Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [0.97a] Scan Those Gates (v1.5.7)  (Read 89972 times)

Proxima-b

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Scan Those Gates (v1.4.1)
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2022, 02:03:24 AM »

It would be nice to have an option of scan all the gates instantly during the playthru.

AERO

• Ensign
  • Discord: aero.assault
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2022, 02:00:43 PM »

It would be nice to have an option of scan all the gates instantly during the playthru.
A new update is on the way soon that will let users trigger the gate scan whenever they want (as long as scanning gates is allowed, which means either after completing all of the Galatian Academy quests or using a mod that lets you skip the story), along with a few other features. If you meant scanning all gates, including ones in systems with no markets, that's already an option, just check the settings.json file!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 02:02:53 PM by AERO »

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2022, 03:17:38 PM »

Update v1.5.0 released. An ability is now used to trigger the gate scan. Two new scanning abilities are available.

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Scan Those Gates (v1.5.0)
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2022, 10:55:49 PM »

Sir, can you allow me to update this mod to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.

Sure, you have my permission.

Sir, due to the new added text in V1.5.0. Can I translate this mod and update?

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2022, 04:03:35 AM »

Sir, can you allow me to update this mod to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.

Sure, you have my permission.

Sir, due to the new added text in V1.5.0. Can I translate this mod and update?

Of course, go ahead. If I do end up adding any further updates to this mod, feel free to translate those without needing to ask permission.

plebianweeb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2022, 10:46:58 AM »

Hello i love your mod but can you make the megastructers tab work without the usage of scan every hypershunt abilty so it adds the shunts and cryos whenever i discover one ?

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2022, 02:42:55 PM »

Hello i love your mod but can you make the megastructers tab work without the usage of scan every hypershunt abilty so it adds the shunts and cryos whenever i discover one ?
I'll look into it, but if you don't have it already, Captain's Log will do that. My mod just has it's own intel tab (that doesn't interfere with the one from Captain's Log) to avoid dependencies.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 02:45:52 PM by AERO »

KevNZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2022, 01:24:33 AM »

A new update is on the way soon that will let users trigger the gate scan whenever they want (as long as scanning gates is allowed, which means either after completing all of the Galatian Academy quests or using a mod that lets you skip the story), along with a few other features. If you meant scanning all gates, including ones in systems with no markets, that's already an option, just check the settings.json file!

I've just completed the Academy quest arc. and the scan buttons havn't shown up in my bar options yet.

I know for a fact that the mod is working, because if I skip the story on a new game the buttons are present.

Is there any way to trigger the buttons through console? or am I just SOL?

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2022, 11:20:07 AM »

I've just completed the Academy quest arc. and the scan buttons havn't shown up in my bar options yet.

I know for a fact that the mod is working, because if I skip the story on a new game the buttons are present.

Is there any way to trigger the buttons through console? or am I just SOL?

As in, the abilities aren't there in the list of things you can add to the ability hotbar at all? That's definitely not intended, they should appear regardless of how the game is started, since they are checked for and added if not preset every time a game is loaded. I'll look into it. You can use the following runcode through console to add them:

If you start a game, and the abilities are not available to you, use the runcode command in this spoiler to add them (requires the Console Commands mod).
RunCode Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAbility("stg_GateScanner"); Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAbility("stg_HypershuntScanner"); Global.getSector().getCharacterData().addAbility("stg_CryosleeperScanner");
[close]

EDIT: I've tested it again with no story skip enabled, the abilities were available on my hotbar from the very start, and the gate scan became available as soon as I finished the Galatia quests. So it's just the usual bug where sometimes abilities don't get added (I have no clue why). Use the runcode I provided to fix the issue. If anyone else has the same question, I also added it to the main post.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 02:44:29 PM by AERO »

KevNZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2022, 04:13:35 PM »

Thanks Aero. I'll test it out later.

Edit: Worked like a charm!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 04:31:30 PM by KevNZ »

Blululu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2023, 06:36:35 PM »

Hey Aero, I love the concept of the mod, I'm having some issues with your code to add the abilities if they done automatically show up, I'm getting an error as follows;

org.codehaus.commons.compiler.compileexception: line 1, column 18: A method names "getsector"is not declared in any enclosing class nor any super type, nor through static import

Any idea what might be going on?

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2023, 06:56:21 PM »

Hey Aero, I love the concept of the mod, I'm having some issues with your code to add the abilities if they done automatically show up, I'm getting an error as follows;

org.codehaus.commons.compiler.compileexception: line 1, column 18: A method names "getsector"is not declared in any enclosing class nor any super type, nor through static import

Any idea what might be going on?
Did you copy and paste the command, or type it yourself? The capitalization is important to making it work correctly. Your error message suggests that you typed "getsector", which is not a valid method, but the command uses "getSector", which is valid.

Blululu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2023, 07:21:46 PM »

Ach, I must have missed the capital when typing, all working now, thank you!

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2023, 01:37:30 PM »

Update v1.5.1 released, Cryosleepers and Hypershunts found while exploring will now be added to the 'Megastructures' Intel tab.

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Scan Those Gates (v1.5.2)
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2023, 02:28:17 PM »

Update v1.5.2 released, updated for 0.96a and refactored packages
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5