Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: what's the story behind your profile picture?  (Read 549 times)

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
what's the story behind your profile picture?
« on: May 19, 2022, 08:29:55 AM »

mine is an old meme, that me and the bois used as a template back in the day.
often times i use a pfp of my favorite character from my childhood video game but i decided not too this time.

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: what's the story behind your profile picture?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 11:05:54 AM »

Not really much, I liked the manga (A Silent Voice/Koe no Katachi) and her character and she has hearing aids that look similar to the ones I wear
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 11:29:21 AM »

Network television style censorship always cracks me up.  Joe Pesci telling guys in a gangster flick, "what the heck is so goshdarn funny about me, do I look like some kinda funny clown to you, monkey fellow?"  That is frickin hilarious.  Or John Goodman beating the crap out of the wrong car while yelling about installing a screen door on a submarine.

So my avatar is a cropped scan from a Mad Magazine caricature of Joe Pesci calling somebody a monkey fellow on network television.  For whatever reason, sometimes when I'm marking out in an ecstasy of fanboyism it changes to that one picture of the orc from Deff Skwadron seeing the boss's secret weapon for the first time.

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 08:47:37 AM »

Thought this character looked like witch Seinfeld