Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.97a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.5 "Bloatening"  (Read 131031 times)

WolfPriest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Bultach Coalition v1.0.7, yet ANOTHER Sprite overhaul
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2022, 06:33:07 AM »

Looks neat, I'll check it out.

TCA_ChinChin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2022, 03:02:01 PM »

I don't know much about balance, but it seems some cruisers and capitals are one on one better than many other low-tech/med-tech DP equivalents. This is just me messing around in simulations using AI vs AI, no officers using preset loadouts. Some of the ships systems, especially the the unlimited range EMP that targets everything?, seem kinda too good for what its mounted on. Maybe its cause of the faction weapons? Some of the DPS numbers are quite high.

Overall, I love the theme and style of the Bultach weapons/ships. Even the rebranded lore seems pretty nice to me, although its a shame GW is the way they are. Whenever I run sims now, I make sure I always test against some Bultach ships for the fun of it and cause its a really strong faction.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2022, 01:40:43 PM »

I don't know much about balance, but it seems some cruisers and capitals are one on one better than many other low-tech/med-tech DP equivalents. This is just me messing around in simulations using AI vs AI, no officers using preset loadouts. Some of the ships systems, especially the the unlimited range EMP that targets everything?, seem kinda too good for what its mounted on. Maybe its cause of the faction weapons? Some of the DPS numbers are quite high.

Overall, I love the theme and style of the Bultach weapons/ships. Even the rebranded lore seems pretty nice to me, although its a shame GW is the way they are. Whenever I run sims now, I make sure I always test against some Bultach ships for the fun of it and cause its a really strong faction.

I've been doing a lot of work on the general balance of weapons and ships, I just haven't pushed out any updates. Glad to see you like them otherwise though! Big things in the coming updates, haha.

RazorTS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2022, 03:25:20 AM »

Theres so many ships almost impossible task to balance

Had the basics of balanced done couple days before your tourney patch came out but then overwrote with it, big fml moment  :o

Weapons balance is in decent shape right now bit stronger than what i had, only thing that needs a change is cutting large missile ammo, it just having 1500 range is an issue then it reloads on top. I had it set with half the ammo and increased refire to 10s

Ships need complete redoing more or less so sorting ships by class  in .csv would help fine tune  and put ships in proper place, there's a lot of that to do

Callaghan92

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2022, 02:36:48 AM »

I've been doing a lot of work on the general balance of weapons and ships, I just haven't pushed out any updates. Glad to see you like them otherwise though! Big things in the coming updates, haha.

Do you have any rough estimate on when this update will come? Looking at a playthrough with this faction but would like to do it after the update :)

Zumberge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2023, 05:15:35 AM »

Apologies for the bump, but I'd like to ask a question: When you say that "any feedback is appreciated," is there an upper limit to how much you want?  Because I recently did a run with Bultach (1.0.7), and it got sidetracked into me prodding around in the ships and weapons and testing them out.  It's starting to snowball a little, and I thought I should ask before I committed because I've been taking notes and it's probably going to go into basically everything.  Just making sure it would be prudent to continue, or if the current version is too out of date for any of it to be useful.

Conceptually though, I dig it.  High-mobility low-tech just hits so many buttons for me.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2023, 10:18:38 AM »

Apologies for the bump, but I'd like to ask a question: When you say that "any feedback is appreciated," is there an upper limit to how much you want?  Because I recently did a run with Bultach (1.0.7), and it got sidetracked into me prodding around in the ships and weapons and testing them out.  It's starting to snowball a little, and I thought I should ask before I committed because I've been taking notes and it's probably going to go into basically everything.  Just making sure it would be prudent to continue, or if the current version is too out of date for any of it to be useful.

Conceptually though, I dig it.  High-mobility low-tech just hits so many buttons for me.

At this point I'm so far along with my own build that this version of my mod is wildly outdated. I do really appreciate feedback, but it wouldn't be applicable. However, I can send you the current build, if you'd like! As of now it's in the unofficial discord only, until I'm satisfied with my progress.

Valandras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2023, 02:13:50 PM »

I would certainly be interested in a peek at the up to date build, if thou art offering :D

Zumberge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2023, 06:04:19 PM »

At this point I'm so far along with my own build that this version of my mod is wildly outdated. I do really appreciate feedback, but it wouldn't be applicable. However, I can send you the current build, if you'd like! As of now it's in the unofficial discord only, until I'm satisfied with my progress.

If you could I'd be honored.

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Bultach Coalition v1.1.1, Revamped. Again.
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2023, 12:53:44 PM »

Finally updated! Jumped a few versions, as I've been working behind the scenes on discord.

Changes;
v1.1.1
-Another total resprite, rework of pretty much everything.
-More guns!
-More ships!
-Custom planet descriptions
-Various new shipsystems
-New sounds.
-Portraits for faction leaders, WIP.
-Updated faction description.
-Quite likely much more but at this point I have forgotten it.
-A LOT of balance changes.

Do not hesitate to provide feedback, I always love hearing it!

Coward

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2023, 03:16:57 PM »

with all the new changes, it would be safe to assume this new version is not save-compatible?

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2023, 03:29:14 PM »

with all the new changes, it would be safe to assume this new version is not save-compatible?

Unfortunately not, apologies.

Licoeur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2023, 02:02:51 AM »

I really like all the new models but I don't know if I will be able to live without the previous Freigart model. I love that ship so much I have it printed on my body pillow.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 02:19:01 AM by Licoeur »

Zordiark Darkeater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2023, 08:36:13 AM »

Is there a way for the player to get the Super Dreadnought ?
Or thats an Ai only ship ?
That thing is a MONSTER.

It can 1v1 the Magnetar and win without even having a scratch looool

Pogre

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2023, 11:39:27 AM »

Is there a way for the player to get the Super Dreadnought ?
Or thats an Ai only ship ?
That thing is a MONSTER.

It can 1v1 the Magnetar and win without even having a scratch looool

No, I don't plan for the player to be able to acquire it, as I'd basically have to neuter it for it to be any semblance of balanced in player hands. It's actually the Bultach homeworld's station.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11