Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] Exotica Technologies v1.8.5 - updated Jan 21st  (Read 240999 times)

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.2.16 - New Upgrades!!! And Hotfixes!!!
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2023, 04:31:52 PM »

update!!!!

RazorTS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2023, 08:38:00 PM »

Remove/strip all button really needed as it takes a while to find equipment/upgrades and remove them.

DVeL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2023, 05:01:44 AM »

On ships with multiple modules (like Epattcud X) "Alpha Subcore" does not provide weapon cost reduction for modules other than main.
Also sometimes I noticed that "Exotica Technologies" hullmod disappears from some modules (not all, just some, that is weird). Haven't figured out the conditions for this yet.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2023, 10:23:12 AM »

On ships with multiple modules (like Epattcud X) "Alpha Subcore" does not provide weapon cost reduction for modules other than main.
Also sometimes I noticed that "Exotica Technologies" hullmod disappears from some modules (not all, just some, that is weird). Haven't figured out the conditions for this yet.

modules are difficult in starsector, will have a closer look if i get time.

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2023, 01:34:44 AM »

Do you have any documentation regarding making your own set of upgrades? I think I've identified the files I need to edit, but I'd like to make sure before I try anything. I'm also pretty sure one of the files contains all the stat IDs used to define what stats can/will be modified, but it doesn't look like it has a couple of (weapon-based) stats I'd like to use (namely, ammo/magazine).

I'm trying to see if I can sorta make a weird mash-up of your intentions for balance with ESR's "balance ::)? LOL ;D" legacy. (Or I'll just give up and make something more inline with ESR's OPness. Guess it'll depend on my mood with how I want my endgame to be like and how much effort I feel like putting in...) I really like ET's UI/UX compared to ESR's and I liked ESR making SS feel more like a typical RPG with the stat boosts. Above all, ET looks WAY easier to customize compared to ESR (ET's methodology is straight-forward, from the looks of it).

Well, plus, you know, the ongoing support for ET going forward versus ESR's deprecation. ::)

If you don't have any documentation, I'll just poke around on my own with a stripped down SS install at some point. (Got too many mods on my current install; takes a while to start-up.) Though the "missing"(?) stats will hinder my plans.

Thanks in advance either way!

Sapfearon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2023, 02:49:35 PM »

so...fairly sure i narrowed down which mod caused me memory leaks and sometimes just freezing game...
Yeah. it's Exotica.

What's worse - i had no problems with at least 2 different previous versions, but new fancy one just stops me from playing. Can't post any logs since game just freezes.

Havox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2023, 06:28:02 AM »

Anyone else having problems with the Overcharged shield mod? It works as it should at the start of a new game, but at some point it just stops giving an increase to shield arc. My Monitors with 360 shields at level 5 Overcharged shield, somehow gets a 301 arc instead. It stops working for all ships ofcourse, but my immortal Monitors dying in battles is how I noticed this x)

Terviren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2023, 08:27:08 PM »

Any way to add specific upgrades to the inventory through console? Sometimes (due to a bug from some other mod I had not pinned down) I have to store and retrieve my ships through "storage" console command (stores them in the Asharu abandoned terraforming platform), and they tend to lose their Exotica mods and randomize bandwidth when I retrieve them, and if I don't have enough exotics to re-mod them, I'm SOL.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2023, 08:41:24 PM »

Any way to add specific upgrades to the inventory through console? Sometimes (due to a bug from some other mod I had not pinned down) I have to store and retrieve my ships through "storage" console command (stores them in the Asharu abandoned terraforming platform), and they tend to lose their Exotica mods and randomize bandwidth when I retrieve them, and if I don't have enough exotics to re-mod them, I'm SOL.

i'll take this as a bug report that ships are losing upgrades

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2023, 09:55:32 PM »

that being said i'd like you to check that you're on the absolute latest version because i doubt variant tags disappear

Terviren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2023, 03:42:17 AM »

that being said i'd like you to check that you're on the absolute latest version because i doubt variant tags disappear

Nope, was on 1.1.6. Updated it, thanks.

It's fairly inconsistent: once I had all stored ships lose upgrades, once I had no ships lose upgrades at all. If something in that department changed since 1.1.6, it's possible it's just fixed now. Perhaps it treats the ships as new if they were stored on a station I haven't actually interacted with in a while, aside from "storage" command?

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2023, 08:07:11 AM »

Nope, was on 1.1.6. Updated it, thanks.

It's fairly inconsistent: once I had all stored ships lose upgrades, once I had no ships lose upgrades at all. If something in that department changed since 1.1.6, it's possible it's just fixed now. Perhaps it treats the ships as new if they were stored on a station I haven't actually interacted with in a while, aside from "storage" command?

the mod as a whole has changed quite a bit since that update. i'm happy to hear it was save-compatible
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 07:27:33 PM by presidentmattdamon »

pepemattos21

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2023, 03:59:24 PM »

So, I dont know if you thought of this, but if possible I think it would be a cool idea to add a "fuse" option to fuse chips.
If it was like 10-lvx chips to make 1-lvx+1 chip I think it would be fair.

AustinK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2023, 04:43:00 AM »

When I try to install Phasefield engine exotic, it just says 'cannot install' even though its phase ship. I disabled all other mods and its still same. Is it work in progress content?

Fordo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2023, 02:10:42 PM »

Has anyone else noticed their inventory getting all shifted around sometimes? I'm pretty sure it's Exotica Technologies doing it, it only started once I installed. Items and stacks in the left columns of my inventory end up on the right, things go up a row, left a column, etc. If I had to guess it's some side-effect of the little exotica tech "chest" getting filled up from the individual chips that are only briefly in your cargo, though I haven't kept track of whether it only happens when the chips are involved or if it does it when regular salvage.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26