Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Ship that rewinds?  (Read 987 times)

Torchwood202

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Ship that rewinds?
« on: May 15, 2022, 08:11:28 AM »

I'm trying to remember the name of a unique modded ship. Might've been from HMI or Talhan. It had an ability that, when first used, "saved" its position on the battlefield, flux levels, and armor. When the ability was used again, the ship would instantaneously rewind back to that spot with the flux and armor levels it had at that point in time. It was basically an infinite armor-regenerating ship.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Ship that rewinds?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 11:11:30 AM »

It was basically an infinite armor-regenerating ship.

Why would you want something so broken? At this point you might as well be honest and straight-up cheat.

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 11:13:27 AM »

Sounds like Nirvana from Tahlan.

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 11:37:21 AM »

It was basically an infinite armor-regenerating ship.

Why would you want something so broken? At this point you might as well be honest and straight-up cheat.

because rewinding time is cool?? if they wanted to cheat they easily could, but they want to find the cool time ship.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 02:30:05 PM »

because rewinding time is cool??

No it's not, it's a sloppy mechanic that oft-violates the laws of causality.

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 02:51:29 PM »

You're just no fun. The laws are causality are MADE to be violated!!

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 04:11:56 PM »

"Cool thing is not cool,  you see,  it does [cool thing]"

Laws are for lawyers

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2022, 09:23:46 PM »

If you treat playing a game "fair" as a badge of honor you need to go outside honestly, it's just a funny spaceship simulation game not a rite of passage of life.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2022, 03:17:10 AM »

The laws of causaility in the Persean sector are laws as in the Hegemony will prosecute you if you don't stop violating them.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 11:47:30 AM »

The laws of causaility in the Persean sector are laws as in the Hegemony will prosecute you if you don't stop violating them.

It's actually true.

https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/Temporal_Shell

https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/Scarab

"The Scarab is a rare, experimental hull developed by the Tri-Tachyon corporation. Only a limited run of prototypes has been produced.

Gross causality violating technology was banned by the Domain, and this ban is now upheld by Hegemony doctrine - with Luddic support. Nonetheless, it is the handful of fringe-examples of this technology which form the foundation for instellar human civilization from the old Gate system (depending on one's theory of its operation) to common FTL hyperspace travel and communication. Tri-Tachyon has always pushed the bleeding edge of these technologies - and of the law - by spearheading development of phase technology. The Scarab's uniquely hull-integrated prototype "Temporal Shell" system is no exception.

So it is not so much that the Scarab manipulates time as it avoids the normal rate of consequence of the local frame of reference. The effect, as upsetting to Luddic theologians as it is to laymen, is to seemingly slow time for the outside world. Of course one must avoid stating it thus in earshot of the applied temporal physicists who deal in such miracles to avoid a tedious correction of terminology. "
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.