Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Custom Battle Music  (Read 36705 times)

Laroustine

• Ensign
  • Working too much to update. Almost back !
    • View Profile
    • My GitHub
Re: [0.95.1a] Custom Battle Music
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2022, 07:28:44 AM »

can you add a way to add "generic" battle music? its so that if you dont define music for a faction it resorts to playing the generic music rather then nothing at all
Like having the diffrent types of music even if it is not set for the faction ?
If it doesn't play musics in fights its not normal.
It is supposed to play the normal music from the game.
Mod I'm woking on :

Kasrkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2022, 02:48:51 AM »

Hello!
I am quite new in Starsector forum(know only how download and install mods), so I don't know all the tweaks.
As far as i get, this mod adds music in combat for all vanilla factions.
Two questions:
1-- Can i add my music in mod (on my computer)? I have a Homeworld OST, which i bought on Steam, and i want to add it
2-- How can i do that?
(Sorry for bad English)

Laroustine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • My GitHub
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2022, 05:26:35 AM »

1-- Can i add my music in mod (on my computer)? I have a Homeworld OST, which i bought on Steam, and i want to add it

Yes you can add music but there will be a lot of going around file to change that.
I am currently working on a project to make it easier.

2-- How can i do that?

Currently you have to change the file called sounds.json in the mod files. Afterward you have to change the [faction].json files.
Here is some explanation:
https://github.com/Laroustine/mod-starsector-battle-music/tree/v.1.3.2#for-players
Mod I'm woking on :

Kasrkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2022, 12:30:34 PM »

Thank you for answer!
Another question.
The music won't play when i fight against modded factions, like IX battlegroup, for example.
Do i need to change the (faction).jsos file too?

Davidththird

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2022, 01:10:45 PM »

can you add a way to add "generic" battle music? its so that if you dont define music for a faction it resorts to playing the generic music rather then nothing at all
Like having the diffrent types of music even if it is not set for the faction ?
If it doesn't play musics in fights its not normal.
It is supposed to play the normal music from the game.

sorta, im playing modded and I know that I have to define factions and set music for them for it to play.
currently, I have set music for all the vanilla factions but not for any of the modded factions: thus no music plays when I fight modded factions
because of this I'm proposing a system that plays music if say a faction has no defined music, rather then it playing nothing as there is nothing defined, Im just trying to use this mod as a way to add music to all battles and that would make it alot easier rather then having to manually define music for every single possible encounter

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2022, 03:55:45 PM »

I could luv this...considering highly for my next game instance.

Future enhancements?   Obligatory Dethklok default choices for each, in spots like:

a) fleet setup dialog: 
b) fleet boosts in: 
c) Sure would be nice for other little clips of shredness when we score capital kills etc.

d) a random rotation of tunes from a folder of choice

Laroustine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • My GitHub
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2022, 05:21:31 AM »

The music won't play when i fight against modded factions, like IX battlegroup, for example.
Do i need to change the (faction).jsos file too?

Yes, you need to.
Each faction needs their own playlist. (have their own .json)
The only faction mod that implement my mod for now are the one listed above.
If you would like battle music implemented ask the faction mod creator in question.  ;D
Mod I'm woking on :

Laroustine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • My GitHub
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2022, 05:34:16 AM »

because of this I'm proposing a system that plays music if say a faction has no defined music, rather then it playing nothing as there is nothing defined, Im just trying to use this mod as a way to add music to all battles and that would make it alot easier rather then having to manually define music for every single possible encounter

As said before when a faction has no set music, it is still playing music but it is the default starsector music, wich is calmer then the one in the mod.
I will implement a "default" playlist that will allow for modded faction to have the same music.
The tool i'm making to make playlist should also help with modded faction when i have time to finish it.

But thank you for suggesting the idea of a default playlist.
Mod I'm woking on :

Laroustine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • My GitHub
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2022, 05:46:52 AM »

Future enhancements?   Obligatory Dethklok default choices for each, in spots like:

I cannot do this. I removed any copyrighted music since version 1.2.2.
You can add this music on your version.
I also try to follow starsector's style of music whenever i can with the music i find or can afford.

a) fleet setup dialog
b) fleet boosts in

Those cannot have separate music due to how starsector is made.

c) Sure would be nice for other little clips of shredness when we score capital kills etc.

I am looking into it but for now it cannot be done.

I don't understand this request.
Mod I'm woking on :

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2022, 03:39:54 PM »

I don't understand this request.
[/quote]

Hi thanks for feedback on the other suggestions.  What I meant by the above was:  does this mod have now, or could have in the future, the ability for me to:

a) in a file folder on my computer:  have a selection of mp3 or wav or whatever StarSector can reference and play

b) in the mod .ini, I point to that folder

c) then when the mod calls for playing "battle music":  find and play a random file from that file folder?  And/or play in sequential order, etc.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 05:33:01 PM by eidolad »

Laroustine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • My GitHub
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2022, 06:37:57 PM »

Hi thanks for feedback on the other suggestions.  What I meant by the above was:  does this mod have now, or could have in the future, the ability for me to:

a) in a file folder on my computer:  have a selection of mp3 or wav or whatever StarSector can reference and play

b) in the mod .ini, I point to that folder

c) then when the mod calls for playing "battle music":  find and play a random file from that file folder?  And/or play in sequential order, etc.

For now i don't think it can be done. There is no way (to my knowledge anyway) to manually load songs into the game.
But if it can be done i'll try to do it. Otherwise I might have to ask for an API change.

This is also why i'm trying to make a tool to load any folder into starsector. (I cannot work on it now)
But thanks for the ideas.
Mod I'm woking on :

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2022, 06:52:48 PM »

great!  my classic Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries tracks are waiting to be played in StarSector some day...

Laroustine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • My GitHub
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2022, 04:20:37 AM »

A new functionality has been added for you modders !
Custom music for ships !
You can now make boss fights with custom music without needing to make a new faction.
All you have to do is to have a tag (can be added in "ship_data.csv") that starts by "cbm_" and have a playlist in your "sounds.json" with the same name. (ex: tag="cbm_boss01" -> sounds.json="cbm_boss01")

This technique also works for fleets in theory but I have not been able to test it.
If there is any issues you can contact me directly.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 04:31:36 AM by Laroustine »
Mod I'm woking on :

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2022, 12:39:33 AM »

So in the mod's different faction folders, for some factions (Like the path) There is advantage, retreat, and losing music tracks marked but they are not the same name as the tracks actually in the folder. What would be the code string to be able to set different music of that tip custom to each faction? Also it's a shame you can't have music for when two factions are facing off like when you are commissioned or playing Nex with a faction start. So much good music that would only really fit in that way.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 01:12:18 AM by Catscrath »

Laroustine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • My GitHub
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2022, 02:32:37 AM »

So in the mod's different faction folders, for some factions (Like the path) There is advantage, retreat, and losing music tracks marked but they are not the same name as the tracks actually in the folder. What would be the code string to be able to set different music of that tip custom to each faction? Also it's a shame you can't have music for when two factions are facing off like when you are commissioned or playing Nex with a faction start. So much good music that would only really fit in that way.
So your first question is easy to answer, you for that need to check the 'sounds.json' file. Those are not music tracks but playlists.

I'll see if I can add nex compatibility.
Mod I'm woking on :
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5