Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Custom Battle Music  (Read 36058 times)

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Custom Battle Music
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2022, 06:54:26 AM »

So in the mod's different faction folders, for some factions (Like the path) There is advantage, retreat, and losing music tracks marked but they are not the same name as the tracks actually in the folder. What would be the code string to be able to set different music of that tip custom to each faction? Also it's a shame you can't have music for when two factions are facing off like when you are commissioned or playing Nex with a faction start. So much good music that would only really fit in that way.
So your first question is easy to answer, you for that need to check the 'sounds.json' file. Those are not music tracks but playlists.

I'll see if I can add nex compatibility.
Great to hear! Thanks!

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2022, 12:09:44 AM »

Also does this work with sound plus or does it override it? Also what does random start do? Also I am just having a real hard time adding music. I followed the guild and I keep getting errors.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 01:46:52 AM by Catscrath »

Laroustine

• Ensign
  • Working too much to update. Almost back !
    • View Profile
    • My GitHub
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2022, 01:44:55 AM »

Also does this work with sound plus or does it override it?
Yes it is compatible. It might not play their battle music.
Mod I'm woking on :

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2022, 12:36:06 PM »

Also does this work with sound plus or does it override it? Also what does random start do? Also I am just having a real hard time adding music. I followed the guild and I keep getting errors.
I fixed putting .ogg at the end of the file names in the sounds file, but it is still giving me the same error. I am guessing I set up the code wrong

waypastfuture

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2022, 04:08:02 PM »

I think it would be a good ideia to explain what a "playlist" is and what it does, the language on Readme.md is ambigous, as it states each faction can only have one "music" (which I figured referred to the ""music": {}" section of the .faction) but also that playlists can contain multiple music [sic]. It's not clear what playlists are and why each faction has multiple playlists, let alone what each playlist type (eg. "battle"; "advantage" etc) is and in what condition they play, or if it's even possible to set the conditions.
I see here in the thread mentions of DP superiority in % being a deciding factor but I don't know which state represents player advantage...
I am not quite used to forums, oh well.

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2022, 03:06:26 PM »

We have quite the riddle here guys... We have multiple playlists but only one music? Has anyone else here gotten custom music in to work? I want to put in the new banger of darktide in.

LostAmongStars

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2022, 10:55:57 AM »

Is it possible to use this mod simply to pick from a playlist of songs that play when a battle begins? Like, irrespective of faction, just some music that fires up on battle start?

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2022, 12:15:19 AM »

Is it possible to use this mod simply to pick from a playlist of songs that play when a battle begins? Like, irrespective of faction, just some music that fires up on battle start?

CBM is probably a little overcomplicated for this particular purpose, as it seems mostly intended to give factions/ships unique, specific combat themes when they're engaged, winning, losing, or retreating. So for example if you had the Empire from Star Wars and you wanted it so that the Imperial March always played when fighting them, or if you want a custom bounty battle that always kicks off with Zero from Ace Combat Zero, then this mod would have you covered.

If you want to just add extra battle music to the standard randomized selection, you can coax Audio Plus into doing this without too much trouble; it already adds some extra combat music, so you just need to copy and tweak a little to add your own stuff, and remove anything you don't like. You'll want Audacity or something that can convert the music into the suitable .ogg format, then you can simply add the file data to Audio Plus' sounds.json. The process isn't that different to what you'd need to do to make music to add with this, just a bit less fiddly when it comes to setting up the .json data.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2023, 03:27:06 PM »

Laroustine and those that know,

is it possible to allow faction music to play when you're comissioned, say you're hegemony and fighting tritachyon, for the combat music to draw a selection of songs based on the two factions currently fighting each other?

or if you're a comissioned by a faction, fighting another faction that doesn't have any music set up, could it perhaps play the music from your commission faction?
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2023, 08:48:20 AM »

So is there a way to set up the custom music (for example for the luddic path) to have advantage, retreat, and losing playlists? Is it just the same format as all the other preset ones? I ask because it does not mention it in the guild, only saying it for standard generic battle conditions.

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2023, 09:13:46 AM »

Can anyone help me with setting up playlists. It says that there can only be one music per faction but there is an option to make playlists. I'm confused if you can make them and if you can, how you make them. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2023, 05:06:39 PM »

Ok, finally got custom music to work but now after 3 or so battles all the music goes away. Battle music, encounters, space, markets, it's all just silent. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

CollinRogers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2023, 08:10:18 AM »

It's essential to read and understand the terms and conditions of any royalty-free content you intend to use to ensure you are complying with the licensing agreement and using the content within the specified terms. Using royalty-free content without proper licensing or not following the terms can still be considered a violation of copyright. Always make sure you have the appropriate rights to use any content in your projects.

Ranger Dimitri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2023, 04:43:59 AM »

So, does this mod still work perfectly fine in 0.96? That is all I want to know.

FluffyTowels

• Ensign
  • Literally two people. FluffyTowels#1349
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2024, 04:31:16 AM »

So, does this mod still work perfectly fine in 0.96? That is all I want to know.

I've tried it on 0.97 and it works fine (as far as I can tell after testing for a couple minutes) after changing the version number in mod_info.json
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]