Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [0.97a] Scan Those Gates (v1.5.7)  (Read 90036 times)

AERO

• Ensign
  • Discord: aero.assault
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Scan Those Gates (v1.5.7)
« on: May 26, 2022, 10:35:46 AM »

Scan Those Gates adds three abilities.

Remote Gate Scan: scans all gates in systems with at least one non-hidden (not pirate/pather base) market, and adds the scanned gates to the intel screen. Settings.json options are available to change the ability to also reveal gates in marketless systems or activate them.

Remote Hypershunt Survey: scans all Coronal Hypershunts in the sector, adds their location to the intel screen under the "Megastructures" tab, and adds markers to the intel map.

Remote Cryosleeper Survey: scans all Cryosleepers in the sector, adds their location to the intel screen under the "Megastructures" tab, and adds markers to the intel map.

If the mod is added after a game has been started, the abilities will be automatically added. Scan Those Gates can be safely removed from an active game by running the console command "RemoveScanThoseGates", saving the game, and then removing the mod.

This mod has LunaSettings integration, but it is optional. However, it will not work with a LunaLib version less than v1.7.4. If you want to use this mod with LunaLib, make sure it is up to date.

Credits:
stormbringer951 - Allowing me to use code from Captain's Log to remove the dependency it was going to have.
Wispborne, Timid, SafariJohn and ruddygreat - Answering my questions and helping with bugfixing

« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 04:06:24 PM by AERO »

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Scan Those Gates (v1.1)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 11:49:07 AM »

v1.1 released, fixed crashes caused by gates added by mods that do not have expected gateData. Adds error logging

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Scan Those Gates (v1.1)
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 02:36:47 AM »

thank you kind sir

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Scan Those Gates (v1.2)
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 03:44:16 PM »

v1.2 released, added version checker integration.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 05:39:36 PM »

when you say "that don't have inactive in them" does that mean all the gates in the core/modded systems? so only gates in undiscovered systems remain unscanned?

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Scan Those Gates (v1.3)
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2022, 06:21:16 PM »

v1.3: Fixed a crash caused by not having Nexerelin enabled, added support for the Skip Story mod.

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 06:22:52 PM »

ok thx for the answer. honestly i've been waiting for a mod like this for some time. after having explored everything in those systems sometimes i just want to start with the gates unlocked..
Currently, the mod checks the names of the gates to determine what gets scanned. All of the core system gates are named after the system they are in, so they get scanned. The procedurally generated gates are called "Inactive Gate" so they do not get scanned. This makes it so it will also scan gates that are added by mods that create custom systems.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 05:20:04 PM by AERO »

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2022, 06:30:46 PM »

ok thx for the answer. honestly i've been waiting for a mod like this for some time. after having explored everything in those systems sometimes i just want to start with the gates unlocked..

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2022, 09:48:30 PM »

Sir, can you allow me to update this mod to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 03:46:31 PM »

Sir, can you allow me to update this mod to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.

Sure, you have my permission.

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2022, 09:58:23 PM »

Sir, I have a problem.
Will this mod work unusually if inactive gate's name is not "Inactive Gate" in other localization?

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2022, 08:07:14 AM »

Sir, I have a problem.
Will this mod work unusually if inactive gate's name is not "Inactive Gate" in other localization?

There are a few things that could cause it to not work properly. The mod checks for the presence of either 'nexerelin' or 'skipStory' in the mod manager before doing anything, so if those mods have a different id in your localization, that would cause the mod to do nothing. Another issue is the method used to scan the gates, if it cannot find 'Inactive' in the name of gates, it will scan every gate it finds.

The source code is included with the download in the jars folder as a src.7z file if you would like to compile it yourself. Alternatively, I could help with that if you provide me with the characters used for 'Inactive' in the localization, and the mod ID from translated versions of Nexerelin and Skip Story

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Scan Those Gates (v1.4)
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2022, 11:07:52 AM »

v1.4 update released. Functionality changed to scan all gates (at save start) that are located in systems with at least one non-hidden market at save start when Nexerelin Skip Story or the Skip Story mod is enabled (hidden markets are pirate/pather bases).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 05:21:51 PM by AERO »

aurafort

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Scan Those Gates (v1.4)
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2022, 11:39:04 PM »

thank you for the update!

AERO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Scan Those Gates (v1.4.1)
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2022, 05:03:06 PM »

v1.4.1: Now adds scanned gates to the intel screen. Options are available in the settings.json for adding inactive gates to intel or scanning inactive gates during game startup.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5