10 times bigger.....Glory to Ludd!

Starsector\starsector-core\data\hullmods\ and modify "ReducedExplosion.java to increase explosion radius!

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 03:24:50 AM »

Safety overrides is a big part of the theme, so you also want to go wide rather than tall to ensure you've got local numbers advantage to get aggressive within limited PPT. However, you also want a capital or two to anchor your fleet and give them confidence when fighting up.

My big questions would be where the officers go. Front line ships with Elite PD skill for extra range? Carriers to provide a barrage of hammers with maxed out carrier skills? Frigates or destroyers to try and make Wolfpack work and really exploit the "free" safeties overrides on restored LP frigates? So many flavorful options!

Some mods have juicy capitals. I know Tahlan's Castella is a glorious battle carrier.

Skill-wise I'd be tempted to go deep in green and yellow. Gives you a chance to pick up fighter skills for maximum bomber swarms while scaling out a wide fleet. Stuff is going to explode, so, yellow skills for repairs and D-mod exploitation. Then spend DP on a big capital ship anchor, enough officered carriers to spew Perditions, and spend all remaining points on a ton of smaller front line ships with kinetic-heavy loadouts. Kinetic pressure should provide enough safety for hammers from bombers or small mounts to start securing kills. No hammers left = probably no PPT left = retreat it.

Hell I'd be tempted to link hammers to a "rangefinder" weapon to ensure constant use on the lower PPT ships. No point retreating or exploding with ammunition still slung!