Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.97a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.5 "Bloatening"  (Read 135798 times)

Guardsmen83

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.1, Revamped. Again.
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2023, 01:32:34 PM »

"NO LONGER orky-themed (sorry if you enjoyed that, GW scary" wait did gw threaten you? a starsector mod?

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2023, 03:09:54 PM »

Nah, he just rebranded before getting in troubles. Which, given how those guys seem to really "like" their license, is a pretty sound decision imo.

Indnvrkn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2023, 03:25:30 PM »

This Pack is AWESOME.

i don't know how to add the spoilers thing to stop people from seeing, so yeah, ignore whats below this, sorry

I am having one problem though. I also have console commands on my game, and used it to give me the dorndhe super dreadnought, which is super cool, but I cant control it because it is locked with station autopilot, I dont know if that is intentional or not, but is there a way to change it, I really want to use the big boi gun

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2023, 04:02:55 PM »

This Pack is AWESOME.

i don't know how to add the spoilers thing to stop people from seeing, so yeah, ignore whats below this, sorry

I am having one problem though. I also have console commands on my game, and used it to give me the dorndhe super dreadnought, which is super cool, but I cant control it because it is locked with station autopilot, I dont know if that is intentional or not, but is there a way to change it, I really want to use the big boi gun

Glad you like the mod! The Dorndhe is meant to be unaquireable by the player, and acts as a station for the Bultach homeworld. However, I am looking into how to let it act like a ship in combat, which would allow you to use it properly if spawned with console commands.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.2
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2023, 02:25:29 PM »

1.1.2 is out! Not as big as the last update, but there are some goodies.

-Ship Balance pass;

-Fixed a few oversights
-Increased the OP of the Daiche by 30
-Increased the OP of the GiĆ¹lain (P) by 20
-Increased the OP of the Fithea by 5
-Added Converted Cargo Bay to the Bruth (P)
-Increased the speed of the Dhaich by 10
-Increased the DP of the Daignich to 26
-Minor rework/resprite for the Gath
-Added Civilian Grade Hull to the Ramshackle
-Shortened Sgriosathar to just Sathar
-Added built in ITU to all of the Sathar's modules but main

-Other Changes;

-New custom portrait for Liam, by Quacken
-Added a mission that allows you to test Bultach combat vessels
-Added some custom dialogue
-Fixed a crash related to a hidden shield hullmod (Thank you Tilt!)

lifeblood1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2023, 12:00:34 AM »

Hi, really liked the ship pack and mod.I really enjoy mods with close to vanilla balancing/visual if not somewhat slightly stronger. Great visual and lore so far but a lot of stuff is not balanced. On a scale of 1-10, if vanilla ship were mostly 4 and the Paragon a 5.5, most of your ship/weapon would be a 7-8. So here is some feedback if you like, also a mini review for people who are looking for mods that can take on of the stronger mods or if someone wants something closer to vanilla.

The unsgaith missle launcher, its basically the sabot missile but better in every single way.I'll be using the base game medium sabot missile as a comparision. It has an auto loader which makes it basically infinite ammo, not to mention the base ammo is 24, which is double that of the sabot missile. The damage is 80% of the sabot, fires 1 projectile less then the base sabot but the refire rate is 4.5 vs 9 second so it almost have double the dps of the sabot if you spam fire. It outranges most missile at 2650 range, the sabot have a 1200 range and using the sabot missile as a base mean it will detonate and fire outside of PD range most of the time so you need dedicated long range flak to even shoot at it but not to mention it shoots 4 missles instead of 2 so pd would have an even harder time. So it outclass most if not all torpedoes or missile of in its weight class, I would use the medium version even if it cost 18-20 OP, but the most broken thing is that it cost 12 OP(sabot is 10). Its not even rare or anything, just a casually common weapon. So when fighting against this missile on your ships, there is basically no weakness to exploit, you can't outrange, outdamage, or overwhelm it with PD most the time. Its unfun to fight agaisnt.

Another point would be most your ship DP are lower then what they should be for their class. Your fregairt dreadnought is larger and have more guns then most battleship like a dreadnought should, but it has lower DP at 55 then a paragon(60). Then the daiche which have more guns then most light battleship/heavy cruiser but has 2 flight deck so its classified as a battle carrier? So not only its relative strength is battleship-ish but it got a DP value at 36! The Nadhmor is comparebly the most balance, but its 60speed is heavy destroyer/light cruiser speed, not what you expect from a battlecruiser. I won't even go to the heavy and super dreadnought but its basically the same. Most of the ship DP should be at least 1.3x to 2x more in DP for all the weapon slot and flux they bring.

Then as for the logistic part, making a ship super expensive like a super capital or secret special or one of a kind ship is fine but its not how you should balance common ships. Logistic don't mean much end game but for roleplay or balance, its most of an annoyance. For example, when the fregairt dreadnought has 55 mantainance montly(paragon has 60 as a reference and the conquest 40) but it also got the low mantainance hull mod built right into the hull to make it a wooping 41sup a month, it kinda defeats the purpose. A dreaughnought should be more expensive to make, keep and maintain and deploy but it isn't.

All in all, great visuals and ships(very vanilla friendly) for a mod pack but held back(or improved depending on how you like to play) by strong if not outright overpowered ships and weapons.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2023, 07:33:05 PM »

Hi, really liked the ship pack and mod.I really enjoy mods with close to vanilla balancing/visual if not somewhat slightly stronger. Great visual and lore so far but a lot of stuff is not balanced. On a scale of 1-10, if vanilla ship were mostly 4 and the Paragon a 5.5, most of your ship/weapon would be a 7-8. So here is some feedback if you like, also a mini review for people who are looking for mods that can take on of the stronger mods or if someone wants something closer to vanilla.

The unsgaith missle launcher, its basically the sabot missile but better in every single way.I'll be using the base game medium sabot missile as a comparision. It has an auto loader which makes it basically infinite ammo, not to mention the base ammo is 24, which is double that of the sabot missile. The damage is 80% of the sabot, fires 1 projectile less then the base sabot but the refire rate is 4.5 vs 9 second so it almost have double the dps of the sabot if you spam fire. It outranges most missile at 2650 range, the sabot have a 1200 range and using the sabot missile as a base mean it will detonate and fire outside of PD range most of the time so you need dedicated long range flak to even shoot at it but not to mention it shoots 4 missles instead of 2 so pd would have an even harder time. So it outclass most if not all torpedoes or missile of in its weight class, I would use the medium version even if it cost 18-20 OP, but the most broken thing is that it cost 12 OP(sabot is 10). Its not even rare or anything, just a casually common weapon. So when fighting against this missile on your ships, there is basically no weakness to exploit, you can't outrange, outdamage, or overwhelm it with PD most the time. Its unfun to fight agaisnt.

Another point would be most your ship DP are lower then what they should be for their class. Your fregairt dreadnought is larger and have more guns then most battleship like a dreadnought should, but it has lower DP at 55 then a paragon(60). Then the daiche which have more guns then most light battleship/heavy cruiser but has 2 flight deck so its classified as a battle carrier? So not only its relative strength is battleship-ish but it got a DP value at 36! The Nadhmor is comparebly the most balance, but its 60speed is heavy destroyer/light cruiser speed, not what you expect from a battlecruiser. I won't even go to the heavy and super dreadnought but its basically the same. Most of the ship DP should be at least 1.3x to 2x more in DP for all the weapon slot and flux they bring.

Then as for the logistic part, making a ship super expensive like a super capital or secret special or one of a kind ship is fine but its not how you should balance common ships. Logistic don't mean much end game but for roleplay or balance, its most of an annoyance. For example, when the fregairt dreadnought has 55 mantainance montly(paragon has 60 as a reference and the conquest 40) but it also got the low mantainance hull mod built right into the hull to make it a wooping 41sup a month, it kinda defeats the purpose. A dreaughnought should be more expensive to make, keep and maintain and deploy but it isn't.

All in all, great visuals and ships(very vanilla friendly) for a mod pack but held back(or improved depending on how you like to play) by strong if not outright overpowered ships and weapons.

I do appreciate feedback, but a lot of this is just downright wrong. Apologies if that comes off harsh.

The unsgaith is a LRM, which is why it has longer range, and it's weak if it's not massed with other ships, and also weak if used against targets smaller than a cruiser, as it often times misses when it splits. The one thing I agree with is the split range, which I will be changing to happen closer to the ship, so that it can more easily be shot down. Otherwise I've not gotten any serious complaints about the weapon being overtuned. I will however reduce the ammo slightly, in the coming patch.

The Fregairt cannot consistently take on the paragon on it's own, and simply doesn't bring as much value as the paragon does as an anchor. The DP could stand to be lower, even, from other feedback I've received. The Daiche isn't a cruiser, it's a cheaper, slower capital ship. The legion has more bays, and more firepower than the Daiche has, and it doesn't really hold it's own in capital to capital combat. That is why it's relatively cheap at 36 DP. There is absolutely no way I'm increasing any of the ship's DP by 2x. That is ridiculous. They all also have similar flux profiles to vanilla low tech, but I will be keeping a close eye on them.

The logistic part is to lean into the low tech, low maintenance scheme of things. You'll notice that the more advanced ships with fancier systems do not carry the hullmod. Only the oldest and most rugged get benefits from it, to encourage bringing the comparatively simpler ships along. This bonus also does not apply to the production or deployment of the ships, only their supply upkeep.

I'm glad that you enjoy the mod, but in the current state it's not as wildly overpowered as you claim it to be.

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2023, 03:39:39 PM »

I have to say, this mod seems pretty damn enjoyable! Honestly, the thing I like most is the added ships to the Pirates and Pathers, really giving them a little bit more of a bite at times. The guns are fun to mess about with, fighters neat if not usually my kind of thing, and the lore is fun. *** tri-tachers!

Can't wait to get jumpscared mid fleed-battle by one of the bigger ships added in, if you get my drift.

WatchWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2023, 12:07:22 AM »

I want to preface this with I very much enjoyed this mod for a while in its old form and mean no ill will with my following lament. I understand that balance is a fine line and I do see the push toward "vanilla" but I feel that they are now too weak in my eyes.

*puts on then takes off "taking off cap"*
My poor Nadhmor its been nerfed into the ground, noooooo. What was once my primary flagship doesn't even pass the onslaught test. Loosing the flux dumping mobility that let it both get in and get out while keeping solid forward facing damage. What were once sub 1000 range but decent efficiency high damage weapons are now far too inefficient to use in their previous brawely state. I lament the loss of my previous play style, and my wooshy boi. While the false one mascaraed in his name only, poor ghean wallows in d tier having lost the thing that let it compete with the likes of other 6 cost mobility frigates. Now the wolf eats his meager lunch.

In all seriousness I am most likely in the minority that prefers things to be in a vanilla +5-10% state when it comes to modded content. However what is more important is the creators vision. I really liked the fast get in and rely on a solid charge rate ability to either stay in or get out. Maybe the old Nadhmor can appear as a bounty, same with the old ghean maybe in a pack of 4? It was nice to have something that used ballistics to stand above the mainly missile and missile bomber centric end game meta you inevitably use. But I am a random voice on the internet I cant tell you what to do and frankly you shouldn't listen to me anyway. I have Excel, notepad, and just enough knoledge of Starsector mods that reality can be whatever I want. Make the best mod you enjoy making and don't let any random on the internet force you to change things. Games Workshop on the other hand ya they will send lawyers over anything so that was most likely a regrettably correct move to make. In the end make what you like balance it how you want and have a great whatever time of day your reading this.

Gift-of-Life

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2023, 05:31:35 PM »

Im confused to way this mod gives a fatal: error loading {data/missions/bt_testingrange/descriptor.json} resource, not found in {/home/deck/desktop/starsector/./mods/bultach coalition,/home/deck/desktop/starsector/./mods..............................

It's the only mod active besides Lunalib, Magiclib, Graphicslib, and Lazylib.

edit: found a fix by deleting the missions folder.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 05:55:26 PM by Gift-of-Life »

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2023, 07:18:17 PM »

Im confused to way this mod gives a fatal: error loading {data/missions/bt_testingrange/descriptor.json} resource, not found in {/home/deck/desktop/starsector/./mods/bultach coalition,/home/deck/desktop/starsector/./mods..............................

Quite strange, first time I've had this crash reported. Could be potentially fixed by just attempting another download, but deleting the folder also works, if you don't care about the mission.

Gift-of-Life

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2023, 07:31:29 PM »

Quite strange, first time I've had this crash reported. Could be potentially fixed by just attempting another download, but deleting the folder also works, if you don't care about the mission.

Don't know if i'll miss the missions since i have never done them. I have tried a second Download of the zip, but yielded the same error.

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2023, 09:10:49 AM »

i'm guessing Gift-of-Life is on linux since i'm getting the same issue. basically the mission folder name is BT_TestingRange while its reference in code is bt_testingrange. since linux is case-sensitive (unlike windows), it crashes the game. simply renaming the folder to lowercase solved the issue.

Gift-of-Life

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2023, 12:11:07 PM »

i'm guessing Gift-of-Life is on linux since i'm getting the same issue. basically the mission folder name is BT_TestingRange while its reference in code is bt_testingrange. since linux is case-sensitive (unlike windows), it crashes the game. simply renaming the folder to lowercase solved the issue.

Yes Im very much on a linux system because of my SteamDeck. For what it is, I love it. Though because its a Linux OS, im very much learning its quirks. For example would be your solution with Case-Sensitive folder names. I had not known that was an issue with the OS, even after seeing the mods reference file wording. So thanks!

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2023, 04:48:35 PM »

Yes Im very much on a linux system because of my SteamDeck. For what it is, I love it. Though because its a Linux OS, im very much learning its quirks. For example would be your solution with Case-Sensitive folder names. I had not known that was an issue with the OS, even after seeing the mods reference file wording. So thanks!

I'll have this fixed by next update, and I'll keep it in mind for future reference so I don't give linux users crashes. Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11