Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] Exotica Technologies v1.8.5 - updated Jan 21st  (Read 239471 times)

Mrluigi1111111

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.1.6 - UI Update
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2022, 04:03:20 AM »

hi, is the starting bandwidth on ships random?
yesterday I checked my fleet from current game and my first 5x d-mod mule from outa spaca is an ultimate :D
Yes, though this can be changed in config\settings.json. It is labeled ("useRandomBandwidth":true) and the variable below it changes the default bandwidth when random is disabled.

rawkhawklives

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2022, 06:54:39 AM »

Wow! Loving the new chips and storage chest. I haven't had to pay for a single upgrade, just been stealing it from the local wildlife and that is awesome! It isn't perfect, sometimes it stores them automatically and sometimes it has to be done manually and the interface for that seems to undock you from port, which is annoying but I just don't do that at port anymore. Really impressed, though. The UI is a bit clunky, but more than serviceable. Lots of small improvements over time and I straight up barely recognize this came from ESR in the first place. The balance is astounding. Love having tons of incremental upgrades across the fleet. They add up if you take the time to get little sensor upgrades and cost decreases without pushing the downsides. Meanwhile pushing hard into an upgrade still makes for a strong, balanced ship while still letting you use other modded hullmods, powerful modded ships, and other modded systems to make absolutely lethal ships.

Great mod, its only ever getting better.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2022, 09:54:40 AM »

hey president! sorry to pester but this is probably a minor concern, but i run my game at my native resolution which is 3840x2160. and the new ui for the exotica tech stretches vertically off screen top and bottom. cant really post a pic due to file size restrictions. but if you run 4k you should have the same issue. just thought i would mention it, thanks!

i don't have access to a 4K monitor but i'm rewriting the UI, so we'll see how it works after that

Uttrik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2022, 06:39:05 AM »

I'm unsure if this is a bug or if it is intended, but Infernal Engines is not giving my base burn 7 ship +2 burn at max rank.  The Infernal Engines upgrade at level 10 increases burn by 30%.  130% of 7 is 9.1.  However, in-game lists the bonus at +1, giving a total of 8 burn instead of 9. 

Okay, while I was typing this, I did some more testing.  Is the actual burn bonus of the Infernal Engine 2% per level instead of the displayed 3%?  On an 8 burn ship, upgrading it to level 4 Infernal Engines has the fleet window show the burn speed as 9, but it has no parentheses bonus displayed (no bonus makes sense, as at level 4, the burn speed should be 8.96).  Upon exiting all menus and going back to the main screen, checking the fleet viewer shows the burn speed has returned to 8.  However, at level 5, when the bonus should push the burn speed to 9.2, the same issue occurs.  It isn't until level 7 (9.44) that the ship gains the (+1) display and the 9 burn speed becomes active.  All other stats related to the positive and negative bonuses for Infernal Engines appear to be working correctly, at least according to the stats page.  So it's either some weird bug that doesn't seem to be an issue for the other stats, or it's only a 2% increase per level.  this makes sense as the 7 speed ship would not reach 9 speed at level 10, and the 8 speed ship would hit 8.96 at level 6 and 9.12 at level 7 going by 2% per level.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 06:45:18 AM by Uttrik »

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2022, 10:18:50 AM »

On multi-section ships, the Alpha Subcore hidden hullmod is only installed on the main section. It's still listed in the tooltip of the Exotica hullmod for the other sections however.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2022, 10:21:41 AM »

I'm unsure if this is a bug or if it is intended, but Infernal Engines is not giving my base burn 7 ship +2 burn at max rank.  The Infernal Engines upgrade at level 10 increases burn by 30%.  130% of 7 is 9.1.  However, in-game lists the bonus at +1, giving a total of 8 burn instead of 9. 

Okay, while I was typing this, I did some more testing.  Is the actual burn bonus of the Infernal Engine 2% per level instead of the displayed 3%?  On an 8 burn ship, upgrading it to level 4 Infernal Engines has the fleet window show the burn speed as 9, but it has no parentheses bonus displayed (no bonus makes sense, as at level 4, the burn speed should be 8.96).  Upon exiting all menus and going back to the main screen, checking the fleet viewer shows the burn speed has returned to 8.  However, at level 5, when the bonus should push the burn speed to 9.2, the same issue occurs.  It isn't until level 7 (9.44) that the ship gains the (+1) display and the 9 burn speed becomes active.  All other stats related to the positive and negative bonuses for Infernal Engines appear to be working correctly, at least according to the stats page.  So it's either some weird bug that doesn't seem to be an issue for the other stats, or it's only a 2% increase per level.  this makes sense as the 7 speed ship would not reach 9 speed at level 10, and the 8 speed ship would hit 8.96 at level 6 and 9.12 at level 7 going by 2% per level.

actually was problem with me using the wrong stat. i used TURN RATE stat by accident as burn level, and vice-versa. it's fixed in latest, and to compensate the burn rate buff was set to 30% at max instead of 20%

On multi-section ships, the Alpha Subcore hidden hullmod is only installed on the main section. It's still listed in the tooltip of the Exotica hullmod for the other sections however.

hopefully will be able to fix this one

Greatgreengoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2022, 06:21:40 AM »

This mod is AMAZING, thank you for making it. Its one of my must have mods now
"There is no absolute truth in the universe, but in saying so this must also be false"

Uttrik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2022, 02:01:01 AM »

actually was problem with me using the wrong stat. i used TURN RATE stat by accident as burn level, and vice-versa. it's fixed in latest, and to compensate the burn rate buff was set to 30% at max instead of 20%

Perfect.  Eagerly awaiting the next update.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2022, 09:51:08 AM »

new UI progress. it's advanced a little bit from this point but nothing special
couple more things to touch up before release

kadu522

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2022, 12:36:26 PM »

This UI already looks 5x cleaner then the current one! Looking foward to updateing!  ;D
A Gameplay lover

ChristophHRO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2022, 02:07:49 PM »

Very nice, but as a tiny request, if you change it, can you make it that we dont have to scroll through it? Would be like two steps forward and one step back.

Love your mod, cheers!

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2022, 03:00:28 PM »

Very nice, but as a tiny request, if you change it, can you make it that we dont have to scroll through it? Would be like two steps forward and one step back.

Love your mod, cheers!
I'd argue that removing menu scrolling discriminates against those users with displays that can't go above 1280x1024 (which I would consider the absolute minimum for Starsector), though my current LCD IS 1080p-capable.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2022, 10:57:45 AM »

Love your mod, cheers!

I'd argue that removing menu scrolling discriminates against those users with displays that can't go above 1280x1024 (which I would consider the absolute minimum for Starsector), though my current LCD IS 1080p-capable.

as an aside before i talk about the update, i designed the entirety of the new UI on the lowest resolution available to the game. i want as many people as possible to use my mod. there's also no way i could implement the UI without a scrollbar given enough ships or upgrades, at least not usably.

that being said, the update is out now

new UI!
upgrades now configuration-based so you can make them as overpowered as you want them to be! who cares about balance?!? also mods can implement their own too.
iron shell now has an upgrade.

https://github.com/scardwell15/ExoticaTechnologies/releases/tag/v1.2.4
https://github.com/scardwell15/ExoticaTechnologies/releases/download/v1.2.4/Exotica-Technologies-v1.2.4.zip
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 10:59:59 AM by presidentmattdamon »

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.2.4 - UI Update 2!!!
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2022, 03:06:55 PM »

With the new update, there is a strange interaction compared to the previous patch. In modular ships (like Cathedral-Class) the exotic "Hacked Missile Forge" in patch 1.1.6, would replenish the missiles from the non-central parts of the ship, but in this latest patch 1.2.4 it is not the case any longer.

kadu522

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.2.4 - UI Update 2!!!
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2022, 01:39:01 AM »

Speaking of oddity's. the upgrade menu is not showing cost's for any of the upgrades except chip insertion and ship quality upgrades. likely some weird UI quirk that is not updateing when you hover the mouse in a upgrade option.
A Gameplay lover
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26