Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Orbital Fusion Lamp - question  (Read 2000 times)

Cpt.Deez.Nutz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Orbital Fusion Lamp - question
« on: May 23, 2022, 12:38:46 PM »

In theory, if I sold the Orbital Fusion Lamp or Hypershunt tap (assuming that there are any AI colonies that fulfill the requirements for it to work), would AI actually use it?
I would like to increase the demand for volatiles so I can sell them for a bit more money (especially if i destroy the AI colonies that produce them in any large amount so I have the monopoly).

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Orbital Fusion Lamp - question
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 12:45:20 PM »

Yes.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Cpt.Deez.Nutz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 12:47:30 PM »

Yes.
:o
Alright, that's quite amazing, thanks for the answer  ;D

Antelope Syrup

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 01:12:22 PM »

This is genius. Im taking this idea.
:)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 01:12:52 PM »

The tap adds +8 interest to the colony.  If the size 4+ planet did not have a Pather cell before, it will be afflicted by one after it installs the tap.

I have considered selling the tap to an enemy precisely to sabotage said enemy colony by proxy.

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 02:29:53 PM »

If I remember right, this could also be used to induce a permanent shortage on an enemy planet or something like that, for maximum trading fun. You have to sell it on the regular (not black) market of a planet that already has the industry the item would go into, for this to work.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 02:55:18 PM »

If I remember right, this could also be used to induce a permanent shortage on an enemy planet or something like that, for maximum trading fun. You have to sell it on the regular (not black) market of a planet that already has the industry the item would go into, for this to work.
That was what I thought very shortly after writing the items off for my use after when I saw the requirements (9 with AI core or 10 without).  If it requires extreme min-maxing to meet demand yourself (and forcing whack-a-mole Pathers and other annoyances), then NPCs would be similarly crippled if they try to use it but cannot meet demand (or defend themselves from Pather cells).

It is a shame when a colony item's safest use to benefit the player is to give it to an enemy and cripple it.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 10:28:09 AM »

The lamp is perfectly fine even when not fully supplied. You just get a smaller benefit, still better than not having a lamp at all.