Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is there a mod that has ships and fights that only focuses on fighters?  (Read 1680 times)

MadDany

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Like what we see in Star Wars

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile

Not really sure about *only* focusing on them, but Diable Avionics is very fighter focused. I heard Arma Armatura is as well with pilotable fighters or something but I never tried it. Dassault-Mikoyan and Scalartech are also pretty carrier-heavy but they might be a bit too far from what you're looking for.

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile

How about Archean Order?

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

How about Archean Order?
I second that. Admittedly, it is a heavy conversion, rebalancing things heavily, but point defence, missiles, and fighters are emphasized quite a bit.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Fighter expansion and modern carriers add a lot of options if you want to focus on fighters. For example, the ace carrier core hullmod from modern carriers will shrink your carrier down to 1 fighter bay but the fighters in that 1 bay get massive buffs.

Diable avionics has a ship that let's you pilot a fighter squad, although it brings in a lot of mechs as an alternative option to regular fighters which may or may not interest you.
TL;DR deez nuts

Salter

• Commander
    • View Profile

Ive been playing around with a fleet that has a carrier and battlecruiser focus lately, so its very easy to run a fighter dominant fleet and win most your fights in vanilla.

Though really it ended up boiling down to throwing so many missiles and fighters at their PD they just couldn't stop torp's or sabot's, which ended up popping their shields after 60+ fighters end up corralling them into a corner. The secret really ended up being just adding alot of nav relays & expanded deck crews. Im running something like a 80% fighter replacement speed boost and a 26% speed boost for ships across the fleet, 38% with fighters, which gives them some very fast engagement speeds to where they can sometimes evade PD attacks entirely.

30% of the fighter replacment speed comes from the commissioned crews mod, which is available only to the persean league however.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 04:02:10 PM by Salter »

Kos135

• Commander
    • View Profile

Short answer, no. In Starsector, strike craft - whether they be fighters like the Broadsword, or interceptors, or bombers, they are all support craft. They are as relevant to the battle as a few turreted weapons on a ship.

That is how I think of strike craft. In terms of narrative they are crafts unto themselves, but in terms of function they are just another type of weapon.
You cannot trick an honest man, only a villain will fall for it.

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

How about Archean Order?
/thread

it's pretty fun [6500 armor shunted onslaught levels of fun] but a lot of mods don't work with it because almost every ship got changed. fighters errwhere tho