Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Game Reccommendation - Multiplayer Starsector-like game  (Read 904 times)

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Game Reccommendation - Multiplayer Starsector-like game
« on: May 31, 2022, 12:09:18 PM »

I've played probably close to 1000 hours on Starsector, and every time I find a new mod I like (very frequently last 6 months) I start a new save if required. Love this game and I often tell people its the best $15 I've ever spent on a game, and usually get same feedback from those who like this genre. My only true gripe with game (and I understand the scope of this feature which is why I don't hold it against the game) is lack of true coop multiplayer.

So this is a request, does anyone have some game recommendations of something similar but coop? I would like to add I'm trying to avoid full RTS games like Stellaris or Sword of the Stars.

There are a few single player games that kinda have other playstyles I really like but as said aren't Coop;
  • Between the Stars (so far this is maybe one of my favorite early access sci-fi games)
  • Nexus the Jupiter Incident (A classic for any Sci-Fi lover)
  • Star Wolves series (save as above)

So far within this genre I've played;
  • Star Conflict (kinda similar if you focus PvE only I guess but way too grindy)
  • Drox Operative 2 (It's very fun but game has some nasty memory leaks/frame drops when coop and fighting large amount of enemies. kinda hurt our enjoyment of game)
  • Nienix: Cosmic Warfare (its on my radar but i'm waiting till its in a more finished state, though the bullet hell playstyle is a bit much for me but I'm willing to give it a go)

Thanks for any advice/recommendations!

Vinkink

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Game Reccommendation - Multiplayer Starsector-like game
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 02:26:15 AM »

Avorion may be of interest - https://www.avorion.net/ - has co-op multiplayer and is both similar to (living galaxy) and different from Starsector.

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 04:03:51 AM »

God, I used to love Star Conflict. It has the best 3D ship controls I've seen personally, I wish there were more games like that but single-player instead of weird p2w nonsense.

Avorion is a 'build your own ship' kinda game that I kept trying to get into (wanted to find a Robocraft-like game) but it's just a bit too awkward and complex for me. I tried to make small ships but they would barely move cause they were too heavy smh

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 07:13:44 AM »

God, I used to love Star Conflict. It has the best 3D ship controls I've seen personally, I wish there were more games like that but single-player instead of weird p2w nonsense.

Avorion is a 'build your own ship' kinda game that I kept trying to get into (wanted to find a Robocraft-like game) but it's just a bit too awkward and complex for me. I tried to make small ships but they would barely move cause they were too heavy smh
I liked robo-craft before it mutated into a MOBA.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 12:10:10 PM »

I liked robo-craft before it mutated into a MOBA.
Is that still going? I thought it died.
It used to be ace just not giving a single fudge about optimising, or whatever the newest trend/drama was, and just throwing some cubes together because it looks good.
Bombing around Mars in a DeLorean was super fun.

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 08:56:14 PM »

Avorion may be of interest - https://www.avorion.net/ - has co-op multiplayer and is both similar to (living galaxy) and different from Starsector.

Thanks for suggestion, i've had issues with the fully build your own style stuff (not very good at building them haha) but if its coop then might give it a try!