Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] Exotica Technologies v1.8.5 - updated Jan 21st  (Read 241635 times)

Katsumi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.0.11
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2022, 05:07:57 AM »

Great idea, poor implementation. All of my exotics and upgrades on all of my ships randomly disappear. Replaced them 3 times on my flagship already and it keeps happening. Completely useless.

I can second having this issue, but it's very inconsistent for me. It doesn't happen to all of my ships, and it doesn't happen often. Just every now and again. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.0.11
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2022, 04:59:55 PM »

Great idea, poor implementation. All of my exotics and upgrades on all of my ships randomly disappear. Replaced them 3 times on my flagship already and it keeps happening. Completely useless.

I can second having this issue, but it's very inconsistent for me. It doesn't happen to all of my ships, and it doesn't happen often. Just every now and again. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it.

update soon that *might* prevent this. not sure. need some people to test it on the unofficial discord before i release because it very extensively rewrites how enemy fleets generate their own modifications to make heavily S-Modded fleets also have tons of exotica mods as well.

Raudskeggr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2022, 12:44:23 PM »

So you've played ESR and are wondering what's changed and new with ET; Peek and behold!

Spoiler
Firstly, the fundamentals are the same. Get ship, upgrade ship in different ways, find exotics through exploring ruins and stations to get particularly powerful improvements that you know and love. But the devil is in the details;

Bandwidth - Has replaced Quality and functions the same. Pay cash to make it so you can mod your ship further.
Upgrades - Are the biggest overhaul by far. Gone are the no brain picks that make your ship systems cooldown faster, instead replaced by a system of great gains at small losses.

As you can see, Infernal Engines is a net gain but in a focused direction with a downside. You are trading decelerating and increased fuel consumption (with handy actual numbers for when those rise high enough) for increased accelerating, turning, burn level and speed. Similar to how the exotic upgrades sometimes had trade offs; all upgrades are like this now. President Matt Damon is working on future upgrades so don't expect this to be it, but the core upgrades are solid. I highly recommend forced overtime for your frigates and commissioned crews for your civilian ships once you're rolling around in cash. Infernal Engines are amazing for your slow capital ships that you don't care to decelerate on, or on your fast hit-and-run ships that don't brawl and veer away.

Exotics - As I said, are similar to what you might have already seen. They can also be removed from ships with a story point now which brings me to another big change;
Enemy ships now can come with upgrades and exotics! Hope you're ready to run into Dominators with a spooled feeder! I wasn't! I hated it! On the plus side you can now rip out their upgrades into a chip to install them onto your own!

Finally lets talk about Scanning fleets. When fleet dialogue appears, you might see extra dialogue mentioning that the "Other fleet appears modified". Open coms with them and you will get an extra option to scan them. This will open up a similar ship menu as upgrading to let you pick ships your interested in seeing how they are modified.
[close]

Obviously this a huge update the now renamed Exotica Technologies! Hit President Matt Damon up with questions and bug reports, I am certain I didn't get them all, but I wanted to share a survival guide for this new incarnation!

What mod is that black apogee from?

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2022, 01:01:01 PM »

What mod is that black apogee from?

Machina Void Shipyards

Raudskeggr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.0.12
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2022, 01:36:57 PM »

Thank you!

ciph

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2022, 03:00:33 AM »

Hi guys, I love the idea of this mod. But where can I start upgrade my ship? Sorry for my noob question

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2022, 10:45:18 AM »

@ciph
Markets (not sure if they need heavy industry for that) should have an option to visit the local branch of Exotica Technologies. Click Market (Planet, Station...), you will see the usual trade, visit bar options and so on, somewhere further down should be "visit local branch of Exotica Technologies" or something like that.

Edit: pic, random market without heavy industry

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 10:58:08 AM by Dadada »

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.0.12 - UI Update
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2022, 05:29:06 PM »

hello i hvae updated the mod to v1.1.0. this adds a fairly extensive shop interface

try it out

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2022, 01:02:21 PM »

Anyone having issues spawning IBB fleets (Think that feature is from Nexerelin or Locked and Loaded) since newest update? Have one fleet that pops up when I spawn it (accept mission) game crashes. this mod is only real thing that has changed since last time I spawned this fleet successfully, or last time i spawned an IBB fleet at all really. (IBB is International Bounty Board i believe)

Draconas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2022, 02:23:35 PM »

I found an Issue with new GUI, it can't handle similar ships. I have 4 Ebisu (L)s battlecarriers from Musashi mod, installed all 4 with both sensor upgrades. however game only recognizes the upgrades on 1 ship, proof is that only 1 has hullmod for exotica tech.

I was able to fix it by removing the 1 Ebisu that had the hullmod for Exotica Tech and upgrading bandwidth for each other Ebisu in turn.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 02:31:10 PM by Draconas »

TheProtagonists

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2022, 12:45:35 AM »

Anyone having issues spawning IBB fleets (Think that feature is from Nexerelin or Locked and Loaded) since newest update? Have one fleet that pops up when I spawn it (accept mission) game crashes. this mod is only real thing that has changed since last time I spawned this fleet successfully, or last time i spawned an IBB fleet at all really. (IBB is International Bounty Board i believe)

Can confirm I also have this problem, the game freezes indefinitely when accepting certain IBB missions with no error messages in the log.

foxunit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2022, 01:36:46 AM »

Like the new interface!

Question, I was poking around a bit because I wanted to change the max bandwidth and found  "public static final float MAX_BANDWIDTH" however making changes to this doesn't seem to do anything. Is there another place where I have to change it?

ChristophHRO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2022, 02:51:36 AM »

Could upgrade commissioned crew to level 27 on Hiigaran capital logistic vessel with no effect(Edit: after load it shows it now?!), had just one of it.

Had also two similar ships and upgraded them with also no effect at all.

And yeah the new interface looks good!

EDIT:

Or is this working as intended?

https://imgur.com/a/wjRLyID

« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 12:18:14 PM by ChristophHRO »

foxunit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2022, 03:19:45 AM »

Upgrade caps dont seem to work. Could go way past the limit of 10.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2022, 02:55:57 PM »

Could upgrade commissioned crew to level 27 on Hiigaran capital logistic vessel with no effect(Edit: after load it shows it now?!), had just one of it.

Had also two similar ships and upgraded them with also no effect at all.

And yeah the new interface looks good!

EDIT:

Or is this working as intended?

https://imgur.com/a/wjRLyID

it's not working as intended, i'm just an idiot lole
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26