Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] Exotica Technologies v1.8.5 - updated Jan 21st  (Read 241549 times)

Terviren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.2.16 - New Upgrades!!! And Hotfixes!!!
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2023, 03:54:18 AM »

Has anyone else noticed their inventory getting all shifted around sometimes? I'm pretty sure it's Exotica Technologies doing it, it only started once I installed. Items and stacks in the left columns of my inventory end up on the right, things go up a row, left a column, etc. If I had to guess it's some side-effect of the little exotica tech "chest" getting filled up from the individual chips that are only briefly in your cargo, though I haven't kept track of whether it only happens when the chips are involved or if it does it when regular salvage.

Are you sure this only started happening with Exotica Technologies? In my experience, things can move around when you auto-sort them based on:
1) size and number of weapons (large weapons will go before medium and small ones; larger stacks go in front, smaller ones in back);
2) whether or not an item is legal on the market you're sorting on (all illegal commodities will go in the back of the inventory).

Fordo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2023, 01:16:37 PM »

Are you sure this only started happening with Exotica Technologies? In my experience, things can move around when you auto-sort them based on:
1) size and number of weapons (large weapons will go before medium and small ones; larger stacks go in front, smaller ones in back);
2) whether or not an item is legal on the market you're sorting on (all illegal commodities will go in the back of the inventory).

No, I never use the auto-sort button in my fleet's cargo screen. I'm not hitting any buttons or moving any of the items myself, it's after salvaging an exotica-equipped fleet that sometimes things will have moved around on their own.

AzraelsScythe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2023, 05:22:15 PM »

Is there any way to configure the mod to allow more than the 1-2 exotics you can install by default?

Big_Lexapro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2023, 10:53:35 PM »

so...fairly sure i narrowed down which mod caused me memory leaks and sometimes just freezing game...
Yeah. it's Exotica.

What's worse - i had no problems with at least 2 different previous versions, but new fancy one just stops me from playing. Can't post any logs since game just freezes.
Yeah, I think there's something wrong with the way Exotica interacts with any mods that add new ships, modules, or weapons because I get pretty constant memory leaks and crashes in fights and while traveling in system with it active. It's a shame because I really like the mod, but I can say for pretty certain that most of my instability is being caused by it.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2023, 11:09:18 PM »

so...fairly sure i narrowed down which mod caused me memory leaks and sometimes just freezing game...
Yeah. it's Exotica.

What's worse - i had no problems with at least 2 different previous versions, but new fancy one just stops me from playing. Can't post any logs since game just freezes.
Yeah, I think there's something wrong with the way Exotica interacts with any mods that add new ships, modules, or weapons because I get pretty constant memory leaks and crashes in fights and while traveling in system with it active. It's a shame because I really like the mod, but I can say for pretty certain that most of my instability is being caused by it.

for one thing there's nothing special about my mod when it comes to interacting with modded or otherwise ships.
secondly, please make sure you're on the latest version and tell me if it continues. i've had people play with the newest version without issues, so i'm very interested to hear back.

SolarMonolith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2023, 03:53:16 AM »

Where did you get that portrait?

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2023, 11:42:46 AM »

Where did you get that portrait?

someone else gave me the screenshot, not sure.

Lethargic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2023, 03:26:38 AM »

Hi sir this is just a little bit suggestion of mine. What about making Full Metal Salvo into two exotics, one that increases projectile speed for burst type weapons for sure hits and the other increases damage for low hitting weapons that scale higher for weapons with lower damage. You could also nerf Full Metal Salvo speed cause i can't hit anything with this kind of speed.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2023, 02:05:46 PM »

Hi sir this is just a little bit suggestion of mine. What about making Full Metal Salvo into two exotics, one that increases projectile speed for burst type weapons for sure hits and the other increases damage for low hitting weapons that scale higher for weapons with lower damage. You could also nerf Full Metal Salvo speed cause i can't hit anything with this kind of speed.

i don't want to split it

additionally i'm curious what you mean by the speed makes it harder to hit things. surely it should make it easier, since you only need to aim directly at the ship now rather than lead your target

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.3.0 - Updated 2/12/23
« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2023, 09:05:48 PM »

1.3.0 released, see changelog in main post

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.3.0 - Updated 2/12/23
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2023, 12:30:52 AM »

updated again to fix exotic tab bug

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.3.1 - Updated 2/15/23
« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2023, 03:30:26 AM »

just tried this mod for the first time and it looks promising. after a few battles now i have three crates in my inventory. is there a way to merge them?

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 14, 2023, 03:12:28 AM »

I have to say, I'm really not a fan of a lot of the new stuff. The new Exotics are iffy at best, with the Assault Wings being... sad. Like. Really sad. The nerf to engagement range is... and lowering the missile damage? Granted, it's the least worse. But the fact that BOTH have negative effects starting at level 1 just... I don't know.

I'm sure there's builds somewhere, out there, that would make use of them. But they take up slots, and I can imagine quite a few other things to grab before you ever touch those. Engagement range and fighter speed are HUGE. As is missile damage. (Small note, if you do have a ship/kit where these work particularly well, do tell me. I'm always up for learning to strats)

Despite my latest mehs over some changes, this is a great mod that adds so much more fun to the game without the unpleasantness of things like 'gachas'.

Edit Is there anywhere one can adjust the amount of exotics you can get? It's 2 default with 3 max with the skill.

Also, the chip commands et_addexotic etc. all throw an exception.

Double Edit
So this is a question that I'm not sure has an answer. But did the Alpha Core code change in some manner? The Exotic, I mean? I've been using UNGP for awhile now, along with Fair S-Mods. This gives some bonus ordinance points. Never had a problem with them, or Exotica before.

Recently though, I've noticed some odd behavior with the Alpha Core behavior. It sometimes won't show the updated lowered cost (or count it) for a moment before clicking on a weapon, at which point it updates correctly to the reduced cost. And on reloading (or randomly?) my ships will be unequipped of a lot of stuff. The only mod that affect ordinance so far that's updated is this one.

Confirmed reloading the same messed up save sometimes doesn't have the issue. I don't know what's going on.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 05:03:21 PM by HopeFall »

forsakeneden

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2023, 07:07:53 PM »

I see the mod says updated to 1.3.1 but when i download it I'm getting the 1.3.0 file

I'm getting a CTD error when i click on the exotics tab.

161096 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exoticatechnologies.util.Utilities.getExoticChip(Utilities.java:261)
   at exoticatechnologies.util.Utilities.hasExoticChip(Utilities.java:282)
   at exoticatechnologies.modifications.exotics.impl.DaemonCore.shouldShow(DaemonCore.java:38)
   at exoticatechnologies.ui.impl.shop.exotics.ExoticListUIPlugin.shouldMakePanelForI tem(ExoticListUIPlugin.kt:34)
   at exoticatechnologies.ui.impl.shop.exotics.ExoticListUIPlugin.shouldMakePanelForI tem(ExoticListUIPlugin.kt:14)
   at exoticatechnologies.ui.lists.ListUIPanelPlugin.layoutPanels(ListUIPanelPlugin.kt:37)
   at exoticatechnologies.ui.impl.shop.exotics.ExoticShopUIPlugin.layoutPanel(ExoticShopUIPlugin.kt:35)
   at exoticatechnologies.ui.tabs.TabbedPanelUIPlugin.showPanel(TabbedPanelUIPlugin.kt:88)
   at exoticatechnologies.ui.tabs.TabbedPanelUIPlugin.pickedPanel(TabbedPanelUIPlugin.kt:73)
   at exoticatechnologies.ui.tabs.TabbedPanelUIPlugin.pickedTab(TabbedPanelUIPlugin.kt:99)
   at exoticatechnologies.ui.tabs.TabButtonHandler.checked(TabButtonHandler.kt:7)
   at exoticatechnologies.ui.InteractiveUIPanelPlugin.advance(InteractiveUIPanelPlugin.kt:27)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.int.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.I.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2023, 07:12:49 PM »

I see the mod says updated to 1.3.1 but when i download it I'm getting the 1.3.0 file

I'm getting a CTD error when i click on the exotics tab.
Can't comment on the CTD log, but the mod author hasn't updated the link on the first page for over a month now.

In fact, the newest version (although Version Checker / Nexerelin's built-in version might show otherwise) is 1.4.2.

You can download the version you would prefer to use, from the following GitHub page:

https://github.com/scardwell15/ExoticaTechnologies/releases/
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26