Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: [0.96a] Exotica Technologies v1.8.5 - updated Jan 21st  (Read 241228 times)

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.2.4 - UI Update 2!!!
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2022, 08:56:26 AM »

Speaking of oddity's. the upgrade menu is not showing cost's for any of the upgrades except chip insertion and ship quality upgrades. likely some weird UI quirk that is not updateing when you hover the mouse in a upgrade option.

fixed, my bad. just updated the main post

VeresTheRed

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.2.5 - UI Update 2!!!
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2022, 11:10:49 AM »

Made a new save with 1.2.5 to double check, and Phasefield Engine does not seem to show up in the installation list for phase ships.

Update: Checked the source files and it appears the Phasefield Engine exotic checks for the PHASE Hint on a ship before appearing in the installation list. Looking at an unmodified ship_data.csv this Hint is not used by the base game phase ships, however adding it does allow you to install a Phasefield Engine.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 02:25:56 PM by VeresTheRed »

Wice111

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2022, 05:27:27 AM »

Can you make hacked missile autoforge affect other types of weapon mounts as well?

gogochlwns

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2022, 02:04:08 PM »

In the current version, modifying the "Sooled Feeders" setting does not apply, and "Advanced Flux Coils" cannot be obtained from enemies at all.

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2022, 09:08:01 PM »

How do I add the Exotic Modifications?

I manged to collect a few, but the U option only allow the purchase of additional bandwidth...

Edit: Have to click on the button again to change to the actual modifiers, was very easy to miss.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 08:13:50 AM by Donahue »

Nausk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2022, 06:33:49 AM »

I don't know why but, exotica chips stopped going into the crate on my new campaign, i added a few mods but I doubt they would have anything to do with it (Trailer moments, QoL pack, Planet Search, Combat chatter). Tried turning them off but still the crate stays empty and chips just stack up in my inventory.

Edit: And now they just went and put themselves in the crate after playing for a few hours, weird, but I guess problem solved lol.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 09:18:10 AM by Nausk »

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.2.6 - UI Update 2!!!
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2022, 07:44:36 PM »

1.2.6 newest update, fixes faction upgrades not appearing

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2022, 11:55:20 PM »

Tried out 1.2.6, the exotics config file doesn't seem to be reflected on the upgrade UI.

Also, the hacked missile forge config variable names don't line up with what the in-game UI seems to state. It has the two variables "secondsBetweenReload": 90 and "percentReloaded": 50.0, but the in-game UI states that it'll do a full reload every 60 seconds (with a 50% penalty to maximum ammo)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 09:02:17 PM by Countable »

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2022, 12:20:58 AM »

Tried out 1.2.6, the exotics config file doesn't seem to be reflected on the upgrade UI.

Also, the, the hacked missile forge config variable names don't line up with what the in-game UI seems to state. It has the two variables "secondsBetweenReload": 90 and "percentReloaded": 50.0, but the in-game UI states that it'll do a full reload every 60 seconds (with a 50% penalty to maximum ammo)

that is because the exotics.json is not used any more, sorry.

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2022, 09:10:04 PM »

Also, the, the hacked missile forge config variable names don't line up with what the in-game UI seems to state. It has the two variables "secondsBetweenReload": 90 and "percentReloaded": 50.0, but the in-game UI states that it'll do a full reload every 60 seconds (with a 50% penalty to maximum ammo)

Is that just for exotics.json or are all the config files no longer in use?

Assuming they're all deprecated, I see that in just the previous 1.2.4 version, the changelog mentions the addition of configuration options, assuming it's not the aforementioned config .json files, is there some other location to tune the mod options outside of editing and recompiling the source files?

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2022, 10:30:15 PM »

Is that just for exotics.json or are all the config files no longer in use?

Assuming they're all deprecated, I see that in just the previous 1.2.4 version, the changelog mentions the addition of configuration options, assuming it's not the aforementioned config .json files, is there some other location to tune the mod options outside of editing and recompiling the source files?

upgrades.json is used as all upgrades are configuration-based
exotics.json is used only for knowing which exotics to load and what their names and keys are. no settings are loaded otherwise from that file.

CountV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 04, 2022, 11:52:09 PM »

Noted, thanks for the clearing it up.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 05, 2022, 01:24:36 PM »

Noted, thanks for the clearing it up.

i'll note though that i'm pretty open to suggestions as long as they're well balanced. it's been difficult to find new ideas for the Hangar Forge specifically, along with the Drive Flux Vent.

hangar forge is just a stat buff for carriers and has no real downside nor is the concept particularly interesting
drive flux vent is also purely a buff and has no downside

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.2.7 - New Upgrades!!!
« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2023, 11:17:05 AM »

updated to 1.2.7, full changelog available at github

as always let me know if there's any bugs or features you'd like tosee

DVeL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Exotica Technologies v1.2.7 - New Upgrades!!!
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2023, 01:31:41 PM »

I have a bug with "Hacked Missile Forge". It works only with missiles that are placed in missile slots. But weapons in universal and synergy slots do not get ammo reduction and regeneration.

Browsed the code and found this fragment:

Code
private boolean shouldAffectWeapon(WeaponAPI weapon) {
        return weapon.getAmmoTracker() != null
                && weapon.getAmmoTracker().usesAmmo()
                && weapon.getAmmoTracker().getAmmoPerSecond() == 0f
                && weapon.getSlot().getWeaponType().equals(WeaponAPI.WeaponType.MISSILE);
}

I suspect "weapon.getSlot()" is the problem.
According to https://fractalsoftworks.com/starfarer.api/com/fs/starfarer/api/combat/WeaponAPI.html, WeaponAPI has a getType() method.
May be using "weapon.getType().equals(WeaponAPI.WeaponType.MISSILE)" would solve the problem.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 01:35:58 PM by DVeL »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26